Forums

New sounds are going to be available?

New sounds are going to be available?

I don't want to sound like a meathead, but how is this going to be possible for the earlier version cars, such as mine, that do not have an outside speaker? The article says you're going to be able to change the horn sound? Which I didn't even know was legal. And it also sounds like you're going to be able to change the pedestrian warning sounds.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-customized-horn-sounds-elon-musk/

Magic 8 Ball | October 6, 2019

Cool! Neighbor is at Tesla test driving now and before they left he was voicing he wants a Jetson’s sound ( a popular request).

M3phan | October 6, 2019

“And now for something completely different, a [car] with three buttocks.”
This is going to be fun. Horns that sound like goats or farts, and custom sounds for the PWS. This car is a blast. Soon, literally. And yes, Tesla is going to continue improving the serious (important) stuff too. I happen to like all of it, because “I’m not dead yet!”
: )

exevbuilder | October 6, 2019

This is very funny. Monty would be proud.
“And now for something completely different, a [car] with three buttocks.”
This is going to be fun. Horns that sound like goats or farts, and custom sounds for the PWS. This car is a blast. Soon, literally. And yes, Tesla is going to continue improving the serious (important) stuff too. I happen to like all of it, because “I’m not dead yet!”
: )

PECo CT | October 6, 2019

I’m hoping for horse and steam locomotive pedestrian warning sounds that change as your speed changes. Whinny and steam whistle horn sounds would be nice, too.

M3phan | October 6, 2019

A whinny, THEN a fart, followed by the steam.

Magic 8 Ball | October 6, 2019

Just say Frau Blucher for the whinny.

ElectricAlex | October 6, 2019

What knockers!

M3phan | October 6, 2019

...huuuge...tracts of land!

Whdame | October 7, 2019

I think it would be funny if you could have the pedestrian sound of a galloping horse and then when you hit the horn it would make the horses neigh sound to include the flapping lips.

M3phan | October 7, 2019

Funny! And then the front camera could record the result. Hahahahaha.

M3phan | October 7, 2019

Just copying/pasting my response from a similar thread, because sometimes I’m a 3rd Grader:
Welcome to the era of Fart Mobbing. A parking lot invaded by drivers in agreeance ahead of time as to the sound option, s l o w l y creeping around the lot..

Whdame | October 7, 2019

@M3phan- that's a hilarious idea for a third grader, but I would definitely participate...lol

M3phan | October 7, 2019

“ And in a related news story, the NHTSA reverses it’s mandate on PWS for EVs...”

gwolnik | October 7, 2019

I want the sound of clapping coconuts.

cybergrafx | October 7, 2019

@M3phan - you always crack me up!
Let me know when you do the fart mobbing.... I've gotta see that one.

rdh37 | October 7, 2019

@gwolnik, He is brave Sir Robyn, brave Sir Robyn...

ronocoug | October 7, 2019

@gwolnik: Your "clapping coconuts" wish is EM command: https://electrek.co/2019/10/06/tesla-monty-python-easter-egg-v10-softwar...

Coconut sound mentioned in the article is at the bottom. Long live Monty Python!!

Whdame | October 7, 2019

My grandson likes my idea of the horse and the neigh sound for the horn, but he thinks the pedestrian sound at the low speed should sound like an ice cream truck, like pop goes the weasel. That's actually kind of funny if you think about it!

JAD | October 7, 2019

I haven't actually heard which cars this will work with. Is it just through the new pedestrian sound system? Is that what makes the horn sound on the new cars? Or is the horn on all cars configurable for new sounds?

lbowroom | October 7, 2019

I can't imagine the original horns are anything but a standard horn so I'm puzzled by that.

M3phan | October 7, 2019

@cybergrafx, haha, thanks! if/when this sound option passes (pun intended), I’m up for circling up some local owners and doing it.
@Whdame, he’s onto something there.

nick-r | October 7, 2019

Nee!

nick-r | October 7, 2019

Sorry... Ni! And don’t make me say it again!

M3phan | October 7, 2019

I fart in your general direction.

howard | October 7, 2019

The entertainment never stops. The absurdity never stops. There is so much more that could be done to actually make the M3 a better car. Fart sounds are the farthest from them. What, giggles from the back of the third grade class!

ODWms | October 8, 2019

Horseshoe clomping would be funny.

MichaelB00012 | October 8, 2019

@howard - go away, you're no fun. This thread is about fun, so go be a fun vacuum on another post.

@M3Phan - Count me in on the fart circle in the parking lot!