Forums

You’re Invited: Tesla "Cyberpunk" Unveil

You’re Invited: Tesla "Cyberpunk" Unveil

Did anyone received an invite yet?

If so, are you going?

Ricardo Abreu | November 9, 2019

I will be in LA that weekend. I would love to attend. Not invited yet.

ReD eXiLe ms us | November 10, 2019

hope it looks like the ARK II, LANDMASTER from DAMNATION ALLEY, MAKO from MASS EFFECT, M577 Armored Personnel Carrier from ALIENS, or similar vehicles from various sci-fi media I have watched in the past 45 years or so.

========

Top 5 Rover Design Influences for the Film Persephone (updated)
By Jeffrey Morris

https://futuredude.com/top-5-rover-design-influences-for-the-film-persep...

Le bíemp...

ALDONY | November 10, 2019

It's going to be a somewhat special. I went to a blade runner party in NYC this week and it was fun.

I wouldn't be surprised is Elon invited someone special for this event.

Blade runner time was set in Los Angeles November 2019

Mr.Tesla | November 10, 2019

I once saw a cyberpunk unveiled at Neo's wedding.

Varricks | November 14, 2019

I kind of hope it has some Unimog cues.

gparrot | November 14, 2019

I’m curious to know whether it’ll be a regular cab or a mega cab. Big difference that would make a decision easier whether I line up in the ‘order here’ line or not.

Madatgascar | November 14, 2019

Based on Elon’s hype I am expecting something like the RT01 rover from Prometheus.

vmulla | November 14, 2019

Elon Musk says Tesla Model 3’s interior will ‘feel like a spaceship’

Remember that?

I'm just waiting to be as mindblown as I was with the 3's interior - something that catches me completely offguard, simple and full of common-sense.

SamO | November 14, 2019

Model 3 is identical to a spaceship.

https://www.spacex.com/dragon

TabascoGuy | November 14, 2019

@vmulla, I was getting ready to post a link to a puke emoji but after I clicked your link, I had to take a second look at that pickup. I actually like it. A lot. I really hope they didn't steal that design though.

Now comparing the two semis, I don't think theirs is a ripoff of Tesla's. I mean, they don't even look similar.

vmulla | November 14, 2019

@SamO,
The idea of a spaceship's interior was turned on its head since the time Elon made that original quote. At least for me it changed.
My point being I'm just leaving my mind open to all possibilities. Let us see what brilliant (yet polarizing) idea Tesla brings out this time.
Coming back to the Model 3, I was unable to digest a missing binnacle screen, until I actually test drove You You Xue's car. It took me less than a minute to understand the brilliance once I drove the car. So I do not expect to understand the Pickup Truck's design immediately, but I have to keep an open mind to appreciate it when I actually see it.

aaron85 | November 14, 2019

i am guessing invite is completely random ?

Bighorn | November 14, 2019

Not random at all.

ALDONY | November 14, 2019

Invites are out..

Very intrigued

SamO | November 14, 2019

5 referrals got you an invite to one event.

Youtubers got invited.

Old time roadster owners got invited.

RayNLA | November 14, 2019

I wonder if Rich from Rich Rebuilds got an invite.

SamO | November 14, 2019

Prolly not.

ST70 | November 14, 2019

@elon pick me! Haha! I was at the Model 3 event...great event...and I ordered 2!

Bighorn | November 15, 2019

Maybe if you prepaid two Roadster 2.0s...

TabascoGuy | November 15, 2019

I will pay cash up front before the reveal, every option, sight unseen.

Crickets...

andy.connor.e | November 15, 2019

i will play crash up front

PhillyGal | November 15, 2019

@SamO - you mean "Currently relevant" YouTubers got invited...

SamO | November 15, 2019

Agreed.

vmulla | November 15, 2019

@PhillyGal,
If I'm reading you correctly, that's just not right :(

andy.connor.e | November 15, 2019

Basically youtubers that have alot of followers. So they can live stream the event to more people is my assumption there.

SamO | November 15, 2019

They also have lots of referrals from viewers.

RayNLA | November 15, 2019

People like like Bjorn.

gballant4570 | November 15, 2019

Well, if I am invited I'm not going. 3000 miles is just too far way. But I am waiting for it with a lot of anticipation - the Tesla pickup will be my next vehicle.

PhillyGal | November 15, 2019

@vmulla - I was just teasing myself as someone quite out of the loop. The best YouTubers out there get a ton of referrals and thus invites as prizes. The 3 seemed to happen via lottery though I imagine if the same was done for this event the odds would be way worse because the owner pool is that much bigger.

vmulla | November 15, 2019

@PhillyGal,
Ok. I'll just say this - I'll look for your opinion post release.

Ross1 | November 15, 2019

So, no one active on this forum has an invite.
What does that say?

-TheJohn- | November 16, 2019

It plainly says that either no one who's bothered to respond to this post has fulfilled the requisite necessities for being invited or...
FISHEV killed Epstein.

Ross1 | November 16, 2019

Or they have exorcised all of us

Ross1 | November 16, 2019

shunned us

Varricks | November 16, 2019

Anyone else been asked to not attend?

I think they heard about me being led out of a truck pull because I was being too raucous. People couldn't hear the trucks.

ReD eXiLe ms us | November 16, 2019

If I had an active YouTube Channel, I would occupy it as a disembodied voice. I have the perfect face for radio. Plus, I no longer live within 12-to-15 miles of the Hawthorne CA SpaceX/Tesla facility, but about 1,900 miles further East. I truly enjoyed the one Tesla event I was graciously invited to as a 'Plus One' (by a Forum member here) five years ago and would not presume to be invited to (or allowed inside) any event at a venue smaller than Dodger Stadium or the Los Angeles Coliseum at this point.

Hal Fisher | November 16, 2019

Oh, there’s an invite form? But it’s Nov 17, right? I can’t make it. Besides, big waste of time. Nothing but ultra fanboys gushing at the ugliest thing you’ll see all year. Now if it looked like that haloish truck rendering, id push to the front :). But im expecting it to look like a scale model of a futuristic garbage truck hahahahaha!!!

Magic 8 Ball | November 16, 2019

It is a TRUCK, who gives a crap on how it looks.

Is it electric = YES
Can it tow = YES
Will it have access to Tesla's chargers = YES
Will it take advantage of Tesla's neuro net tech = YES

Is your wife ugly = beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Hal Fisher: Indeed, the only vehicles that readily come to my mind's eye from 'BLADE RUNNER' (1982) are the garbage truck and police car. I am glad the Los Angeles Southern skyline is not as filled with giant oil refineries in 2019 as that movie seemed to project/predict would be the case by now. And so far this year, the Porsche Taycan takes the prize for 'U-G-L-Y! You ain't got no alibi! You're just ugly, ugly, uglay-aaAaay!' for anyone but longtime Porsche fans among electric vehicles.

SamO | November 16, 2019

I’m going

SamO | November 16, 2019

I’m going

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

gballant4570 | November 16, 2019

Magic 8 Ball, I would argue that for a Tesla, looks are important. Or should I say elegance is important. Teslas are known for their range and performance, while at the same time being very efficient. All that flows from the ability to achieve elegance. Elegance being the intersection of excellent utility, performance, ease of use, and overall excellence of design. The result is not necessarily considered beautiful, or does not necessarily fit a person's preconceived notion of "truck aesthetics", but is recognized by the observer who understands elegance.

I will be disappointed if the look of the truck does not indicate elegance. However, as I have found with Tesla products, you cannot always rely on the initial impression alone.

I don't mean to sound like I am singling out your comment, but it did trigger the above thoughts. My experiences with Tesla to this point have produced a higher expectation, as I am sure is the case with most of us.

@gballant Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like ugly. I like the space pod headlamps on the early Leafs. I like the AMC Pacer and Gremlin because everyone else thinks they are Ugly. I root for the underdogs.

Rudy Rudy Rudy

gballant4570 | November 16, 2019

Magic 8 Ball I hope your Model 3 does not develop a complex.... although I have read opinions from people who think they are ugly. However, those are a very small minority.

I saw a Pacer the other day. It obviously had not moved in more than a decade. I doubt there are many left still capable of motivation. That may be a good thing.....but I long ago fantasized about driving a pacer around while wearing a deep sea diving suit. I came to my senses shortly there after.

kevin_rf | November 16, 2019

My YouTube channel doesn't qualify. Something about needing followers....

Like puppies in the rain, time to wag.
https://youtu.be/KSSvnnFUk_8

gballant4570: As I've said several times before, I pretty much despise advertising. After decades of print, radio, and television advertisements I have noticed certain terms being repeated numerous times. One of them, relative to automobile ads has been 'elegance'. It is often accompanied by other terms, like 'history', 'experience', 'heritage', 'craftsmanship', 'luxury', and others. All of them terms that seem completely amorphous, thoroughly undefined, and purposely vague. Meaningless. At least, nothing that is specified by the advertisement itself.

Sort of like often used phrases from political speeches. The use of a marketing technique that brings inoffensive words together in order to form a mental image of a general idea, without actually being specific. Ideas that may well mean different things to different people, but fool them into joining together for a common cause, when they might not actually agree at all when you get to the specifics.

So, what does'elegance' mean to you? What automotive products have displayed that 'elegance'? What brand of products of any type has there been that you feel has always met your expected level of required 'elegance' in times past?

--------

As an aside... What follows is a pretty week analogy to the 'Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder' concept. It's probably not actually 'On Topic' enough for some of you...

There are Women I have seen that are undoubtedly quite pretty, but not at all sexy. Likewise, I have beheld Womwen who were inherently sexy, but held no beauty that I could detect. It is rather exceptional when I find a Woman both Beautiful and Sexy. Those are typically the few Ladies I will personally issue a compliment to.

The comedian Chris Rock once advised, "Women survive on food, water, and compliments." I have resolved to starve them of attention and compliments. When they ask about this behavior, I tell them the truth. "Do you REALLY want me to pay attention to you? Do you really want me to know exactly how many pairs of shoes you own, and how much they cost? Or how many dresses you bought, then never wore even once? No. Of course not. That would be creepy. The LAST THING a Woman wants in her life is a man who pays attention to her."

I like my cars like I like my Women. Beautiful, quiet, fast, and smoke free. Some say I am shallow. Perhaps. My favorite horror movie of the two past decades is 'Shallow Hal' (2001). What's that? It was a Romantic Comedy? It illustrates a nightmare for me. One that many of my relatives want me to live for some reason, as they continually attempt to set me up with girls I have no interest in.

Franz Von Holzhausen is a superb car designer. I despised the designs of almost every Porsche, BMW, or Saab I have ever seen. I was very surprised that vehicles like the Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon, Land Rover Defender, Toyota Land Cruiser, and Ford Bronco were so renowned, sought after, and EXPENSIVE. The HUMMER was absolutely ridiculous. But both the RIVIAN R1T & R1S seem quite nice. I enjoy the no nonsense industrial design of the BOLLINGER B1. I expect the Tesla CyberTruck will be unique and beautiful. I'll try to make sure both my Brothers get a good look at it.

RayNLA | November 17, 2019

Free hugs for Red...

RayNLA | November 17, 2019

Free hugs for Red...

Pages