Forums

Best ev charging App

Best ev charging App

Can anyone recommend the best EV charging App for trips from Florida to Massachusetts. it seems like from New Jersey thru Conneticut there is a shortage.

murphyS90D | May 19, 2019
EVRider | May 19, 2019

The PlugShare app can help you find both superchargers and other charging options. There’s no shortage of superchargers between FL and MA, so you won’t need other options. Before your trip, you can use https://www.evtripplanner.com to figure out where to stop, but the car will tell you when you’re underway.

AERODYNE | May 19, 2019

I rarely need more than what the car nav provides, but try A Better Route Planner. It worked well when I tried it.

jordanrichard | May 20, 2019

Shortage? Are you kidding? For the past 5 years I have been driving up and down the East coast from CT and never had an issue.

jordanrichard | May 20, 2019

Also, you don’t need any third party app, the chargers are in the center screen. IF you use the planner, it will map out which chargers you need to stop at. Though I wouldn’t take them for gospel. The system likes t list the least number of stops, but those stops may be further apart than what you want. Meaning, if it gets to be a meal time, charge up while you are eating. What this does for you is shorten the amount of time you will need to charge later on down the road.