Forums

Never thought I'd be the poster child for Earth Day

Never thought I'd be the poster child for Earth Day

But they asked if they could use my photo, and I said "Sure."

https://www.facebook.com/147007951983967/photos/a.1027372880614132.10737...

neilhamrin | April 22, 2017

well done, David. Why not you?

Bighorn | April 22, 2017

You lift, bruh?

KP in NPT | April 22, 2017

Nice!

RedShift | April 22, 2017

I know why they asked you - you weren't wearing your MAGA hat! :-)

J/K... good on you, mate.

sbeggs | April 22, 2017

@dramsey,
Nice!

Dramsey | April 22, 2017

@neilhamrin, because I am deeply skeptical about AGW.

@Bighorn, thanks for noticing. I didn't get serious until a few years ago, and you just can't gain much size at my advanced age (61), since new muscle cell creation falls off sharply after age 50. On the other hand, I can crush others in my age group like tiny helpless insects, and I have abs. So there's that.

@Redshift, that's my Indian motorcycle hat actually. I can't find my Tesla hat :-(

@KP, @sbeggs, thanks!

This Tesla road trip Reno->Moab->Santa Fe has been the longest yet, about 2,300 miles.

Ross1 | April 22, 2017

Your face is black but your ears are white.

Dramsey | April 22, 2017

I have no idea what you mean...

Bighorn | April 22, 2017

I drove down to Santa Fe last weekend to christen the new supercharger--quaint little town.

Dramsey | April 22, 2017

We stayed at the Inn of the Five Graces, which has a 64 amp HPWC.

Silver2K | April 22, 2017

you may have lifted in the past, but that watch already told me you don't lift any more.

Remnant | April 23, 2017

@SilverP85plus (April 22, 2017)

<< you may have lifted in the past, but that watch already told me you don't lift any more. >>

WTF do you mean & WTH is your post addressing?

Are you a schizo troll? You look horribly sick, man!

Better get a couple of days off and get laid, stupid ... !

Silver2K | April 23, 2017

You're a "remnant" alright

mntlvr23 | April 23, 2017

Very cool dramsey

J.T. | April 23, 2017

That watch looks pretty heavy to me!

SCCRENDO | April 23, 2017

Congrats Dave, Thanks for supporting the cause.

Bighorn | April 23, 2017

Don't mind silver--you'd probably be drunk too at 2am in Syracuse, if you were him.

Tesla-David | April 23, 2017

Congrats, like the color of your MS, looks like Pearl White, the same as ours.

Dramsey | April 23, 2017

@SilverP85Plus,

"you may have lifted in the past, but that watch already told me you don't lift any more."

As a watch collector for many decades, I have learned never to judge someone by their watch. I do in fact continue to lift, training under Mitch Cox at the American Iron Gym here in Reno. You should drop by sometime if you're in the area.

FWIW, the Apple Watch is great for Tesla road trips, since it automagically updates when you change time zones, and you can receive notifications from your car easily without having to dig out your phone. It lacks the wrist heft and romance of, say, my Jaeger-LeCoultre Duograph Chronometré, but really is much more practical.

@Tesla-David,

Good call! It is in fact pearl white.

BTW, if you're ever in the area, the Petroglyph National Park-- there are several different places to stop-- is really worth a look. You can get up close and personal with petroglyphs that are centuries old (BUT DON'T TOUCH). One of the stops has a friendly squirrel that will eat out of your hand if you catch it taking a sand bath.

rxlawdude | April 23, 2017

We missed Petroglyph on our winter road trip, but found a jewel in Walnut Canyon National Monument. Truly spectacular.

Silver2K | April 23, 2017

Dramsey | April 23, 2017
@SilverP85Plus,

"you may have lifted in the past, but that watch already told me you don't lift any more."

As a watch collector for many decades, I have learned never to judge someone by their watch. I do in fact continue to lift, training under Mitch Cox at the American Iron Gym here in Reno. You should drop by sometime if you're in the area.

FWIW, the Apple Watch is great for Tesla road trips, since it automagically updates when you change time zones, and you can receive notifications from your car easily without having to dig out your phone. It lacks the wrist heft and romance of, say, my Jaeger-LeCoultre Duograph Chronometré, but really is much more practical.

---------------'

I was just joking really :)

I'm not a big fan of square myself, but you get what is comfortable for you.
I love my navitimers and my s3 frontier though. My watch has to look rugged.

KP in NPT | April 23, 2017

Classy retort, Dramsey.

Dramsey | April 23, 2017

"I love my navitimers and my s3 frontier though. My watch has to look rugged."

My most recent rugged watch is my slowly corroding Tudor Black Bay Bronze. My single Breitling is a Cosmonaute which I don't wear very often...

We're wandering far off topic, but can I ask an S3 question? What the heck is the little padlock icon that persists at the top of the screen on mine?

RedShift | April 23, 2017

Um, wrist watches make my wrist sweat. Sorry, when we went the iPhone way, I was glad to say goodbye to my motion activated - recharging Seiko watch thingy goodbye.

Oh, I continue to lift too. I don't have abs like dramsey does, but I have just enough to show my 7 year old son what six packs might look like. :-)

Silver2K | April 24, 2017

We're wandering far off topic, but can I ask an S3 question? What the heck is the little padlock icon that persists at the top of the screen on mine?
-----------------------------

the screen is locked and must enter the pin code to view message or alerts on the phone

Silver2K | April 24, 2017

on the "watch"

Dramsey | April 24, 2017

Thanks!

rxlawdude | April 24, 2017

This thread bears watching.

SCCRENDO | April 24, 2017

@silver. Means the watch is locked and not communicating with the iphone. Happens when you take it off your wrist. Can also happen if your shirtsleeve slips under the watch and it loses skin contact.

Silver2K | April 26, 2017

SCC.

The lock on the s3 frontier means you have a lock pin assigned and the phone is locked and can't be configured without unlocking it. You can rotate the bezel for info, but cannot be reconfigured.

Dramsey

Have you tried watchmaker app and then going to their google+ thread? The watch gaces they have for free is insane!

Rx

+1 :)

Silver2K | April 26, 2017

Faces too!!

Dramsey | April 26, 2017

Thanks for the reference! It will be a couple of weeks before I have time to dig into that stuff, but I will!

Captain_Zap | April 26, 2017

What is the keypad for on the CC charging station? I haven't seen a set up like that before. Every CC I have been to was free and unlocked.

Dramsey | April 26, 2017

You need to enter a code to activate the charger. Although the charger is free, they make you walk from the parking lot to the visitor center to get the code. The need for the code is not noted on the charger.

Captain_Zap | April 26, 2017

Thanks!