Forums

My date of reservation has changed !

My date of reservation has changed !

I ordered my Tesla an hour before reveal. Now it changed instead of 3/31 it says 4/1 so what happened? I'm assuming those who ordered on the store in person that day are 3/31 ? What do you guys think ? I still don't mind the wait just sucks I have to wait one more day .

bmalloy0 | July 27, 2017

Same here. Emailing Support when I get home. Will update if no one else does.

sam | July 27, 2017

The same thing happened to me, I reserved online 1/2 hour before the reveal started. I'm not too worried because I need to wait for the 4wd model.

IPv6Freely | July 27, 2017

I reserved in the first 10 minutes (50 minutes before reveal started). I don't know why the date changed either.

sam | July 27, 2017

The date change is also mentioned in this electrek.co article https://electrek.co/2017/07/27/tesla-says-model-3-invitations-arriving-s...

TheChad | July 27, 2017

I wonder if it's a differentiation between ordering in store day of reveal and online. I reserved I store and my still says 3/31. It'd be interesting to see if any other in store reso dates have changed.

Wimpy ti | July 27, 2017

I waited in line in Texas on 3/31 and reservation date has remained 3/31. I've heard lots of online pre reveal reservations have been moved to 4/01.

sam | July 27, 2017

Someone on the Tesla Motors Club forum called Tesla and they were told their reservation still showed as 3/31 in their computers, said that it was apparently a bug they are working on fixing. https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/reservation-date-changed-on-my-t...

Hangwaitang | July 27, 2017

Same with me! 1 day means a big difference since they had 200000 reservation on the first day!

Dr_Zarkov | July 27, 2017

Got my confirmation email at 5:42pm, Pacific time, on April 2, 2016. The MyTesla page now says April 3, 2016. I live about ten miles from the Fremont factory and am willing to take the base model. Hope this doesn't change my delivery date.

Got my confirmation email at 5:42pm, Pacific time, on April 2, 2016. The MyTesla page now says April 3, 2016. I live about ten miles from the Fremont factory and am willing to take the base model. Hope this doesn't change my delivery date.

Jcastillo18 | July 27, 2017

Hope it gets fixed I didn't think that one day makes a difference

LA-Fohlen | July 27, 2017

I think pretty much everybody got pushed back. I am also now one day post my original order day (in May this year). I wouldn't worry too much. Then again, for me it doesn't make much difference if I'm gonna be 490,000 or 500,000.

Seeing some comments on the Electrek site saying that the date is in UTC. If that's true then 5:42pm, Pacific, on the 2nd, would convert to 12:42am, UTC, on the 3rd.

noleaf4me | July 27, 2017

Mine says 4/1 as well. I reserved as soon as the on-line reservations opened up 1 hour prior to the reveal. Don't like it!!!

burdogg | July 27, 2017

Has anyone read the confirmation email you got, it had an attachment and I find this statement interesting:

"2. Effective date - Your reservation becomes effective when (1) you place your Reservation and (2) we receive your Reservation Payment." those last two words are in bold.

So, is that why our online reservations show up the next day as credit cards were not processed yet? (probably not)

But interesting verbiage and makes you wonder. So day 2 someone goes into a store and pays $1,000 in cash, do they go ahead of someone who used credit card the night before as there is a processing time from getting money from card (bank) to company.

Last we still have the same reservation number, so it is not like people jumped ahead of you because it shows 4/1.

Glenlakehouse | July 27, 2017

Same issue with me. I ordered online the minute online reservations opened and well prior to the reveal. I just double checked my confirmation e-mail and it was sent at 5:57 PM (CST) on 4/1/16. As other have said, with the pace that reservations were received, 1 day makes a big difference with regard to the whirling counter on the $7,500 tax credit.

KP in NPT | July 27, 2017

My Model 3 is gone altogether from my tesla. I shit you not. Only our Model S is there. I'm mildly panicking but I'm sure it's a big.

KP in NPT | July 27, 2017

*bug

jamilworm | July 27, 2017

My reservation is gone too, all I see is a Model S, a Model X and a power wall with buttons to order under them.

insanityabounds | July 27, 2017

I placed my reservation at about 6:30pm at the store and my date stayed 3/31. My confirmation email was received at 2:32pm 4/1 (PST).
It does seem like Wimpy Ti is right and the store reservations stayed and online changed.

seattlemag | July 27, 2017

Wouldn't worry too much yet...lots of bugs on the website (my reservation has currently disappeared altogether) and hope they'll be fixing things soon. Now if it's broke after tomorrow... I'll be the first one setting off the fire alarms :)

I found a way to see my reservation again. The url https://www.tesla.com/mytesla/profile?rn=RNXXXXXXXXX (except with my actual RN) shows me the old reservation page with the new image. Hey, but wait now after loading that page when I refreshed https://www.tesla.com/mytesla now it shows my model 3 with the manage button.

Although now I see that my reservation date changes as well to 4/1. I reserved in-store in Tokyo right around the start of the reveal.

ramirezfrank96 | July 27, 2017

I reserved in store as well right 100th person in line on 3/31 and my date of reservation remains 3/31 on "My Tesla" page.

+1 jamilworm. I had some experience

bj | July 27, 2017

Well, the "Manage" button has come back, and there's a new pic of the Model 3 there.

I reserved in store, and my date hasn't changed. Although it sort of has, it now says "Your Model 3 was reserved on 30/3/2016" - so I beat you all by 1 day due to time zone (it was 31st here but still 30th in California). It previously said that my reservation date was 31/3.

I think all they're doing is separating in-store reservations from online reservations. Your position in the queue should be unaffected because all reservations are time-stamped, so if you reserved online before the reveal on 31st, you'll still be in front of those who reserved on the 1st. And yes this is my speculation not fact.

SamO | July 27, 2017

Reserved at 1005am 3/31 and reservation is consistent.

My reservation was in store in Tokyo right before the reveal, and my date changed from 3/31 to 4/1. I don't know if that's because it was actually 4/1 in Tokyo at the time, or if it's because maybe they just had a computer set up for online reservations and not any special in-store setup that would be captured.

markcmann | July 27, 2017

Maybe the date changing to 4/1 is a delayed April Fools joke?

Manuelramirez42 | July 27, 2017

well, I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed the date changed. I'm sure we'll hear about it tomorrow.

rs | July 27, 2017

I noted on InsideEVs that people's dates had changed @ My Tesla, so I went online (~20 min ago) and indeed my reservation had changed from 3/31/2016 to 4/01/2016... as others have been reporting.

However as I've been reading around online I cycled back to the My Tesla/manage page and Lo & Behold there it was... changed BACK to 3/31/2016! Go figure!

Manuelramirez42 | July 27, 2017

rs - i just did the same thing, just went back and it's back to 3/31 ...phew

RP3 | July 27, 2017

Yep...back to 3/31. All is good in the world!

Oh yeah me too! All is right again.

bmalloy0 | July 27, 2017

Seems to be fixed at this point!

yup, good for me too!

AlMc | July 27, 2017

Proximity to the factory will probably outweigh 3/31 vs 4/1 from a delivery standpoint. West coast will make out the best regardless. I am not upset at this being on the east coast. Just the way it is.

Maxxer | July 27, 2017

Mine didn't change. The bug didn't reach Canada!

matt80206 | July 27, 2017

Mine is back with a new layout still no config though

gavinmcc | July 27, 2017

For me: New layout...wrong date:(
Still says 4/1.... luckily I have a screenshot of my Tesla page saying 3/31/16...not that it matters...Tesla will let me know when I can configure and it will be what it will be

I like the new image angle...I wish they would rotate the colors...would like to see the silver and midnight silver at that angle. The blue is pretty.

G

rbwhang | July 27, 2017

Had the wrong date, then the correct date, back to wrong date again... and now new wording: "More information on your Model 3 is coming soon"

jgoldman91 | July 27, 2017

My date is still wrong... :(

gavinmcc | July 27, 2017

I Should probably stop refreshing the MyTesla page, get some sleep, and hope that all glitches and updates are set up by morning...need sleep to stay up late tomorrow not gut :)

G

(Who am I kidding...I will be checking my reservation a least 4 more times tonight)

RP3 | July 27, 2017

...dang, mine is now back to 4/1. was on 3/31 for a while, time to stop looking at it!

gavinmcc | July 27, 2017

Hmmmm
Night became not gut...thanks iPhone...have a good not gut everybody, see you in the morning....

G

rbwhang | July 27, 2017

...and correct date again.

ddrmadness | July 27, 2017

Had wrong date about an hour ago as well (online pre-reveal reservation) just checked right now and date is correct with the new format. I like the new screen shot of the model 3 :-)

Ehninger1212 | July 27, 2017

Poof mine just changed back 3-31

Blue Diamond | July 27, 2017

Date is back and now there's a message under the image of the Model 3 which says "More information on your Model 3 is coming soon" ... reserved online on March 31.

miguelcampeau | July 27, 2017

mine also changed back from 4-01 to 3-31

Mine has gone back to 4/2/16.

Developers should have tested better before releasing this update to the website. There was no reason to send everyone into an uproar. People are watching this too closely and the lack of official information on Model 3 is putting many of us on edge.

Tesla needs to provide vehicle specs, stats, costs, detailed photos, and so on at or just after tomorrow's event.

Pages