Forums

Supercharger - unable to add payment method

Supercharger - unable to add payment method

Ever since we got our Model 3, I have been unable to add a payment method to use when supercharging. Every time I try to add a card, the webpage shows an error: “unable to save payment method” without showing any way to fix my information. I am afraid that soon enough I won’t be able to use Superchargers because I will have so much owing on my account.

Anyone with the same issue or a fix?

Hp.1193 | October 12, 2019

“Ever since.. every time”

Just contact Tesla ? Have you done that before posting on here ?

robertmarkbram | October 12, 2019

Two weeks ago I rang support and was told it was a temporary issue.

I have tried many times to see if was fixed between then and now, without success. Thus I am asking if anyone else has experienced a similar issue.

gmr6415 | October 13, 2019

@robertmarkbram, Have you tried using a different web browser? Have you tried making sure that your browser allows cookies for the Tesla web site? Have you tried making sure you don't have a pop-up blocker or an ad blocker set in your browser for the Tesla web site?

Try deleting your web browser history and clearing the cache.

robertmarkbram | October 13, 2019

Multiple browsers, multiple machines, phone and desktop, everything except reformatting. No good.

walnotr | October 13, 2019

Time to call Tesla.

robertmarkbram | October 14, 2019

Spoke to Tesla Support this morning. It is a known issue affecting many people apparently. Still no fix yet. We can still use the Superchargers and fees for that will continue to accrue on our account.

johnmann | October 14, 2019

I experienced this as well, but after many tries over a period of several weeks it finally accepted my new card. It took several weeks after that before they finally charged me for my unpaid Supercharger sessions.

johnmann | October 14, 2019

I experienced this as well, but after many tries over a period of several weeks it finally accepted my new card. It took several weeks after that before they finally charged me for my unpaid Supercharger sessions.

rehutton777 | October 14, 2019

Just continue to use the superchargers. I'm sure that they will eventually find you and add the accrual to your account, and then beg you to add a credit card to the account details. Just consider it an interest-free loan for "fueling-up" your car.

robertmarkbram | October 20, 2019

Resolved - I was able to add a payment method today after Tesla contacted me to say they resolved the issue.

billlake2000 | October 21, 2019

I just pay cash when super charging. Much more clean that way