Forums

36.2.1 - lost all sound from speakers

36.2.1 - lost all sound from speakers

After installing v10 36.2.1 I have lost all sound. No dings for seatbelt or proximity, no stereo, etc.

Anyone else experience this? Iffen it matters, it’s a 2019 3P.

hokiegir1 | November 12, 2019

Have you tried a scrollwheel reboot?

SteveWin1 | November 12, 2019

This is going to sound crazy, but that's happened to me a few times and the easiest way to fix it is to open and then close the charging port door -- I know, it makes no sense. Might be a new/different issue, but give that a try. Also, try a reboot as hokiegir1 suggested.

MAB1980 | November 12, 2019

I did, twice.

Then I exited the car for lunch. When I got back in it worked. Go figure.

hokiegir1 | November 12, 2019

@MAB - allowing the car to sleep also tends to fix things, so that's why it likely resolved after lunch. If you can, the 2 minute "power off" from the screen is a good way to force that as well. I normally try to do that after every install before driving, but sometimes I can't.

SteveWin1 | November 12, 2019

@MAB, also file the charge port door thing away in your mind. That's something quick you can do at a stoplight and its fixed this problem for me every single time. Restarting the car has never fixed it for me (but does fix most other problems). Leaving also usually fixes it, but that's not always an option when you're trying to get somewhere.

CharleyBC | November 12, 2019

@SteveWin1: How on earth did you ever figure that out? I mean, what gave you the idea to even try that?

MAB1980 | November 12, 2019

hokiegir1 and SteveWin -

Thanks for the tips!