Forums

Passenger seat belt rattling cause

Passenger seat belt rattling cause

I've posted a similar thread on tmc but I want to share what I think the cause is since I just experience it today. It looks like the belt buckle is hitting the plastic piece behind the seat and causes all these rattles. Try leaning the seat back or move the seat all the way back to see if the rattles go away. I think I just save Tesla some money and you guys time to go to the service center. If anyone finds any kind of padding that can be tape on the seat plastic piece, please share.

See the pictures at the tmc link below
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/passenger-seat-belt-rattling-cau...

RES IPSA | October 26, 2018

I have notice a somewhat faint rattling sound that comes from the plastic piece that slides up and down on the b-pillar... the part that has the button you push in to slide the seat belt up or down. I put some blue painter's tape to secure it and the sound went away.

Bighorn | October 26, 2018

@RES
Agreed

robertsteven192 | May 31, 2019

@RES IPSA
Where exactly did you put the painter's tape?
I live somewhat far away from a service center and would love to be able to fix this myself if possible.

texxx | June 1, 2019

Same rattle for me just started on the driver's side seat belt slider. Res, when you taped yours, was it visible or were you able to hide the tape and still kill the rattle?

billlake2000 | June 1, 2019

Res, people are waiting with bated breath for your picture to be entered into evidence. Gavel down!