Forums

Cool stuff for early orders?

Cool stuff for early orders?

I ordered one hour prior to the reveal but as I am in Hungary my Tesla page shows 1st of April as ordering date.
Do you think that I am eligible for the cool stuff? ( I did receive the greeting card last year so I hope yes )

Thanks, Attila

Shadowmist | May 28, 2017

Damn that's a good question... I'd ask a Tesla rep

burdogg | May 28, 2017

It will be interesting - as am an owner of an S since Oct 2015 (hence before the reveal :) and I live 3 hours from the closest store. I also had a family Reunion we were traveling to that took us even further away from the store. I called my DS about trying to get an order placed, and he said, don't worry about it, you can order online tonight and you will still get priority as a current owner. You do not need to stand in line, and in fact, I wouldn't as it won't make much difference for you. So, I ordered online before the event started (I tried over and over to order, but even though everyone on the internet was claiming they could order, I could not get it to work for me. Finally about 20-30 min before it started, I refreshed enough times to where it finally opened for me to order)

So, no I didn't physically stand in line - I was in fact told I didn't need to. I ordered online before the unveiling. So do we get any of the stuff that they are saying will be given? I don't know, but I sure hope so, as I placed my order just like everyone else that stood in a line (or lack thereof for those that went at say 2:00 PM) - as none of us had seen it at that point yet and were giving our money to show our faith in them.

Time will tell :) (I did get the sketch, but so did many that even reserved many days later)

Bersus | May 29, 2017

ordered minutes after unveil from Italy (5 am april 1st, local time).
Confirmation shows april 1st.
Received the "thank you for reserving..." card from Musk.
I am confident that i will be considered early order.

PhillyGal | May 29, 2017

Attila,
That is an excellent question and one I unfortunately don't have the answer to. I would hope that Tesla would take into consideration the time differences and consider "early" anyone who ordered before the moment the reveal car came on stage.

PhillyGal | May 29, 2017

There were 115,000+ of us :)

I had the great privilege of standing there in person, watching Mr. Musk on stage announce that number and project it on a screen behind him as he spoke. The crowd went wild.

topher | May 29, 2017

I would assume, that if there is a list, it is done by when the reservation was received (i.e. in PST). What your local time was probably isn't even recorded.

Thank you kindly.

FISHEV | May 29, 2017

磕碰 to get rid of the spam.

pchampoux | May 29, 2017

I made my reservation on march 31 so I have a suggestion for the special gift:
To be able to have our Model 3 using the same paint colour and composition as the Reveal Model 3 cars. My choice is the silver and It appear the the production silver is different. Those Colors made us make our reservation.
Not very costly but it will make our car special as early reservation March 31, 2016...
Thank you for your consideration

joanvm | May 29, 2017

I have the exact same question, I ordered before the event started, but the reservation time was recorded in my local time area (Barcelona), so officially it's an April 1st reservation, I think a Tesla rep should talk clear regarding this situation given there're thousands like us

joanvm | May 29, 2017

I have the exact same question, I ordered before the event started, but the reservation time was recorded in my local time area (Barcelona), so officially it's an April 1st reservation, I think a Tesla rep should talk clear regarding this situation given there're thousands like us

Haggy | May 29, 2017

I would assume that Tesla would go by whether people waited in line or not to determine who reserved before the reveal, rather than going by date. If they didn't, they'd have to correct it when somebody pointed it out.

Frank99 | May 29, 2017

Tesla has the common_reservation_id, which is a sequential counter of reservations. It is independent of Time Zone - it's purely the order that reservations occurred. Should Tesla wish to reward everyone who reserved before the reveal, they'd simply look at the 115,000 reservations that they noted at the beginning of the reveal, and everyone with a common_reservation_id less than this would get the reward.
Alternatively, they know exactly the local time that everyone reserved. If they wanted to reward everyone who reserved within one or two hours of when the local stores opened, it's a trivial thing to do.
What would be a difficult thing would be to find out from each Tesla store when their line dissipated, and choose on a store-by-store basis which reservations occurred while there was a line, and which occurred when there wasn't.
Frankly, any "cool gift" should be seen as a gift, not as a right. Tesla will make a decision about what (if anything) to gift, and who should get it. It wasn't promised before you put down your reservation; don't get grabby about what you "deserve". It's unlikely that anyone you can speak to at Tesla has any more information than you do - until Tesla announces their "cool stuff" gifts, no ones going to tell you anything.

Bluesday Afternoon | May 30, 2017