Forums

Chicago Westmont Delivery Delayed

Chicago Westmont Delivery Delayed

I was slated for pickup 9/24, got all my financing stuff done today. I get a call saying im delayed till 9/29. Anyone else from Chi have this issue?

jcjoseph | September 26, 2018

I just logged into my account again. I have a MVPA! I have a VIN ! I hope that means what I think it means. Noon pick up on Friday! Celebratory lunch! Jim, we’re pulling for you.

multimediawill | September 26, 2018

@jwik congrats! Maybe you saw mine (red 19”) :). When did you get your MVPA and how did you first receive it? Was it in your account or did they email you?

multimediawill | September 26, 2018

My VIN just disappeared from my account. 10/2 delivery date... what does this mean?

Mine was in my account. No email from Tesla.

Bblue28 | September 26, 2018

@Hawkster34 they moved you up a day earlier. that's great. So my car should be ready for Friday. My Inside Advisor from Vegas also confirmated my schedule still this Friday.

What do we look for in the VIN or on the dash to confirm that we have AWD?

Blue - what time is your pick up?

sinixter | September 26, 2018

Jcjoseph - I got an email from Tesla for my MVPA. When they called me to push up my delivery date, the dude said my car should be in Thursday night. Kinda concerned me though, would it be prepped and Ready by Friday morning? I don’t want a dirty car..but honestly I’d take anything at this point.

sinixter | September 26, 2018

Hopefully see ya there Jim!

Bblue28 | September 26, 2018

3pm Friday.

grahamcrackerscomics | September 27, 2018

@JayGrabbe - ALLSTATE is my insurance provider. $543 for 6 months ($90.50 a month) with $1,000 deductible
$500 deductible would have been $102 a month.

Supposedly picking up today in Westmont at 1:30 pm.

3rd time they've scheduled me, and like the other 2 times I'm starting to believe it's real.

fingers crossed

jwik | September 27, 2018

@multimediawill definitely say a few reds with the nice wheels! Hopefully yours! I got my MVPA maybe about right at a week before delivery. Never got an email it just showed up online one day. I really didn't get any personal email beyond the initial scheduling 3 weeks ago. I got the P3D- in MSM and I'm loving the acceleration. The kids begged my not to floor it...did it once and now they ask me every time we hit a stop light.

jwik | September 27, 2018

It's an impressive operation at Westmont right now. They said they delivered 50 yesterday have around 100 scheduled for Saturday. I was surprised I only saw a few others getting their cars at the time with a ton of employees looking to help anyone but mostly waiting. Seems like they're ready but I can't imagine the chaos of 100 new cars, trades ins, etc all in that busy area. See you all around town!

jim_nielsen | September 27, 2018

Good luck to everyone these next couple of days... I don't want to answer my phone today as I usually get a call in the afternoon from California! (3rd delivery attempt tomorrow) I remember I couldn't wait for a california number to call me and now I am afraid to look at my phone when it rings!
Excited to meet a few of you tomorrow (10am)!

Good luck,

Jim
AWD
MSM
19"
Black int

multimediawill | September 27, 2018

I called Westmont after my VIN disappeared last night for my 10/2 delivery. They said that’s normal and that I am still on track for 10/2. Not sure if I entirely trust that but I hope it’s true.

gmkellogg | September 27, 2018

@Multimediawill mine disappeared too (I'm Highland Park). Hold on the roller coaster isn't over yet.

When is your delivery date @gmk?

sdjcne | September 27, 2018

Scheduled for 12:30 today. Just got a call there's a problem with a control unit and it needs to be replaced. Rescheduled for next Wednesday.

gmkellogg | September 27, 2018

10/1.

I GOT A NEW VIN!!! From 88XXX to 91XXX. LET’S GO!

ddnewcomb | September 27, 2018

Just got a text last night, the 26th, cancelling my appointment for the 27th. Now on my 4th delivery date. Now set for Friday at 2:30 in Westmont, but they were pushing me big time to get me to take delivery saturday or sunday at home if friday didn't work. They even went as far to suggest I sign all the paperwork on Saturday and they will drop the car off at my house on Sunday...assuming it comes in. Really? You want me to sign the paperwork as if I received the car but you won't give me the car yet because it might not be in. Really sensing the pressure on their end to meet quarter end. Still excited to get the car but this last cancellation took the wind out of my sails.

jaygrabbe | September 27, 2018

Delivering on Sunday? Id really ask for some free supercharging to help meet their deadline. Some people got a year free or a $100 credit to squeeze them into September.

mudba | September 27, 2018

It's officially against Illinois Law to sell a car on a Sunday in Illinois.

grahamcrackerscomics | September 27, 2018

Good News - just took delivery and got back to work from Westmont location. Some comments -

This was my 3rd scheduled delivery date/time - looks like 3rd time was the charm.

Back lot is full of Model 3s - was told they got HUNDREDS in this week (didn't see hundreds)

Guy that helped me was flown in from Florida - evidently FL & Texas employees all got flown in here to help get as many cars out the door as Illinois had thousands of cars dumped on them at once (so I was told).

Car was perfect, well almost, one tiny scratch which I was going to have them buff out, but then forgot about. I'm not as picky as most, I realize rocks are going to cause more issues down the line. Not losing sleep over it.

Red Multi-Coat - looked it over very carefully, had seen some awful paint jobs that people posted, found no blemishes or issues. Very happy with the look.

Expected Westmont location to be crawling with people. Appointment was 1:30, got there at 1:10 - they got me started at 1:15. Wanted me to sign all the paperwork without first showing me the car, insisted on seeing the car first 'Oh really?" - yes, even more so than poor paint jobs, or misaligned doors, or chipped glass - I was worried I'd ended up with a Black Car with no EAP or FSD or AWD. (with the way communication has been I expected to see the completely wrong car). Crazy laid back atmosphere, only saw 2 other couples picking up their cars while I was there. Not what I expected.

VIN: 5YJ3E1EB3JF088110 <-- Was told that 8th character in 'B' is the designation for AWD and if it was RWD it would be an A.

Car had 7 miles on it. It's still calibrating so I can't play with EAP yet, but no big deal I had rented a Model 3 for two days so have already tried everything out. Only thing that was new for me was the app.

Bought 2 extra key cards and had them programmed there. Cost $10 per card.

App worked fine (so far) - locking/unlocking car when it should

Only had a range of 150 miles on it. Again, no big deal, charging it at work now.

Car came with one usb-c charger and one lightning charger. I need to order/buy another usb-c charger, don't know why I didn't expect this.

Came with software version 2018.36.2, which I think is the newest, but hadn't made sure before I went to pick-up.

Either way, the end is finally here for most of us in Illinois. I expect that gmkellog and sinixter and the rest of you will all be getting them as well, be it tomorrow or Monday.

@Mudba - is it selling a car if it's already paid for, and it's just being delivered? Not sure where the law draws the line.

RedScooter | September 27, 2018

@grahamcrackerscomics- congrats! Thanks for the write up. Feeling bit relaxed that things won't be as bad over the weekend when I'm picking up my car.

jcjoseph | September 27, 2018

Morning Email from Marcus Sole of Westmont (msole@tesla.com) who I have found to be the most reliable and honest source of information "your vehicle is at the railyard and expected to arrive this evening for your delivery tomorrow. It’s a very tight timeframe, but we will contact you if it doesn’t arrive in time for some reason. Everyone is very optimistic that it will arrive in time but I just want you to be aware that it hasn’t arrived just yet." I'm just holding my breath. My gut feel is Tesla will do whatever they can to deliver cars by Sept 30 as that's the end of the quarter and we all know how important it is to the company to maximize the number of cars delivered in Q3.

@graham - congrats!

@ dd -- I would ask for/demand free supercharging miles given all you've been through

jim_nielsen | September 27, 2018

So I am scheduled for 10am tomorrow... I have not heard anything yet so do I just show up and cross my fingers. I called earlier today and they said they were swamped but would call me back later. That hasn't happened and not sure it will tonight.

I really don't want to go there and they don't even have my car... is that still happening to people?

Jim

cameronwmcrae | September 27, 2018

I finally got my MVPA today. Signed everything so I can get my car Saturday at 1130a .

Let's hope all goes smoothly! Pickup highland park

sinixter | September 27, 2018

@graham thanks for that feedback and congrats on the car! I called my DA and everything is set for tomorrow it seems. Ill report back ;)

ddnewcomb | September 27, 2018

@jaygrabbe; Yes, I asked for "something" to rearrange my Friday for pick-bp and I received one year of free supercharging.

I live in fear of the next outreach from Tesla. Mr. Joseph, we regret to inform you ...

Did you guys return your signed MVPA before picking up the car? Did you send in payment before picking up the car?

I just received the warning text from Tesla that they're trying to get the car from the rail yard tonight and that they'll update me in the morning. Fool me once, fool me twice, fool me three times? Since I'm now beyond frustration, I'll let Gomer Pyle do my talking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TnkJ8_BmSI

sinixter | September 27, 2018

@jc my email MVPA was a digital signing thing, it auto sent it back to my DA. I’m bringing a Check

cameronwmcrae | September 27, 2018

My MVPA was also available to sign digitally. But first it was available online and sent it to sent to my CU. Then I got an email 2 hours later to sign electronically. Once I e signed it, and submitted it was no longer viewable through web. It's back to the original order agreement.
We'll see what happens saturday, but my mvpa was for oak park not highland park, but hope it doesn't make a difference since it's all to tesla.

jaygrabbe | September 28, 2018

@grahamcrackerscomics - Awesome and congrats, going to look into Allstate now. I have Liberty Mutual.
@ddnewcomb - Thats too cool free charging, Road Trip!
I dont get excited much but im starting to get very anxious now, back to reading crazy forum posts and the car manual haha!

jcjoseph | September 28, 2018

How do you like this for a really informative morning text from Tesla: "As of now, your car is not here yet. But we will update you as soon as we have received it and can expect a delivery" These guys are sucking all of the joy from getting a new car. Three promised deliveries, three defaults.

How do you like this for a really informative morning text from Tesla: "As of now, your car is not here yet. But we will update you as soon as we have received it and can expect a delivery" These guys are sucking all of the joy from getting a new car. Three promised deliveries, three defaults.

RedScooter | September 28, 2018

@jaygrabbe - I got slightly lower quite from StateFarm (of course YMMV) check that out as well.

And now I'm told that while my car is in the area, it requires an Over the Air update that can only be pushed through by engineers in Fremont, CA and that process will take 1 - 2 days. They're seeing if there's an unclaimed car with my desired specs in the Chicago area. Yeah, like that's going to happen.

I've got to say that through this ordeal, Marcus in Westmont has been great to work with. He picks up the phone, he's responsive, and he tries to help.

The news only gets worse. The engineers can not fix my car. Tesla has to order me a new car. A few weeks to a new car? A month? They can't tell me. I sold my other car. So far, Tesla is showing the right signs of doing what they should do to make lemonade out of a lemon. We'll see. I hope all of you get your cars on your new promised date and that the car is everything you expect it to be!

@jcjoseph - that is very painful, hope and wish they find you a replacement quickly. Hang in there.

Irony of all ironies -- I ordered a Tesla and now I'm driving an Enterprise Rent a Car courtesy of Tesla. Free supercharging for a year and free service for a year. Should have my new car in two (hopefully) to four weeks. Kudos to Tesla for taking care of me.

Got my delivery schedule for tomorrow moved up by 8 hours ( 6pm-> 10am). Just dropped off my leased audi that ended today (I know, this is some crazy timing luck) and am officially without a car.

I really hope Tesla don't mess up and put me on Enterprise rental car. I'm already ridiculed for my Tesla craziness by my family including my 8-year-old daughter.

ddnewcomb | September 28, 2018

Picked up my Tesla today from Westmont so the 4th (scheduled) time was a charm. I showed up 30 minutes before my appointment and was taken care of immediately; they have lots of staff waiting to help and the staff I worked with were crazy helpful. Most are from Texas and Florida that were flew in to help. Took a quick look at the car before signing the paperwork (which took 5 minutes) and then went out and got an orientation on the car. So the time taken from driving in the dealership to driving out (with the Model 3, 35 minutes maybe. Car looks awesome, rides awesome, and wow, is it quick. Be patient all, it was worth the wait. Now I have my eye on the Model X...was a beautiful one in the showroom. PS...lots of new Model 3's in the parking lot. Yesterday they had 17 truck carriers roll in...each carrying 10 cars each I believe.

multimediawill | September 28, 2018

Congrats! I’m hoping my Red 19” 10/2 delivery was on one of those trucks :)

@ddnewcomb - congrats!

I thought Tesla had an offsite storage place (Rt. 53 North Bolingbrook Dr. closer to MCQs indoor golf place) - not 100% sure but remember seeing it a couple of times while driving thru.

Marionjack | September 28, 2018

10:30pm central time, I just got my third text “Thank you for confirming your availability. We are unable to schedule your delivery this weekend. We sincerely apologize for this, but will reach out as soon your car becomes available.”
This is the only contact I have had from Tesla. April 1, 2016 reservation 6/28/2018 order, silver, awd, premium black interior, no trade, no finance, Davenport IA pickup in Chicago Westmont.

Pages