Forums

Chicago Westmont Delivery Delayed

Chicago Westmont Delivery Delayed

I was slated for pickup 9/24, got all my financing stuff done today. I get a call saying im delayed till 9/29. Anyone else from Chi have this issue?

grahamcrackerscomics | September 19, 2018

I was scheduled for next Tuesday 330 pm in Westmont.
Got VIN last night.
Got call today pick up cancelled, and unlike most of you...no new date! Ugh, I'm back to waiting again. Would have been easier to handle having an actual date (for all the good they do).

VIN promptly disappeared, but I was told that it's still mine, just won't reappear until new date is set.

Heavy sigh....

sinixter | September 19, 2018

sorry to hear dude :(

floater | September 19, 2018

I was scheduled for delivery this Sunday (09-23-2018) in Hawthorne, CA. Received an apologetic text today cancelling delivery with only the promise of "ASAP", no firm date. Replied with questions, so far crickets. VIN never appeared on my account. My account still shows the Sunday delivery appointment. No reassuring scenarios are coming to mind here. Bad batch of 3's? We get fixed ones?
So far the worst communication I've dealt with from a large company.

jim_nielsen | September 20, 2018

Account still says 9/26 but I am clenching waiting for that call/email to move the date.... I assume all of our cars on the same train/truck so it may just be a matter of time, or they will wait till the day before to call me!

JIM

jcjoseph | September 20, 2018

@sinixter. It’s Saum Entezari. After not responding to my emails and not advising me my car was delayed two weeks, I hope Saum does a better job the second time around in communicating with me about the confirmation of my delivery in the preparation of my contract. Who is yours?

jwik | September 20, 2018

Mine still says delivery on 9/26 but assuming that won't hold now. Is there a correlation on what type is being pushed back? Should I call now to prevent the future disappointment of a reschedule? Never got an adviser so wouldn't know who to call other than the Westmont main #.

MSM, P3D-, with a VIN 103xxx

RedScooter | September 20, 2018

@jwik - there is no pattern here. But most(not all) of the reschedules are for folks who didn't receive a VIN. Since you have a VIN I hope your schedule holds.

@jwik - there is no pattern here. But most(not all) of the reschedules are for folks who didn't receive a VIN. Since you have a VIN I hope your schedule holds.

mudba | September 20, 2018

6/29 order

@jwik I had a vin assigned but my car was in California for the scheduled delivery date. You should call the showroom. When you call, it’s likely your delivery option will go to voicemail, so select sales and someone will pick up the call and you can ask them.

sinixter | September 20, 2018

@jcjoseph my advisors name is Joseph lol

Hey All. My VIN is showing up on https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipts now

The bad news is that it's sitting in a rail yard in California still.

Thank you @jcjoseph and @RedScooter. I'll call them this morning. Hopefully all of our cars show up asap. This is honestly a lot earlier than I was betting on a few months ago when considering "Tesla Time". I'm not sure I've heard anyone confirm their delivery is still on so I'll keep you updated but don't have a ton of confidence.

@mudba - thanks for the link. My delivery schedule person said that the big delivery for Westmont is scheduled for 9/29; Not sure I trust her - we know the internal communication within Tesla is broken beyond our imagination.

@jwik - who is your DA ? mine is JXsh WXlls - I haven't attempted reaching out to him yet.

@RedScooter - that's the weird part. The only person to ever contact my in this entire process has been the Delivery Scheduling Advisor in Fremont (Brett). Never got a more local DA or other contact which is strange to me.

My transport has 7 M3's and 1 Mx on board

@mudba thanks for sharing https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipts

I can see there are 10 M3s on the list of which one is mine and that I'm currently in Richmond, CA.

Assuming it's going out on the UP, I'm not sure if their is a way to track it anymore.

don | September 20, 2018

My delivery (AWD M3, day one reservation holder) was originally scheduled for 8/22, was called late the night before saying it needed service and would require parts to be delivered. It took over a week, with no further contact from Westmont and I just went into the showroom and asked to talk with whoever is in charge of deliveries. He said my car was finished the night before, but due to Labor day, I would have to wait for Tuesday. Go in Tuesday, wait an hour and service comes back and says the car won't keep a charge, need to replace the charge port and I can come back tomorrow. I called Tesla support and said I wanted the car the same day and sure enough later they called and said it is ready. The bad news was they couldn't charge it to 100%, and I didn't want to wait for the supercharger, so I left with 30% charge.

Be patient with Westmont, the delivery area does not answer phone calls or respond to voicemails, if you live close enough, just go in to the showroom to get an update.

It's worth the wait, the car is incredible.

@don Are you the red M3 I've been jealous of for a month now?!

thanks don!

sdjcne | September 20, 2018

Just got a call. They're now scheduling my delivery for Sept. 27th.

multimediawill | September 20, 2018

I’m scheduled for Oct 2nd at Westmont!

Hawkster34 | September 20, 2018

@sdjcne - nice! I was the 24 pushed to 28. Talked to 888 number today and I still have same VIN and car is “on the way to compound” whatever that means. Guy sounded very confident the 28th would happen. Maybe I’ll get bumped up.

jaygrabbe | September 20, 2018

Had my VIN, scheduled for 9/24 was delayed to 9/29, VIN removed

Your VIN is probably still the same. Just doesn’t show on account till it’s closer to delivery apparently

centurionusa | September 20, 2018

I wonder how long the train ride is from Cali to Chicago? 3-4 days?

Too long for me :-)

this is the home stretch boys

NoDecaf | September 20, 2018

The train ride is around 5 days based on my experience.

Also, regarding financing, they pushed back my first payment due date by a week since that's how long I was delayed.

The plot thickens. I got a call asking me to move to 9/26. I asked about times and I said those were not great. She sweetened the offer and said I’ll get a year of super charging if we take it before the end of the month. I pushed a little more and got a Saturday afternoon pickup.

For the record
9/25->10/2->10/29 (with 1yr charging)

Sorry. 9/29

Just called Westmont and confirmed I’m still on for a 9/26 delivery. Fingers crossed. They were beyond nice and helpful when I called.

Good news folks. Just got a text from Travon to pick up on 9/29 at 6 pm (my dates moved from 9/26->10/1->9/29).

I just emailed my rep and asked him for free supercharging because of the push back and delay

jcjoseph | September 21, 2018

Keep us in the loop sinixter!

RedScooter | September 21, 2018

I asked the same(one-year free supercharging) and was shot down. @mudba - do you know who you spoke with?

mudba | September 21, 2018

It was offered by the person who called to reschedule me. The day was not possible and I pretty much said that and that’s when they sweetened the offer. My assumption is you won’t get it if you just accepted the new date with excitement.

RedScooter | September 21, 2018

@mudba - thanks. In my case, the schedule offered was better than the one I had earlier - so, I jumped right on. I knew it was a long shot. I'm going to push it with my DA few more time as we get closer.

9/19 to 10/1 to 9/27

Is anyone thinking of doing a ceramic coat and/or clear bra? I'm going to submit a new post to gain insights on this.

sinixter | September 22, 2018

@jcjoseph yep Im already scheduled to get a full front PPF at Chicago Auto Pros, a lot of people at my job have gone there for their cars, seem pretty reputable.

sinixter | September 22, 2018

and tints, includes full rear windshield

jcjoseph | September 22, 2018

sinixter - what about ceramic coating? why the tints? ~ $1500 for the full front PPF?

randall | September 22, 2018

I was due for Tuesday but they canceled, apparently my car was still in CA. They then called back two days later and said, they can schedule and they scheduled for 9/29... fingers crossed... I had to move a trip and such to make this work, so hopefully they come through

johnw | September 22, 2018

Scheduled 9/24, now 10/5

sinixter | September 23, 2018

@jcjoseph - they wanted another $500 for ceramic coating, but ive been doing research, ill just DIY it. Yeah 1500 for PPF and 300ish for tints

cyberbrutus | September 23, 2018

I called 2 days before to check if the car was on site. I was not given a straight forward answer.
I called 1 day before delivery and they said the care is on site.
I called just before I started and they said the car was prepped for delivery and I can come pick it up.

By the time I went in, they knew me by my first name. Me and my wife had to take time off and thats the reason why I wanted to be 100% sure about getting delivery on promised date.

This part went smoothly...The next part has been a disaster.
I got home and noticed the charge door doesnt close flush, gouge on steering and scraping noise below 5 mph. Called Westmont service and it went to Tesla CA service. They said they will send a ranger in a day. Never happened. Called 3 days later. They said it got assigned to 'Engineering' instead of 'Service' department. And then wanted me to come in. I said yes and the rep scheduled it for wrong day. And I rescheduled myself on their site for October 1st.

Have been working with them since Sep 13th with no results !! Hope you guys have better experience with Westmont, IL.

Pages