Forums

Options

Options

I'm asking that they make the "3" with cruise control, heated seats and heated steering wheel. I'll except all other options.
Phil

SoFlaModel3 | April 14, 2017

When you say cruise control, do you mean basic cruise control (i.e. not auto pilot)?

Heated seats I would expect, at least I hope. My wish would be for air cooled seats, but there is no chance since it hasn't worked out on the S or X.

Heated steering wheel, not sure.

I'm assuming you mean you'll accept all other options, not except.... right?

Haggy | April 14, 2017

The S|X has heated front seats by default. You need the cold weather package for all seats and the steering wheel. Basic cruise control is standard on them. ACC is part of autopilot.

There's no way of knowing what will be standard on the 3, but you may want to look at the Mercedes E or BMW 3 to see if they are on the base model.

KP in NPT | April 14, 2017

The seat icons that control the heat on the S/X are visible in the photos of the Model 3 screen in the release candidates.

SoFlaModel3 | April 14, 2017

Interesting, I didn't know the cars had cruise control.

Odds are I am never going to use it with Autopilot instead.

dsvick | April 15, 2017

Cruise control (not EAP) I can't imagine wouldn't be standard.
Heated steering wheel I assume will be part of the cold weather package (assuming they have one).
Heated seats I think could go either way. You may get heated front (or all) only as part of a cold weather package, or maybe the front will be standard.

@KP - "The seat icons that control the heat on the S/X are visible in the photos of the Model 3 screen in the release candidates."

I'd image that the RCs have all the options included so I don't know that see it is indicative of anything.

KP in NPT | April 16, 2017

@dsvick possibly but was in response to OPs hope that it would have them. Likely it will - but a question of if base or an option.

Haggy | April 17, 2017

"Interesting, I didn't know the cars had cruise control.

Odds are I am never going to use it with Autopilot instead."

You won't have any choice. If you pay for autopilot, then activating cruise control gives you TACC.

Assuming the controls are standard, which they would have to be since autopilot can be added on later, it means the cruise control lever will be on all cars. It wouldn't make sense for Tesla not to make basic cruise control standard.

JuJo0 | April 18, 2017

I don't think any car has basic cruise control as not standard. For, like, the past decade or so?

csmith476 | April 18, 2017

@juJuo0

You would be surprised. My wife's 2012 Mazda 3 lacks cruise control. We didn't even think to look for it until weeks later when we noticed it didn't have it. It is incredibly inconvenient.

JuJo0 | April 20, 2017

@csmith476

That's unfortunate. =/

acares | April 20, 2017

@csmith476 Weird- both my 2008 and 2011 Mazda 3 had/have cruise control.

Haggy | April 21, 2017

Sometimes if you assume a feature must be there, you can be surprised. Before I got my Model S, I had to post to find out if the user manual was accurate, since it didn't mention a voice command for calling a phone number. Sure enough, it was accurate. It worked with address book entries but not digits. Tesla eventually changed that, and now it works that way, but it was a surprise. Another surprise was that it didn't display individual tire pressures. I found that out before I got the car also, and Tesla did add it with an OTA update after the fact. It lacked the ability to tie an individual fob to a driver profile. Again, they added it later with a software update, but what hadn't occurred to me was that without it, I'd have to get to the center screen to pick a driver profile, and the seat would be in the way.

You really can't assume that any feature is there unless it's stated explicitly. Reading the owner's manual can help. Fortunately with a Tesla, even if there are features left out, it doesn't mean it will stay that way.

Red Sage ca us | April 21, 2017

Haggy: +42! Precisely. The Ultimate Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything about "Why Do [SMARTBUM] Tesla Enthusiasts Keep Recommending that People RTFM?" ;-)

Bluesday Afternoon | April 21, 2017

They do have a smaller manual in the glovebox...but, only if you put your phone in there. ;-)

I can wait to hear all the complaints about the temp and time placement. When 7.0 came out there was a fire storm about not seeing it through the steering wheel. Those were fun days.