Forums

How will the Tesla's be handed out?

How will the Tesla's be handed out?

Alright, so I was wondering if anyone can help me with this... I was wondering how the Tesla's were going to be handed out. Whether it is by the number you reserved your car or by West to East United States than to other countries. I say this because I read this in the FAQ "When will my Model 3 be delivered?
Model 3 production is scheduled to begin in late 2017. Once production begins, we will begin deliveries in North America starting on the West Coast, moving east. As we continue to ramp production, we will begin deliveries in Europe, APAC and right-hand drive markets. As we get closer to production, we will have more details to share with you." So how will this work out? If anyone has knowledge on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

alias4me | May 22, 2016

Nobody knows, and anybody who says they do is wrong. Sorry.

jeffhre | May 22, 2016

" I was wondering how the Tesla's were going to be handed out." Yes, to all of the above that was listed by Tesla and you.

In addition Tesla will have to take into account, vehicle configurations such as options and paint choices for batching, ongoing changes in availability of parts materials and supplies, vehicle transportation and delivery options, and applicable local laws, changing country and regional subsidies, and import, tax and duty procedures - with their potential impacts on logistics, demand and ordering preference. Plus likely a few dozen more variables that I do not know of.

Drdpharris | May 22, 2016

Alas, we shall all have to wait until Tesla informs us.