Forums

Model Y windows: tinted?

Model Y windows: tinted?

I have seen multiple pictures of Model Y with rear windows tinted. Does Tesla offer tinted windows as default for all Model Y? Do we know which brand/product they have used?

frankvb | March 20, 2020

Factory tinted windows do not use (after market) window tinting. It's the glass itself which is tinted.

WW_spb | March 20, 2020

Factory tinted free of charge back and rear only

sixstring09 | March 20, 2020

Is it easy for a tint place to match the same tint level and color for the drivers and pass windows??

Whdame | March 20, 2020

sixstring09- Yes, they just use a tint meter to measure the amount of light coming in and get the percentage, then they use the corresponding tint to match. A local place has done that on two of my vehicles so far.

CincyM3 | March 20, 2020

That’s still a good value. I had to spend $1K for my M3’s windows except windshield.

jordanrichard | March 20, 2020

It’s the standard look for a “SUV”. I think it looks terrible because the car looks unfinished.

Before you say, “....you can get the front door glass tinted”, not all states allow tinting the front door windows or if they do, not to the same level as the factory tint.

RayNLA | March 21, 2020

@CincyM3
You will still need to have the windows tinted for maximum heat rejection. Even if you just did a clear tint like Llumar air 80.