Forums

No bass, rear speakers totally muffled since 2019.5.15 update

No bass, rear speakers totally muffled since 2019.5.15 update

Not getting any sound out of rear speakers and lost all bass as well. Anyone else experienced it? Should I wait for new firmware or get an appointment?

Pkarim | March 30, 2019

No bass happened to me one time, soft reset corrected and hasn't happened since.

Still on 5.15

Wanderer | March 30, 2019

Thanks. It worked.

dgstan | March 30, 2019

Yeah, two days ago, I went over a bump and lost all bass and the stereo sounded like a transistor radio. I did a reset and it all came back. Weird.

eandmjep | March 31, 2019

I had to reset and it went away.

rfadeel | March 31, 2019

mine did this last night and fixed itself this morning. no bass and the rear speakers just made popping noises as if they were trying to produce sound but kept going out.

slingshot18 | March 31, 2019

Old issue since last fall. Not specifically related to 5.15. Hard reset often fixes it...at least for an amount time. Also, if it’s a bump check your subwoofer cable connections. These are sometimes not seated completely.

rxlawdude | March 31, 2019

@rfadeel, check if your mic is working (voice command or phone call) when the popping noises occur.

It took an update to fix, but I was almost positive it was hardware.

rv2019 | March 31, 2019

I noticed the subwoofer wasn't working and I can barely hear rear speakers when I checked the sound system today. Reboot fixed it for me. I am on 5.15

GregWhiteShark | April 16, 2019

It’s happened to me twice now. Glad(?) to hear it’s not just me. Model 3 V. 2019.5.15

bdodu | May 5, 2019

Same issue, I called the service and they said it’s a hardware issue. Brand new car, dissapointing...

bdodu | May 5, 2019

Same issue, I called the service and they said it’s a hardware issue. Brand new car, dissapointing...