Forums

TACC on high traffic - stops too far away

TACC on high traffic - stops too far away

I had intelligent cruise control in my old Infiniti and it used to handle bumper-to-bumper traffic quite well.

My M3 stops waaay too far from the next car and also waits too long to start moving once traffic resumes. Does anyone else have the same impression? Are these settings that could be adjusted (like the driving distance to the next car) ?

tigerkc | October 11, 2019

Yes, the distance between you and the car in front is adjustable. Please read the owner's manual.

Hint: the adjustment is on the steering wheel, and on the touch screen.

Hint: the adjustment is on the steering wheel, and on the touch screen.

PhilMB | October 11, 2019

@tigerkc Yes, but that's the driving distance and it doesn't seem to influence the distance that it keeps from the car stopped in front of you while waiting for traffic to move again

To clarify, I'm commenting about the distance where the car decides to STOP when traffic stops in front of it, not while moving. Reviewing my original post, I noticed that it wasn't clear.

hokiegir1 | October 11, 2019

Restart speed has improved significantly with the V10 update. I do agree that it leaves too much room when stopped, but other than overriding by tapping the accelerator a bit to inch closer, I haven't found a solution. And I use setting 1 or 2....so not much I can do there to improve it.

RedPillSucks | October 11, 2019

+1 hokiegir1

Effopec | October 11, 2019

Yeah, I wish it pulled up a couple meters further. The acceleration from a stop is improved greatly, but the lag is still a bit long. Baby steps. It's one of the things that makes updates so exciting - you never know where the improvements are going to come.

Thanks all! I appreciate your comments!