Forums

LTE Issues

LTE Issues

LTE is not working after I completed the most recent update. Anyone else having issues?

efuseakay | October 16, 2018

Not working at all this morning. Welcome to a connected car!

creedwes | October 16, 2018

mine stopped working this morning, had been working since V9 update last week.

davidunola | October 16, 2018

I am still on V8 LTE signal cutting on and off. Even when I have a signal streaming still does not work.

jimglas | October 16, 2018

Sounds like a national issue. Reported across the country.

I am still on V8 LTE signal cutting on and off. Even when I have a signal streaming still does not work.

guerrabrian | October 16, 2018

good to know..I felt so detached without the LTE/Streaming...

justin | October 16, 2018

I finally updated to v9 last night and LTE / Cellular signal was offline completely. When I called into Tesla support the wait time was over an hour, which is the longest I have ever gotten by far. I wondered if the two could be related and my updating was just an unfortunate coincidence. Others also posting the same issue makes me think there is more going on than our isolated issues.

I'm in Austin TX, assuming it might be a regional thing.

I have seen reports from san antonio, chicago and colorado springs (and now austin). I suspect its a system issue, not LTE

cloudohana | October 16, 2018

uggh explains why I'm currently on hold for 53 min & counting ..... using up all my international calling minutes just because their website won't recognize a military APO address

rxlawdude | October 16, 2018

Not observed in SoCal (Orange County).

aa_lawth | October 16, 2018

I'm having the same LTE issue (Indiana)

niunio | October 16, 2018

In Wisconsin since this morning LTE is out. Service call waiting over 30 mins.

pbeadling | October 16, 2018

I'm in Dallas, TX and have been without LTE since around 10:00 AM CDST.

baloniusmaximus | October 16, 2018

I was at the service center in Eden Prairie, MN this morning and overheard employees talking about it being a national outage. Not working here either as of 1PM.

JPooh | October 16, 2018

Is anything issued by the company? service bulletin, etc??? I'm in Chicago and it's been down since 7:30AM and its now around 2pm. still down

TeslaTap.com | October 16, 2018

Working fine for me in Bay Area at 11:45 am pst. Wonder if it is AT&T?

TeslaTap.com | October 16, 2018

Working fine for me in Bay Area at 11:45 am pst. Wonder if it is AT&T?

dlglaser2 | October 16, 2018

Can confirm that it was out in Chicago at 7:45 am. Have not been back in car to update status but it does not show connection with the app.

jlhm | October 16, 2018

Still issues in Colorado since this morning.

ruprecht111 | October 16, 2018

I have had the same issues. Internet has not worked since the V9 update and no LTE today. Waiting 40-50 minutes to talk to someone is ridiculous for a premium product/service provider. Maybe Elon should stop smoking weed on the radio, stay the heck off of twitter and focus on getting the company to perform like a first class organization. I have a Model 3 reservation but am very reluctant to pull the trigger when you can't get someone to help you on line, you can't talk to your local service center and it takes over 2 weeks to get an appointment (not to mention months to get parts when something is broken). It won't change unless all of us who are owners let management know we deserve a much better experience.

kristopher.baker | October 16, 2018

Also an issue in Indianapolis. As far as I can tell, it's been a problem since the V9 update.

tomgnds | October 16, 2018

Same thing in Colorado. Connects to the Internet using WiFi, but not on LTE. LTE signal appears to be strong, then it says it has no signal. Cycles through this repeatedly. I'm not far from the tower.

rxlawdude | October 16, 2018

Did Tesla not pay its bill to AT&T? :-)

jon | October 16, 2018

They need a way to tell us about these problems, like maybe a message in the inbox in the app.

In Lousiana and getting the same on/off issue.

efuseakay | October 16, 2018

ATT network still in the crapper in big parts of the country. Keep track of the outages here:

https://downdetector.com/status/att/map/

tomgnds | October 16, 2018

May be working in the Colorado Springs area now. No issues this time on my drive home.

PrescottRichard | October 16, 2018

It would be nice to use your phone as a hot spot for when stuff like this happens.

Although, I suppose if AT&T is the issue and your phone is AT&T that wouldn’t help.

The problem I was having earlier today with my LTE cutting on and off appears to be working normal again.

car didn't work
ATT&T phone LTE was 5 bars and working fine

jbsiegelmd | October 17, 2018

Mine was offline all afternoon and evening on the 16th. Did a complete power down of the car once it was in my garage and connected to WiFi (doubt this had any effect). I had done soft and hard reboots to no effect before doing this.
When I left for work this morning (first time driving after the complete power down) the car did connect to LTE however with fewer bars than usual. I only had 3 bars of service when directly adjacent to AT&T's world headquarters in Dallas which usually has the best signal you can find. Something odd is still going on.