Forums

Supercharger speeds

Supercharger speeds

With a 2019 P100D supercharger speeds should use V2 max speeds?

I’m not seeing over 70kw no matter what supercharger or stall I move to and that’s with the battery in prime charging range.

What kw are fellow MX owners seeing?

I seen a thread about needing the internal charger replaced which fixed the issue.

Had an appointment set with the service center but they are saying nothing is wrong according to their logs they pulled. But the next step is to drive it to the service center and have them super charge it and see for themselves. It takes literally like a hour and a half to get to 80-90% from 20% battery. I feel as if something is wrong.

jimglas | September 11, 2019

I saw 130 last weekend

jimglas | September 11, 2019

I saw 130 last weekend

avesraggiana | September 11, 2019

Wherever you go, don’t bother with the Hawthorne superchargers. The MCU supercharger map says there a total of ten stalls. In reality there are only eight, two of which are the super-duper, brand spanking new 250 kW type.

When I actually got to Hawthorne last Saturday, two of the actual eight supercharger stalls were OTS, including one of the 250 kW types.

After waiting ten minutes, which wasn’t too bad considering how busy this location was, the charging rates were abysmal - 20 miles in 34 minutes.

Complete waste of time. Avoid this location if you’re looking for fast charging speeds.

TeslaTap.com | September 11, 2019

@CS96 - That does seem slow, but try another location, not just that one site. It's more likely something wrong at that site. Also, some locations are all 72 kWh by design. These have smaller gray pedestals.

The internal charger is not used with DC fast charging, although power is routed through the unit. It's more of an all or nothing situation for DC charging. It would not limit charging as you described.