Forums

Cybertruck marketing idea

Cybertruck marketing idea

While manufacturing the Starship prototypes, there has to be off cuts and scrap pieces of the 3mm stainless skin that the Cybertruck will use. My thought is to have 2-1/2” to 3” circles punched out of that scrap and the have these laser-engraved with Tesla, the Cybertruck logo and a line drawing of the truck on one side and maybe SpaceX and the Starship on the other side. Each reservation holder gets one. Nobody would throw this away! Every Cybertruck conversation would have you pulling this out of your pocket to show how heavy duty and solid the body will be. Every Cybertruck reservation holder could be a Tesla advocate that would result in even more pre-orders. Easy Marketing, and you would have a tangible piece to have until your truck arrives. Much better return on investment than the scrap price of these otherwise waste pieces. Down the line, I can see Tesla selling a slightly different version in sets of 4 as coasters-great to set your Teslaquila on! SamO- you in a position to promote this at Tesla?

andy.connor.e | December 5, 2019

Using the same material for multiple disciplines allows them to order parts in larger bulk quantities.

Mark K | December 5, 2019

I like it! Palpable excitement. Ad astra.

nightforge | December 6, 2019

Yep love it. Was thinking same thing but an actual Cybertruck keycard made from the Mk1 scrap. YES please do this Elon!

andy.connor.e | December 6, 2019

Stainless steel entry card would be pretty cool. But im one to want the FOB.

hcwhy | December 6, 2019

Cool idea. How about drilling a small hole in it so it can be attached to a key ring....with a picture of the cybertruck etched on one side, and any message (like"please return to") the owner wanted etched on the other.

andy.connor.e | December 6, 2019

How about the key card be shaped like the cybertruck.

Ross1 | December 6, 2019

Inscribe with : "Dent here"

Ross1 | December 6, 2019

lol, what shape?

BadgerErickson | December 12, 2019

Key card shaped like a Baby Yoda?

tymalmills3217 | December 18, 2019

I’ve seen no mention of the Tesla Cybertruck on this sub yet. Has anyone thought of buying one? Obviously the truck would need to be practical for your industry, but my theory is simple: they will get people’s attention. You might be the only company in town with the “weird (or cool) looking trucks.”

https://cartbig.com/best-helmet-for-scooter-riding/

andy.connor.e | December 18, 2019

If only people proof-read spam