Forums

Cold-Weather Battery 'State-of-Charge' symbol with SNOWFLAKE?

Cold-Weather Battery 'State-of-Charge' symbol with SNOWFLAKE?

Battery charge-state indicator has a 'Snowflake in the center of it, and the right end of the 'usually green' charge level has turned blue. Can find nothing about this in Owner's Manual. If anyone knows about this, please tell me "HOW/Where" you got that information/ Thank you.

hokiegir1 | November 12, 2019

Search the pdf manual for "snowflake" and it should take you to page 58.

Lorenzryanc | November 12, 2019

+1 @hokie Manual answers most.

"Appears when some of the stored
energy in the Battery may not be
available due to cold weather
conditions. If Model 3 is plugged in,
you can heat your Battery by turning
on climate control with the mobile
app. The snowflake icon disappears
when the Battery is sufficiently warm"

cwilsonc88 | November 12, 2019

Thank you! That opens up a whole new section of the manual for me: 'Status', 'Indicators'. I incorrectly presumed that such information would be included in the content provided when the Indexed categories were accessed. Now to seek info related to the grossly incomplete section on "Climate Control". I also decreased my ignorance-factor by learning about 'PDF searching'. Thanks.

cwilsonc88 | November 12, 2019

Hi, "hokiegir1"; Is there a 'TESLA Owner's' Dating App?

WhiteWi | November 12, 2019

@cwilsonc88
She is married pal

LOL, @cwilson - Sorry -- @WhiteWi is correct. Married 13 years. Some days it feels like 50....but I figure I'll keep him around awhile longer. :) That said, there's an app for everything these days, so probably. :)

walnotr | November 12, 2019

@hokigir1 - 50 can be a good thing. Hit that milestone this year and still as happy as the day we started dating. :-)

@walnotr - CONGRATS!!! We frequently reflect on how far we've come since we met, and while it's not always rainbows and kittens, we generally say "We make an effective team." Now, the frequent "jinx" moments freak people out, but we usually find them funny.