It should start soon...

trixiew | March 14, 2019

still waiting

blue adept | March 14, 2019

"Hold tight...the show is about to begin"

SteveMost | March 14, 2019

Still waiting... 11:14 EDT

Nic727 | March 14, 2019

They always have some problems with stream. They should use YouTube streaming services instead of Ustream.

trixiew | March 14, 2019

Ugh

SoCal Buzz | March 14, 2019

Soon

Mike83 | March 14, 2019

Stay tuned

trixiew | March 14, 2019

stay tuned

Nic727 | March 14, 2019

Stay Tuned now.

And changed for YouTube Streaming lol. https://youtu.be/3ydPFR6xb3I

Mike83 | March 14, 2019

Flagging Bulgarian symbols while waiting

Mike83 | March 14, 2019

Its here

McKinneyMan | March 14, 2019

IT JUST WENT LIVE

Nic727 | March 14, 2019

started

Mike83 | March 14, 2019

Can I have the new generation Roadster or the Semi

Mike83 | March 14, 2019

Solar roof, Powerwall and Powerpak

Mike83 | March 14, 2019

Superchargers in 36 Countries.

Mike83 | March 14, 2019

550000 vehicles

Mike83 | March 14, 2019

Safety First, 0to60 3.5 seconds, 300 miles range, 7 seats

jimglas | March 14, 2019

I only read Chinese characters

sosmerc | March 14, 2019

More details to come in the near future, but as expected, it will be a capable and more affordable version of the X.
AWD and 300 mile usable range and conventional doors front and rear. 3 row option. But they didn't show the hatch opening which I hope will reveal a very flat and low opening and a lot of space with the rear seats down. I don't recall Elon mentioning exactly where it was going to be built...did I miss that?

You can configure your Model Y and place your order now:

https://www.tesla.com/modely

Sounds like your browser has been 'hacked' @jimglas...

Try clearing your cookies, your cache, and restarting your browser.

skyler418 | March 14, 2019

I was about to reserve and saw 2,500 for the reservation... I pulled out.. I wish it was 1000 like the 3 was. Man...

bgbythsea | March 14, 2019

Model Y area of the website seems bogged down. I wonder how many people are ordering. I tried but it wouldn’t go through.

sosmerc | March 14, 2019

You may be in line behind a lot of Chinese?

holdthataway | March 14, 2019

It’s amazing that the base price of the long range version is $47k. Cheaper then I got my LR M3 (before tax credits). If the $7.5k tax credit was still around I’d definitey consider buying one new. Oh well- back to waiting for a used car off a lease for me.

skyler418 | March 14, 2019

Cars act of 2018 will reinstate the 7500 as a permanent incentive and no longer a tax credit rather just amt off the car. Just need it ti gain more speed in Congress. Right now its a bill in the house i believe. You can sign up gor legislation updates about it too. I have and i get updates every so often on it. Im just hoping thatll happen. Inwas all in to make a reservation but i cant do the extra 1500 that the model3 was right now. Im so disappointed i want to cry lol

spuzzz123 | March 14, 2019

Model Y is nice but not different enough from the 3. They sho7ld have just called it the 2021 redesigned model 3 and saved the Y designation for the pickup

carlk | March 15, 2019

Everything is as expected. Although I have to say the car, especially the side view, looks amazingly nice. Tesla will sell tons of it. Jaguar and Audi need to go back to the drawing board again.

RedShift | March 15, 2019

@spuzzz123

It seats 7 for starters, there’s a big difference between the 3 and the Y. To amortize costs, most automakers extend their platforms, like Tesla has done with the Y.

EVGuy2018 | March 15, 2019

Got my Model Y order in this morning. Does anyone know how the early deliveries will be prioritized? I hope they give credit to prior and curremt Tesla owners as in the past and that they don’t just “abandon” their waiting list before everyone on it got an invitation as they eventually did with the Model 3....?

jordanrichard | March 15, 2019

It is quite literally a joke that on the Y page, they state that it can hold "7 adults". Now, unless Tesla is using Disney's definition of "adult" which is 10 yrs old, they are doing injustice to their reputation of being transparent. Watched the video by Kim from Like Tesla and she stated there was no way you were putting a car seat back there, in the 3rd row. If you can't fit a car seat, just how is an "adult" going to fit?

Oddly, they wouldn't let anyone open the frunk or the hatchback.

liftsrock | March 15, 2019

Tesla seems to have missed an opportunity to add some sizzle with the "Y". No mention of trailer hitch, Y or N? Could have designed a roof rack for bikes, etc. on the Y . . . would have made it much more desirable as an SUV, regardless of the price add-on. No mention of suspension . . . could have done something crazy with an option for ride height/underclearance like on the X.

liftsrock | March 15, 2019

They also could have incorporated more power outlets in the Trunk and Trunk to run lights, music boxes, coolers, food warmers...the stuff people use when tailgating at sporting events or on picnics, camping, etc. Pretty low cost stuff that people would be happy to pay for but would make Y much more desirable.

carlk | March 15, 2019

There are height challenged adults. One can sit in the third row and one in the frunk. Still let's not be too picky. Few vehicle of this size have third row seating. None of them is fit for an adult either.

Mike83 | March 15, 2019

I would order one but we have an MS and an M3 and a small family. For the new families this car provides safety and convenience and is non polluting. More CLEAN garages coming. Very happy today to pick up some cheap shares as I expected would happen. Funny that the shorts pushed gossip out that Musk resigned. In reality and they probably knew it was his brother who resigned from Chipotle. Wonder why the SEC is lax on the short sellers allowing so many lies to go unpunished.

NKYTA | March 15, 2019

Buy the rumour, sell the news, unfortunately.
Nice looking vehicle!

EVolution | March 15, 2019

I want one right now!!!!

sosmerc | March 15, 2019

I was disappointed in Elon's presentation, was hoping for more clarity on the features. Would like to have seen the rear hatch open and close as well as the frunk. Kind of got the feeling that the car isn't quite ready in terms of final details...like it is still a work in progress? But that's ok because ALL of the Tesla products are a constantly improving work in progress. This event was more of a "love fest" for Elon and company and so far the media is treating it as such. The stock market is not impressed either.

Uncle Paul | March 15, 2019

Brillant move by Tesla. They can efficiently build off the very popular Model 3 and have access to the small SUV market.

Can take everything they learned, making the 3, use the same motors, chassis, interior and electronics, batteries and safety engineering they invested in making the 3 to produce this new, more versitle vehicle.

Not just personal transportation, but something for lifestyle purchases. Small families, adventurers, retirees, Urbans, Surburbans, essentially something for everyone.

Imagine it will eventually come with a full compliment of accessories and configurations. 5 seater, 7 seater, air suspension, roof racks, towing packages, track package, different battery/performance packs. Will have the latest and greatest sensor packages with the latest custom computer chips. It will be able to access the newly released V3 Superchargers and charge faster than any Tesla before.

This version should be uber popular all around the world. Should become as aspirational vehicle that people will be proud to own.

As with all other Tesla models, I believe people will be standing in line to be the first to own these remarkable cars.

sosmerc | March 15, 2019

Elon shares your view and thinks the Y is going to sell like hotcakes. I might get on the waiting list too as soon as it becomes clear about all the features and specs. And I would not even consider a purchase unless I can get an up close and personal look at the car no matter how glowing the reviews.

Sam_S | March 15, 2019

Range on Y indicates no change to battery 2 years from now. I find that surprising, unless they plan to under promise and over deliver.

jordanrichard | March 15, 2019

Before everyone goes off getting mad about the specs/looks, don't forget that this is just a prototype. Granted structurally things won't change, but just like the Model 3, they made subtle changes to the front bumper.

So to start complaining about the Y, as if this was the final version of it is like complaining over a rumor.

Tesla-David | March 15, 2019

Very nice. Does anyone know if the MY will have air suspension to alter the vehicle clearance height for off-roading? I find it an incredibly useful feature in our MS, especially during the recent snow storm up in Edmonds, WA last month.

sosmerc | March 15, 2019

That would definitely be a cool feature, and also a feature that might be useful when towing (for leveling under load?)
But there has yet been any mention of a tow package...so who knows.