Forums

New free supercharging incentive to entice customers??

New free supercharging incentive to entice customers??

Reading @ https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/29/tesla-fremont-factory-prepping-for-model...

It reads, "Tesla rolled out a free supercharging incentive to entice customers" from paragraph of "Last week, Tesla cut prices on its Model S by $3,000 and Model X by $2,000, and rolled out a free supercharging incentive to entice customers"

This doesn't include any existing customer, or ?

jimglas | May 30, 2019

nope
woudnt "entice customers" if they already have the car

Neomaxizoomdweebie | May 30, 2019

FWIW, 5000 miles of free supercharging is probably $300 bucks or less. Don't feel too bad, okay?

rhj | May 30, 2019

Free charging on inventory car only for a limited time.
Move them out in Q2

kevin_rf | May 30, 2019

It's the end of the quarter. I'm sure Elon would leak a sex tape if he thought it would increase sales.

Thank goodness no one at Tesla reads these forums.

jordanrichard | May 30, 2019

FWIW, 5000 miles of supercharging is more like about $650. The superchargers are put in place to allow one to do roads trips that you would otherwise do in an ICE. Since the avg car on the road today gets about 25 mpg and the performance level in a Tesla is equivilant to an ICE car that would require Premium gas.

terminator9 | May 30, 2019

I am sure they are betting that 90% of the people won't do many long road trips and thus won't use all the 5000 miles.
I have maybe used 600 supercharging miles since the bought the car last September. Even if they gave me free supercharging for 1 year, they would be out may be $100 for the year.

dcinnh | May 31, 2019

We just completed a 4,800+ mile trip to the tune of only $204 dollars on SCs in a Model 3 LR AWD. Note we did get 3 free fill-ups at hotels with destination chargers.

FISHEV | May 31, 2019

Tesla should offer "Unlimited" for $1k a year upfront. Extra cash flow now and nice subscription cash flow going forward. Tesla could be earning $100M a year from the SC fees.

Joshan | May 31, 2019

I also got 5k free miles but they will expire before I even use 1k of them.

susan | May 31, 2019

We got our 2018 Model 3 in late February with a promise of 9 months free supercharging (on the phone, nothing written). Our account shows free supercharging for less than 6 months. Grrrr

Teslanene | May 31, 2019

@susan I was the opposite it said 6 months during the promotion, but online account shows 9 months.