Forums

Are we going to get ALL pertinent information tonight?

Are we going to get ALL pertinent information tonight?

Just hit me , we might not get all the
information tonight. Am I expecting to much? Paranoid?

Ehninger1212 | July 28, 2017

I am expecting a fancy revealing of all the main specs and then the design studio to go live with all the remaining info and such.

Just speculation though.

Only 16.5 hours left!

tedirelan | July 28, 2017

I feel like it's the scene in "V For Vendetta" where detective Finch says, "Tonight's your big night. Are you ready for it...are *we* ready for it?". Good stuff. To answer your question, weather the information comes from Elon or by someone that receives their car (by way of you tube video), we'll know more tonight than we do now.

Faustic | July 28, 2017

Even if we don't get everything tonight, I can't imagine that info will be contained for long once the wider Tesla/SpaceX employee base starts ordering and taking delivery over the next few months. I don't expect the wider reservation base will get to play around with the design studio at all tonight. One can hope though....

AttackOfTheMac | July 28, 2017

I think there will be a lot of questions after the reveal that will slowly be answered as more people get access to cars.
Elon usually have very short presentations.

lutze.mathias | July 28, 2017

i am looking forward to see more details, anyhow my reservation is done already :)
...and I think even is the 3 wil be less exclusive & powerfull than the S- it will be good :)
tired of gasoline drive- only for my vespa this is ok :)

slasher0016 | July 28, 2017

I expect we'll everything there is to know about the cars they are building within the next 24-48 hours. Even though these are employee cars, they're going to go show them off to their friends, family, etc. People who are not bound by a NDA. What we may not get yet is stuff about future options that are not yet available, such as ludicrious and AWD range/performance specs.

jefjes | July 28, 2017

Hope for YES!! :)
Prepare for no. ;(

LA-Fohlen | July 28, 2017

Did you guys have trouble sleeping last night?

eeb9 | July 28, 2017

What is this "sleep" thing of which you speak?

JAD | July 28, 2017

No, I am quite sure we still won't know exactly when we get our cars, which is kinda the biggest question!

We should learn all the important specs but not details of how well AP works or exact dimensions of the frunk, etc that will be revealed in YouTube videos over the next few weeks would be my guess.

shannon.lgrizzly | July 28, 2017

IMHO we will learn the basic specs such as range and battery size(s) but I think it is unlikely the configurator will open yet. It is estimated that between Tesla and SpaceX employees there is 10,000 cars to build. The configurator will open after they have the line running a bit more smoothly.

wbryanblount | July 28, 2017

I made my reservation online March 31, 2016 as soon as the web site allowed me to do so. Enough with the hoopla! Let's get down to business already.

andy.connor.e | July 28, 2017

I dont think you're expecting too much. Its unacceptable for Tesla to begin production of something, to be delivered to people when we have not even been told what we are getting. Will the range be 215 miles? We dont even know yet. Granted, i dont think anyone has been given the confirmation to go ahead and start optioning their cars yet.

Will this be the absolute 'final'? Dont know. Regardless, they should not begin production until full details have been revealed. So this is either the "pre-production" announcement, or they're not even ready yet.

@Andy.connor.e

Im sure they figured out a way to have the employees options out the first 30 cars for tonight.

This is not a Pre-Production announcement. They are handing over 30 PRODUCTION cars tonight.. meaning production has started. Just because the General public does not know the options doesn't mean some of the employees have not already configured.

JAD | July 28, 2017

I am not sure the cars being delivered tonight have really been configured by the employees. I think all thirty are going to 'special' people, like Elon, JB, and other big investors, and they might just get what they get. I would be slightly surprised in any of the 30 are going to people on the production line. They will probably just build a nice variety of colors and options to look good and show well at tonight's unveiling.

It would be cool if I am wrong, but I doubt these 30 will exactly be primary transportation for their new owners.

Ok i mean if employees are the ones getting them, then theres probably an internal consensus about whats going on. My point is that they would not be producing cars for general public customers without transparently providing details on what they are buying.

ReD eXiLe ms us | July 28, 2017

GoFins13: It seems to me that 'pertinent' is a rather personal qualifier, so I feel confident in saying, "NO."

By the way, I'm a Niners fan, but I wouldn't have minded having Dan Marino wearing Red, White, Black, and Gold for a while.

If the choices are really colors and wheels, they could easily start producing cars before people decide what they want. I'm sure if they cranked out 1000 white models with 19" wheels they will be sold.

blacklablily | July 28, 2017

Does anyone know if there is an actual reveal scheduled tonight?

There is apparently a link in their twitter.

Refer here:
https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/all-honesty-can-we-livestream-toda...

Frank99 | July 28, 2017

Back to the OP's question,
NO, we will not get all pertinent information tonight.

There are half-a-million reservation holders, with half-a-million different sets of "pertinent information". Will a 6'5" man with proportionately long legs be comfortable in the back seat? Will the RWD be good enough for a New Englander to drive in the winter? You get the idea.

We will get a marketing glossy tonight, IMHO. 0-60 times, battery size, range. We'll probably get wheels, colors and interiors initially available. We likely won't get rollout schedules for AWD, Pano, etc. And I'll be happy with that.

Iwantmy3 | July 28, 2017

My fear is that we get a repeat of reveal part 2 where only a small bit of information is let out. More to be revealed during the August delivery party.

jordanrichard | July 28, 2017

Range will be the number one thing I think that most people want to know. There is no real "tada"! to the look of the car, so what is the other big thing that gets talked about, range?

For this group here on the Model 3 forum it might be options, but to the general public/media it is range and price.

info | July 28, 2017

do you think European prices will be announced as well?

SUN 2 DRV | July 28, 2017

There will undoubtedly be a progression of information released over the next many months.

Why would Tesla want/need to shoot their whole wad at one time? Probably some exciting things disclosed tonight but you can also be sure that there will be significant things they aren't sharing yet.

carlgo2 | July 28, 2017

Hmmm, maybe the significant things like battery choices, range, the HUD...well, anyway... we should hear about all the basic stuff like battery sizes, range, initial RWD performance, the basic beginning options and capabilities being revealed, but future stuff like dual motors, ludicrous and such being left for another day.

I would personally be rather [PEEVED] if the final car ended up with a Lexus or BMW style interior. ;-)

engwicht | July 28, 2017

There are gonna be some crispy details coming tonight.
Elektrik already posted about it: super high efficiency and very long range approx. up to 315mi.
There are gonna be surprises and I am sure Elon is gonna exceed expectations. E.g. 0-60 times.

Gofins13 | July 28, 2017

ReD eXiLe ms us Exciting times, I have very little patience in general. Character flaw.

Wife surprised me, with tickets to the Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Live in Fla.
Saw D. Marino and S. Young get inducted. Good stuff.

MarlonBrown | July 28, 2017

I expect at least one surprise festure. Maybe two.
I am wondering if there will be test drives.

Tesla01 | July 28, 2017

Can we watch the delivery event online?, where, when? Will it be available online?

Gofins13: Poor Steve Young. He got so little respect. "You're half the man that Little Joey is! Here, have #8!" :-D There were some great quarterbacks that went to the NFL or the USFL back in the 1980s. I'm happy that both Steve Young and Jim Kelly still made it to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, to join Dan Marino and John Elway.

Tesla01: Most seem to believe that there will be a prominently visible link at the front page of this website when the time comes...

http://www.tesla.com

:-D

mos6507 | July 28, 2017

"My fear is that we get a repeat of reveal part 2 where only a small bit of information is let out. More to be revealed during the August delivery party."

Your fears were justified. No real detail on the interior. Nothing on the ventilation system. Nothing that would make the spaceship-steering "all make sense". Elon didn't even hand the keys over. He just had people walk to their vehicles and left the stage.

Very anti-climactic.

It looks like the first real detailed info we'll get on the interior will be actual owners posting personal Youtube videos. I find that really unprofessional on Tesla's part to not go into full detail.

Frank99 | July 28, 2017

Your opinion is duly noted.

Manuelramirez42 | July 28, 2017

not much info given :(