Forums

Need better confirmation for driving with falcon wing door open

Need better confirmation for driving with falcon wing door open

I crashed trying to enter my garage with the left wing up. Yes I ignored all the warning beeps. It was a noisy environment and I was used to all the beeping coming from the proximity sensors when entering a garage. A visual yes/no confirmation on the touchscreen before I’m allowed to move with the falcon wings open would have helped

colorczar | May 24, 2019

I agree. Enabling an option requiring explicit confirmation is appropriate.

Tesla - are you listening?

David Trushin | May 24, 2019

Do you also ignore the alarm that goes off if you open a door while in gear?

Vawlkus | May 24, 2019

So....... you ignored the audio alarms and didn’t look at the binnacle & main screen warnings, and yet it’s still Tesla’s fault?

If there was a button, you’d probably push it without thinking and still crash the FWD into things.

peter | May 24, 2019

There is a visual warning! It is on the main screen with flashing red.

mathwhiz | May 24, 2019

Maybe a mini-IQ test before you can drive the car... '-)

mbirnie51 | May 24, 2019

@dfcheung....WTF....you're pretty immature to suggest that!!

lilbean | May 25, 2019

How about your eyeballs for a warning.

liftsrock | May 25, 2019

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be good to disable "F" and "R" travel with any door(s) open except perhaps the Driver's Door and then provide an "Override" button to enable moving the car Fwd or Rev if necessary to do. If anyone wants to submit an idea for a new feature or functionality like this, send e-mail to ServiceHelpNA@tesla.com and they will forward your message to the appropriate "team". I send suggestions fairly frequently and usually get a response a few days later advising that the suggestion has been received and forwarded to the appropriate people for review.