Forums

Autopilot enabled??

Autopilot enabled??

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I didnt see clear / concise feedback. I bought a used Tesla 2018 S75D. The dealership said that Autopilot was enabled (I know in 2016+ S models its hardware configured).

However, Basic Autopilot (lane avoidance, lane correction) doesn't seem to be working. I realize AutoSteering is not enabled, but basic Autopilot should be there. In the Vechile section of the settings it allows me to turn-on/off Lane avoidance stuff, but when I test it, there's no Lane correction, etc.

Is there something I need to configure beyond this

EVRider | December 20, 2019

You're confusing Autopilot with safety features. Safety features, including lane correction/avoidance, are standard in all Teslas including yours. Autopilot is driver assist features like TACC, Autosteer, etc.

If your 2018 has AP, it should be EAP, not the new basic AP that was introduced earlier this year. That means you'll have access to all of the features that are currently included in the FSD option for newer cars, including Auto Lane Change, Summon, Autopark, and Navigate on Autopilot.

Check your Autopilot settings to make sure everything is enabled. If you don't see settings for Autopilot, you were probably misinformed and don't actually have it. Did you buy the car from Tesla from a different automaker?