Tesla service used to be great! Not anymore. Here is my recent experience.
I live in Seattle area. We had a big snowstorm in February, 1 1/2 to 2 feet snow. Long story short, snow banks everywhere, including our driveway, and I scraped the left rear part of the wheel one too many times against a snow bank, and the plastic trim around the wheel area, I think it is called quarter panel, broke. It's a plastic part, no damage to the metal, no big deal.
I went to the local service center in Bellevue WA, exactly two months ago. The problem is still unresolved and it's been one terrible experience after another. Here is what happened so far.
1. First of all, when I called the service center, nobody picked up the call. I called 2-3 times, same outcome, so I decided to go to the service center in person.
2. I was surprised that the local service center did not have such a small, cheap part in inventory (Bellevue / Seattle area has thousands of Teslas, you would think they would keep some parts in inventory.
3. They ordered the part and told me it would take a few weeks for it to be delivered to the service center and once delivered, someone would call me to schedule a service appointment.
4. Weeks went by and no one called.
5. I was busy at work, so finally when I had some time, I followed up. After a few tries, got the same service rep on call.
6. She said something to the effect "oops, the part was delivered a few weeks ago but I don't know why no one noticed it and called you"
7. She asked me if mobile service would be OK, to which I said OK. She said, a mobile technician will call me in a few days to schedule the service call.
8. You guessed it. No one called for about a week and a half (and mind you, if you call the service center, generally, no one picks up the phone).
9. Finally, someone called from an "Unavailable" number. I of course, don't pick up such calls.
10. I listened to the voicemail and called back and scheduled a service call.
11. The service call was scheduled for 3PM this afternoon. However, at around 2:45, the technician called me and said that he went to the service center to pick up the part but the part is not there, so he can't service the car. He couldn't give me any more information about when the car will be serviced.
12. I called the service center to find out. 4 times. Of course, no one picked up the phone. And the voicemail box was full and I couldn't leave a message.
13. Finally, I called the sales office and asked to talk to service manager. I was told that the manager was not in office today. The service rep was in the office but helping another customer and that she would give me call once she was done with that customer.
14. That was at 4 PM. The store closes at 6 PM. No one called.
So, first of all, Tesla is using a cheap plastic part on a 100K car, doesn't have a spare even in a large service center, can't deliver it for two months, doesn't know it's not there while scheduling a service appointment, and at the service center, very often no one picks up the call, voicemail box is full, and when you call and complain, no one returns the calls.
I will post an update after a few days. I am hoping that this thing gets resolved soon.