Forums

Email Confirmation For Reservation

Email Confirmation For Reservation

How long does it take to receive the email confirmation? It's been 2 hours so far since I signed up and no email yet. $1000 reservation fee has been transacted on my credit card.

paulaujla | April 1, 2016

Sorry, I do not use Facebook. I am not really a fan of social media. Emails and texts to my friends/family seem to take enough of my time as it is.

eric.whang | April 1, 2016

I received my confirmation email at today :)

khandujarohan | April 1, 2016

i am hating this feeling - all my friends are at least charged on CC so they know they have a reservation - however since last night nothing showing up on my CC as pending charge - tesla people tell wait 24-48 hours - c'mon why does it always have to happen with me :(

Paul - connect me on khandujarohan (at) gmail (dot) com

jennchen67 | April 1, 2016

I see a few others having the same problem. I submitted my reservation around 10:30PM PST last night. At first, when I click on the reserve button after filling out everything, you would see the loading indicator spin and then after a bit of time it just stays on the same page as if you didn't submit anything. Then, I would try again and it would give me a "error in processing payment" message, and it just kept doing one or the other on several tries with different cards. Finally, I was able to put submit one and receive a confirmation screen that stated my reservation has been confirmed, but then my card still has yet to be charged, no email or anything else. I contacted Tesla and asked them and they said that on some cases even the charges on the cards can also take up to 24-48 hours to show up much like the email. They stated that if you don't see a charge on your card in 48 hours more than likely the order did not go through properly. I asked if there is a way for them to check to see if they have the order and they said at this time they don't have the capability to do that. I asked them in the event that somehow the order did not go through how will they determine your placement in line if you have to resubmit and they said that's handled on a case by case basis.

paulaujla | April 1, 2016

@jennchen67

My issue was almost exactly the same as yours (error processing...etc). I finally got the confirmed reservation screen as well. No CC charge/pending charge almost 12 hours later.

I finally decided to place a new order a few minutes ago and got a pending charge on my CC within 2 minutes.

@jennchen67
Same issue - exactly same issue - i faced that "error in processing payment" about 2 hours and finally order went through - i am just not liking the wait - lets connect as you and me are in same shoes on

email or facebook
khandujarohan (at) gmail (dot) com or www(dot)facebook (dot)com(front slash)khanduja

dd.micsol | April 1, 2016

okay my email confirmation just went through. Took 28 hrs.

web7media | April 1, 2016

I have a $1 pending from google services. Hoping that's the charge to this bad boy. :) will see in a few days, guess we have to practice patience lol. ether way we are 1-2 years away so a few day's shouldn't kill us.

casey.o.holder | April 1, 2016

@jennchen67, @khandujarohan: Almost the same here. I got several processing errors last night, even checked with bank to make sure they weren't refusing the transaction (bank guy said I wasn't the first call he had last night with same question about Tesla). Switched computers to my wife's laptop, it went through on first try, and I got confirmation page for reservation. But 12 hours later, still no credit card charged, and 60k+ more reservations placed.

I placed another reservation just now, and the card was charged immediately. If the charge from last night never shows up, I'll escalate later through Tesla customer service, and hopefully my "place in line" will be honored. If it does show up, maybe my wife will get a new Tesla in 2018, too.

jennchen67 | April 1, 2016

@casey.o.holder, @paulaujla, @khandujarohan: Sorry to hear that you guys all encountered similar problems. I'm going back and forth on whether I should place another order or not. I'm already worried that all those attempts and receiving the error pages or the pages that just loaded, but sat on the same page resulted in charges. The last thing I want is 15 $1k charges on my credit card. If their system is already slow and can take up to 48 hours to charge a card I can imagine how ridiculous the refund process would be if the charge from last night does go through and I place another one today and end up having to cancel one. While I have the funds, I just don't want to deal with the headache.

dajtypes | April 1, 2016

Ordered shortly after the unveiling. So far no e-mail and in trying to get to My Tesla, it just keeps kicking me back to the Model 3 order screen. But the charge shows up on my credit card. System probably just overwhelmed...

jennchen67 - even i am in same soup - i dont wanna see 15 times 1000 charge - i am trying to make a group of people together to escalate our common issue to escalate rather doing it individually. Even i dont want to deal the refund process so avoiding to order anything now.

lets connect on email or facebook that ways we can keep each other updated on this issue
khandujarohan (at) gmail (dot) com or www(dot)facebook (dot)com(front slash)khanduja

scottakemon | April 1, 2016

I am in the same boat. The credit card shows a charge but I have not received the confirmation email. I assume due to the demand that there may be a delay. Just sitting and waiting for it to show up. What a way to buy a car!

Veedio | April 1, 2016

There seem to be a lot of us in that boat - let's hope it doesn't sink. :)

I reserved at 7:35PM PT and saw a confirmation message but didn't do a screen grab of it. Still no email, nothing on My Tesla and no charge to my credit card.

Here's hoping that I actually have a reservation.

jeff.rodenburg | April 1, 2016

Same story as others --

- reservation last night with confirmation message
- didn't make a screen grab
- no confirmation email
- nothing on My Tesla
- no charge as of yet to credit card

Kensujr | April 1, 2016

I'm in a similar situation, reserved around 8pm pst online, still no email. There's a pending charge on the credit card. Much like everyone else, $7500 tax credit at stake.

jshakotko | April 1, 2016

khandujarohan- I sent you a Facebook message. I ordered last night around 10:30 and my card has not been charged. I noticed that my confirmation screen (I took a snapshot) looks different from other's who have posted on social media.

@veedio , @jeff.rodenburg and all others who are in our conditions - lets connect with each other

- reservation last night with confirmation message
- didn't make a screen grab
- no confirmation email
- nothing on My Tesla
- no charge as of yet to credit card

@jshakotko - i received your FB msg and i have responded back -

All in same situation pls connect me with on

I am making a group so that we can keep each other informed

webkev | April 1, 2016

Like many, I have not received an email from Tesla. However, after creating an account using the same exact email at the time of reservation, I now see a reservation number in my account webpage. It didn't show up immediately though. Like many current Tesla owners said, be patient.

alexanmh | April 1, 2016

Even more confused. Saw an article where Elon said average price of Model 3s ordered was $42K. I thought only deposits were happening now. Love Elon's vision, but hope this gets sorted. Still no confirmation e-mail.

akgolf | April 1, 2016

I've had an account set up for some time in anticipation of getting a Tesla. Made the reservation in the first ten minutes yesterday. No email, but my account was updated recently with the RN number.

maib121 | April 1, 2016

Where is the RN Number found???

maib121 | April 1, 2016

maib121 | April 1, 2016

liang.yuwei | April 1, 2016

Still no reservation e-mail for me as well, though my card company confirmed Tesla made the $1000 charge

Vikram K | April 1, 2016

I reserved in store at around 11 AM after waiting in line 4 hours. Just got my confirmation email. I have a Model S and can see both my existing car and the reservation for model 3 in the MyTesla page online. For existing owners, as long you used your MyTesla email ID for the reservation, Tesla will make the link and put you in the 'existing owner' queue according to their rules.

Haggy | April 1, 2016

My email took 29 hours to come. I'd suggest that anybody whose card doesn't get charged contact Tesla and have them look into it. I'm sure they have logs from all their servers. If you got a confirmation screen, there's a record of it.

Qball | April 1, 2016

Update from OP, I just received my email confirmation after 35 hours of placing the order. I really hope the order of receiving the emails is not indicative of your spot in Model 3 production/delivery queue.

hopevinitsky | April 1, 2016

No email. Ordered yesterday morning in Century City where Elon came by and shook everyone's hands. Under My Tesla I see my reservation number. Does anyone know what the reservation number means?

No email. Ordered yesterday morning in Century City where Elon came by and shook everyone's hands. Under My Tesla I see my reservation number. Does anyone know what the reservation number means?

jeffreygullett | April 1, 2016

I can't even get the My Tesla page to load. Anybody else having that problem? Oh and no email either. But the pending charge is on my card.

dipika4insurance | April 1, 2016

I had the same issue. I got several processing errors last night, switched my computer, switched credit card but I still was getting processing error. Finally, it worked and I got confirmation page for reservation. It has been more than 18 hours and still no credit card charged or no email confirmation.

alfredliu | April 1, 2016

More than 24 hr, 27 hrs to be exact, still have nothing even after I registered at mytesla. I started to worry if the guy have typed my email addy incorrectly then I will never receive anything.

chiawen | April 1, 2016

Just got email confirmation around 5:30pm CST.

zesty4 | April 1, 2016

my credit card shows a charged. already fee finish no received the confirmation email. What problem??
passed 31? hour~

SeanB.UT.US | April 1, 2016

To answer my own question from way up yonder, my 3 RN finally showed up next to the X RN and MyTesla no longer directs me to the X profile.

lalitkanteti | April 1, 2016

Reserved around 9AM and no word so far. They charged my cc so I guess it's just abt waiting.

SeanB.UT.US | April 1, 2016

For what it's worth, I reserved around 7:35PM PDT yesterday when it finally let me in and just received email at 4:11PM PDT the following day. RN showed up on MyTesla page shortly before that.

nickmo | April 1, 2016

same for us, ordered 1 each ( my account, wife's account )... hopefully order went through... travelling and got order in about midnght, no confirmation email, will give it another day! spent the morning at tesla store at Park Meadows in Colorado... got there an hour early and was about 390 in line, couldn't wait before having to catch a flight lol. great to see all the interest!

vishaank | April 1, 2016

Same thing as Mr. SeanB.OR.US, I reserved mine at around 7:35 PM yesterday night and just got my email around 4:12 PM PDT. Also, the RN is showing up on MyTesla page. Their website seems to be working faster as well, looks like servers are back in normal mode and emails should be rolling out for everyone shortly

scottakemon | April 1, 2016

Update. I created an account and used the same email as I used to reserve and low and behold I now have a reservation number showing on My Tesla page. As a side note I still do not have an email confirmation yet but is not really a concern now that my reservation is showing and I have my RN number. Best of luck. If you have not signed up for an account on the Tesla page you should do so now. Good luck!

webkev | April 1, 2016

Patience is key. First, create a mytesla account if you haven't done so. My RN # shows up there hours before I got my email, 15 hours versus 20 hours after I placed the order. As someone else said, if your credit card hasn't been charged yet, you may want to give them a call. Before you call, check your pending charges by logging on to your credit card's website. If you have been charged, chances are your reservation number is on its way. Another quote by many current Tesla owners: patience. We have a 2-year wait ahead of us. :-)

I ordered yesterday morning and just received the email confirmation, but I saw it first at My Tesla

alexanmh | April 1, 2016

Good news. Received my confirmation email and my RN show on my My Tesla. I can sleep tonight.

tjames557 | April 1, 2016

Ordered this morning. Deposit came out of credit card, no confirmation or RN number in My Tesla yet. Standing by

dhagberg | April 1, 2016

Just received 4/1 at 16:15 Pacific time after placing reservation 3/31 at approx 19:45. My guess is they have quite a backlog to work through. RN# is some large random number in the millions so likely not sequential (I hope).

stormtroopers138 | April 1, 2016

I reserved this morning at 3 am and still nothing. more then 17 hours

stormtroopers138 | April 1, 2016

I reserved this morning at 3 am and still nothing. more than 17 hours

Pages