Forums

GM Delivering Vents despite Trump attacks.

GM Delivering Vents despite Trump attacks.

"With ventilators in short supply, a small business teams up with GM to fill the gap"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/national/with-ventilators-in-short-...

GM tried to get this going even earlier but was stopped by Trump's political hack appointee at FEMA.

"Inside G.M.’s Race to Build Ventilators, Before Trump’s Attack "The automaker and its partner, Ventec, had spent more than a week figuring out how to make thousands of the lifesaving devices when the White House said G.M. was “wasting time.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/business/gm-ventilators-coronavirus-t...

One has to look at Trump's opposition to every effort by NSC, US scientists and US industry and US states to fight the virus as more than just incompetence and more as enemy action. The Putin president delivering the takedown of US economy.

Solid evidence of Russian cyberattacks during the US election to help elect Mr. Trump the least qualified person in the GOP field.

Magic 8 Ball | April 5, 2020

FISHEV is an EVIL LYING FILTHY TROLL

GM is not delivering vents.

Orthopod | April 5, 2020

Trumps seems to be doing everything possible to puss off corporate American and the rest of the world

FISHEV | April 5, 2020

Yeah can't figure out the attack on GM and 3M, two corporations doing a lot to help US fight the Trump Pandemic. Trump doesn't like people stealing the spotlight, even the spotlight exposes his incompetence so I guess he reacted to GM and 3M getting attention for helping.

Good to see industry leaders standing up to Trump/GOP.

"3M’s CEO Scoffs at ‘Absurd’ Mask Claims Amid Trump Pressure"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/trumps-battle-with-3m-on-masks...

Orthopod | April 5, 2020

Sad to see USA credibility destroyed worldwide this way

WW_spb | April 5, 2020

Flagged

Magic 8 Ball | April 5, 2020

Tesla actually designed a vent from scratch and they will ship before Ford or GM even starts their first clusterfuck meetings on where to begin.

Uncle Paul | April 6, 2020

Why the conspiracy for some to come on a Tesla forum to make every post an anti-Trump tirade.

Country is under tremendous stress. Why make it even worse.

Shame.

Magic 8 Ball | April 6, 2020

@Uncle Paul This is the "general" forum all discussions are fair game. Many people are angry with Trump as am I. People want an outlet to vent their Trump anger, are you trying to suppress that?

David N | April 6, 2020

Uncle Paul
I agree. Enough is enough.

Are Trump supporters snowflake sensitivities being bruised? Why the objection to Trump bashing here in the general forum?

David N | April 6, 2020

Fishev, not sure what video you watched but I just watched the link you provided. GM is not making or delivering any ventilators. They are helping the ventilator manufacturer in various aspects(acquiring suppliers).
But contrary to your post, they have not made any ventilators, nor have they shipped any .
Might want to consider refraining from spreading false information.

M-A-B-MCMLXXX | April 6, 2020

"Why the objection to Trump bashing here in the general forum?"

I don't think there is an objection to it in general. Uncle Paul specifically said "every post," in an obviously frustrated exaggeration. One doesn't need Trump and COVID-19 showing up in car discussions, nor do there need to be multiple topics crowding out other general discussions. If this site had moderators, merging them would be appropriate.

derotam | April 6, 2020

@David N: that is FISHEV's M.O.

skymaster | April 6, 2020

It’s funny how the liberals here keep posting links to all of the extremely biased organizations (New York Times, Washington Post, CNN etc.) bashing Trump.

Do you want me to post links from FOX, bashing the lying fake liberal ass media?

Both sides “spin” the information. I just happen to like the conservative side.

There are plenty of non Trump bashing posts so frustration does not mean you have to exaggerate, does it?

M-A-B-MCMLXXX | April 6, 2020

"does not mean you have to exaggerate"

I'm not sure what you're getting at, but no, nothing ever means you have to exaggerate. It's always a choice.

The claim was "every post", that, for me, discredits the person making that claim.

I want to make something very clear, just because many here bash Trump does not mean "Tesla" is anti-Trump.

Larry Ellison is a Trump man.

FISHEV | April 6, 2020

Magic 8 Ball | April 6, 2020 I want to make something very clear, just because many here bash Trump does not mean "Tesla" is anti-Trump."

To this point of Covid-19 and US response, Musk, like Trump was (is?) a Covid-19 denier so points deducted there, a LOT of points.

"Elon Musk’s Defiance in the Time of Coronavirus The Tesla CEO held out for days on suspending U.S. car production; ‘The coronavirus panic is dumb.’"

https://www.wsj.com/articles/elon-musks-defiance-in-the-time-of-coronavi...

finman100 | April 6, 2020

make it worse?? Fuck, this shitstorm should have ended long ago. Wake up people and vote out these treasonous idiots come November. THAT is what is sad. The state of ignorance is unacceptable.

You believe all 15,000 (and STILL counting) lies? wow. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html

where do u see a "leader"? seriously.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-lies-washington-post_n_5df89...

Trump = dumb as a rock
Pence = stupid as wood

Impeachment just means a dice roll with unknown outcome.

TeslaTap.com | April 6, 2020

@skymaster - Have you considered that every media outlet except Fox News has shown Trump's endless lies. Those lies from direct videos and Trump's tweets number well over 10,000 now. The media can be biased at times, but if your sole source of news is Fox News and tweets, you'll going to get a very biased view.

Do you still believe Fox News and Trump's statements weeks ago that COVID is a hoax? Are all these deaths just the imagination of the liberal media? Trump got us into the worst depression ever and will have more deaths on his hands than any other president. How are your investments/pension/401K doing? My guess is it's far worse than when Trump took office. It all could have been mostly avoided had he acted when all his medical advisors were telling him to act, rather than saying it will all magically go away.

FISHEV | April 6, 2020

@Magic 8 Ball | April 6, 2020 Impeachment just means a dice roll with unknown outcome."

No one could have done worse than Trump.

WW_spb | April 6, 2020

I know who is worse. Lying POS FishEV and his buddy Maxxer

WW_spb | April 6, 2020

And Trump shouldn't be addressing nation with his retarded speeches. I would rather listen to Health Care professionals.

jimglas | April 6, 2020

they are his new camppaign rallies

Bond 007 | April 6, 2020

I heard news about Tesla and Medtronic collaborating for ventilator and that their most popular version will be made by Tesla. Is Tesla manufacturing the new ventilator (displayed last weekend) under license from Medtronic?
So will this new ventilator be labeled as Medtronic or Tesla?
If it is purely Tesla with no Medtronic involvement, will it breach IP rights of Medtronic

I believe Medtronic has opened up all of their IP on this.

This is not an if/or thing. Multiple approaches are being worked on. It has been my contention very early on Tesla would be better off putting a design from scratch together vs trying to duplicate another line from another manufacture. Hard tooling and fixturing takes months to duplicate. Tesla, by using high volume car parts as major design components bypasses tooling cycles, they are doing the right thing.

skymaster | April 6, 2020

@TeslaTap. The media took Trump’s statement of a “hoax” out of context. ALL media outlets do this. Do you think that Trump would have started restricting travel from China back on January 31 if he thought that Covid was a hoax??
FOX also spins information. Currently, they are making out Biden to be a complete Buffon. I really don’t think that Biden is as bad as Fox makes him out to be.

Every news outlet puts their “spin” on ALL information.
Please come to grip with the idea that the liberal media outlets might not be telling you the entire truth!!

TRUMP has NEVER THOUGHT that the Covid is a hoax.....

jimglas | April 6, 2020

more fox nonsense
the video is easily accessable on youtube

Trump did not call the virus a hoax but he did say the virus was the Democrats "new hoax". That was one of has many many attempts to downplay the severity of what we are not living and dying with.

*now living and dying with.

FISHEV | April 6, 2020

"Currently, they are making out Biden to be a complete Buffon. I really don’t think that Biden is as bad as Fox makes him out to be."

But EVERYBODY knows that Fox "It's the flu" News is as bad we know it be. Fox News lead Trump down the rabbit hole by denying the reports dating to late last year of the impending Covid-19 virus. Trump thinking it was bad for his re-election went Fox News denials and will likely pay the price and get booted out of office by Biden in November.

Trump lost to Clinton by 3,000,000 votes and will likely lost to Biden by 30,000,000 votes for the biggest national security failure by a president since Bush II let Cheney fire US ant-terrorist people before 911 and then go after Iraq for non-existent biological weapons after a bunch of Saudis bombed US.

We had the spectacle today of a discredited right economist and Fox News commentator Peter Navarro interrupting MD's as Covid-19 meeting with a crackpot Fox News "miracle drug"...which idiot Trump repeats to public.

A punditocracy indeed.

Uncle Paul | April 6, 2020

Clowns.

Ross1 | April 7, 2020

USA has never been so disrespected

Ross1 | April 7, 2020

Globally

FISHEV | April 7, 2020

Magic 8 Ball | April 7, 2020 The machines Musk got will help save hundreds if not thousands of lives, they are being converted to help with severe CV-19 patients."

Nope. Musk purchased some CPAP sleep apnea (snoring) machines and no they won't be converted to anything.

#Magic 8 Ball https://www.teslarati.com/elon-musk-ventilator-donations-mod-severe-covi...

Interesting the Musk partnered with Medtronic which shut down US build up of...emergency vents for just this situation.

"Covidien — a publicly traded company with sales of $12 billion that year — already sold traditional ventilators, but that was only a small part of its multifaceted businesses. In 2012 alone, Covidien bought five other medical device companies, in addition to Newport.

"Government officials and executives at rival ventilator companies said they suspected that Covidien had acquired Newport to prevent it from building a cheaper product that would undermine Covidien’s profits from its existing ventilator business."

"Covidien was sold for $50 billion to another huge medical device company, Medtronic."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/business/coronavirus-us-ventilator-sh...

Magic 8 Ball | April 7, 2020

FISHEV is an EVIL LYING DISGUSTING TROLL

The machines Musk got are being converted so YUP.

https://www.teslarati.com/elon-musk-ventilator-donations-mod-severe-covi...

"...Dr. David L. Reich, MD of Mount Sinai Hospital, explained the ventilators Musk donated are not only beneficial to patients, but that the machines can be converted to assist those who are showing more severe symptoms"

"David L. Reich, MD
@DrDavidReich
· Apr 2, 2020

Very grateful to Tesla for providing Resmed ventilators that our team was able to convert to critical care-capable. Innovation by The Mount Sinai Hospital's team in a crisis!"

FISHEV | April 7, 2020

Yes Dr. Reich does explain how the CPAP snoring machines Musk mistakenly thought were ventilators do have a use when attached to O2.

He was very nice and diplomatic. Musk's heart was in the right place, good intentions and if someone can be helped, obese people with COVID-19 at night when they lose their airways obstructions due to fat (See, Johnson, Boris UK Prime Minister) it's a help.

A CPAP rigged to O2 can keep a hospital COVID-19 patient from needing a real ventilator.

"Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP), auto-CPAP, and bilevel positive airway pressure (BiPAP or BPAP) machines typically used for treatment of sleep apnea (either in the home or facility setting) may be used to support patients with respiratory insufficiency provided appropriate monitoring (as available) and patient condition,” the FDA wrote."

But they were promoted as Ventilators by Musk, they are not.

FISHEV | April 7, 2020

"David L. Reich, MD
@DrDavidReich
· Apr 2, 2020

Very grateful to Tesla for providing Resmed ventilators that our team was able to convert to critical care-capable. Innovation by The Mount Sinai Hospital's team in a crisis!"

FISHEV is an EVIL FILTHY LYING TROLL

Here is the truth:

"Mt. Sinai COO Says Donated B-PAP Machines From Tesla Are Being Converted Into Ventilators"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billroberson/2020/04/06/mt-sinai-coo-says-d...

"...the President and COO of Mt. Sinia, Dr. David Reich, says a team at the hospital has devised a refit of the devices so that they can be used on patients that require intubation, or the insertion of tubes directly into the lungs of a victim."

FISHEV | April 7, 2020

Good they can make use of Musk CPAP machines. And look on the bright side, Musk got his 15 minutes of fame mistakenly claiming he had ventilators and most folks won't see the Page 2 that they were late night TV snoring aids.

Now back to the topic of which auto maker had the best industrial response to the Trump Pandemic, the winner is GM.

LoL the big baby finally admits that the machines Musk donated are being converted to ventilators after posting many LIES that they can't. You are welcome forum members for my persistence of showing truth over his LIES.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaah!

FISHEV | April 7, 2020

And no need for the elaborate conversions that no one has time for as Blue States OR and WA who responded fast to Covid-19 despite Trump's failure have shipped 700 REAL VENTILATORS to NY because we won't need them.

Good government in the age of Trump means ignoring the Fox News White House.

Here's the real deal.

NY gets 1,100 ventilators with help from China, Oregon Gov. Andrew Cuomo says New York has secured a planeload of ventilators from China, and Oregon is sending a shipment of its own to battle the coronavirus pandemic at its U.S. core"

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/china-oregon-sending-1100-ventilator...

WA Democratic Gov Inslee shipped 500 to NY as WA was able to recover from Trump blunders.

"Wash. state sending 400 ventilators to New York as virus deaths soar there"
https://kcby.com/news/nation-world/gov-inslee-sending-400-ventilators-to...

Awe the big baby needs to deflect from the good Musk has done by providing machines being used to save lives.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

FISHEV | April 7, 2020

I'd say the deflection is Musk's, claiming to have gotten ventilators he got CPAP snoring machines by mistake.

China, OR and WA shipped 2,000 real ventilators to NY so no one has to spend valuable time and resources fixing Musk's mistakes to make the CPAP's useful as vents.

It's deja vu with "Full Self Driving", Musk's CPAP machines are the "Full Self Driving" vents of the Trump Pandemic.

Pages