Forums

Where do I start - selling my 3

Where do I start - selling my 3

I’m planning to sell my LR model 3 and looking for recommendations on where I might have success with advertising it’s availability. All suggestions would be helpful

rob | February 24, 2020

Start here, what you got?

sheldon.mike1010 | February 24, 2020

If someone here doesn't help you out, AutoNation and Carmax might be worth checking as last resorts.

Bighorn | February 24, 2020

TMC

Orthopod | February 24, 2020

Buying a Model Y?

stingray.don | February 24, 2020

From a tax perspective, it is better to trade it in versus selling outright. Another option, Carvana seems to sell quite a Teslas.

vmulla | February 24, 2020

Where are you located? I have 2 friends looking to buy LR or MR RWD cars

Vsanva | February 24, 2020

Find a place and list it. I thought about selling and after 1 hr on Craigslist I had 1 legit offer to buy and numerous emails. I pulled the ad and decided I would keep... demand is out there for sure.

FISHEV | February 24, 2020

Sold my Subaru via Craig's list and plan to do that with my Model 3 LR AWD 310 end of this year when Mach-E delivers. Can be a bit stressful meeting strangers, letting them drive car and then dealing with $40k. Many police departments have areas set up in their parking lot for online transactions. I ended up doing the transaction in the buyers credit union which was nice as the credit union lady did all the paperwork.

Check out the value on KBB.com and you can show that to prospective buyers.

GHammer | February 24, 2020

"Sold my Subaru via Craig's list and plan to do that awith my Model 3 LR AWD 310 end of this year when Mach-E delivers."

We cant wait.

lbowroom | February 24, 2020

How much Oregon rebate will you have to give back?

beaver | February 24, 2020

onlyusedtesla

OrhanBlue | February 24, 2020
spuzzz123 | February 25, 2020

@ghammer don’t get your hopes up. He said he was going to sell at the end of 2019, but he pushed it out another year. He’ll likely be here after he sells his imaginary “model 3 310 (lol)” and stick around to tout his imaginary “Mach E 215”

kevin_rf | February 25, 2020

Now that Hotwheels had a red Model 3, I'm thinking of selling my white Hotwheels Model 3. Still in the original wrapper. eBay the best place?

lbowroom | February 25, 2020

I read he has charging at home now so that’ll probably work for him.

coleAK | February 25, 2020

Back on track. @op, no different than selling any other car. The suggestion to try carmax (or similar) first to see what they offer is a good idea. Or if you are getting another car then see what trade in has to offer. If you don’t like their bid go to autotrader, cars.com, ... and place a listing. personally I don’t put anything on Craig’s list up my way it’s the equivalent of seedy back alley dealings.

Joshan | February 25, 2020

coleAK | February 25, 2020
personally I don’t put anything on Craig’s list it’s the equivalent of seedy back alley dealings.

Fixed that for ya.

peldor427 | February 25, 2020

I had good luck selling my former Prius on Craigslist. I also listed on NextDoor, if you use that app. I received much interest sithin day from both, but NextDoor is a smaller audience. It was a better deal than trade in would have been in exchange for my Model 3, at least at the time.

GHammer | February 25, 2020

After listing my second car on Craigslist I will never do it again. To much work sifting through the shady characters, and as Joshen noted, it's everywhere, I live in a city that has been rated top ten safe city in america.