Forums

How many competitor CEOs will be watching tonight

How many competitor CEOs will be watching tonight

Just wondering how many top executives and CEOs will be watching tonight to find out just how much trouble they will be in for in the next few years. Between Ford, GM, BMW, etc. as well as Exxon, Shell, and members of OPEC. This may be their Waterloo.

CAinTX | July 28, 2017

Very good question. I'm sure all of them, no matter what their opinion on this new revolution. I'm sure tonight is going to generate many meetings in many board rooms across corporate America and the world.

carlk | July 28, 2017

How many just do not want to watch? Did James watch Warriors' victory parade?

barrykmd | July 28, 2017

Can someone provide the details about tonite, such as time and link to streaming site?

JAD | July 28, 2017

Only the good CEO's, the others will continue to just stick their head in the sand.

JAD | July 28, 2017

Tesla.com at 9 Pacific

TheChad | July 28, 2017

Not many. They're a bunch of antiquated old farts. They'll wait for their secretaries to show them the replay, and explain some of the terminology, at a later time to them.

Blue85DCalifornia | July 28, 2017

Hardly any. Most don't even know about Tesla, or their underlings have assured them Tesla is crap and their 100mi range ev scheduled for 2019 will be a Tesla killet.

AJPHL | July 28, 2017

They have too much of their own junk to be worrying about without taking an hour out of their evening to watch the competition. So while some should, I doubt any of the major manufacturer CEOs will be.

sickpg7 | July 28, 2017

@barrykmd I hear this site might be streaming it at 9:00 Eastern ;)

tesla.com

stockbandit91 | July 28, 2017

All should be watching, if any CEO doesn't the shareholders should get rid of them. I expect a few spectacular headlines have already been written by ICE PR departments to try to take away from the buzz of tonight, maybe even with a few empty promises about "electrified" models coming.

The time has come for full EV (not "electrified") cars, I do not want to ever use gas again with any new cars I buy, hybrids/plug-in hybrids were a bridge technology whose time is ending.

Coastal Cruiser. | July 28, 2017

Oh come on. They will ALL be watching! Someone said "tesla" and all the execs thought it was an anagram for 'steal', so they went all in on the stock.

/cc

elephant in a bottle | July 28, 2017

With popcorn, nachos and pretzels .. no doubt they will all be watching.. not just that .. betting that they all have secretly (via their not-so-distant relatives or their company joes ) reserved one too..

stammit | July 28, 2017

Automotive CEO's - all will watch - these aren't stupid people - they know that EV's are the future.

Oil / Energy CEO's - most will watch - again, not stupid people - many have significant investments in wind, solar, etc via joint ventures.

While the technology is changing, it'd be foolish to assume that big players with excess capital won't be a part of the revolution.

LostInTx | July 28, 2017

Realistically, none of them will watch. That said, you don't get to be CEO of major corporations without awareness of what your competitors are doing.

By Monday morning, each CEO will have a report detailing highlights of the presentation and specific price and performance specifications announced this evening.

The narrative that these CEO's have their heads in the sand (or worse) or they can't even have a discussion on the future of EV makes for good sound bites but no, they're very aware of what Tesla is doing and how it impacts the automobile market.

Their problem is shareholders and the glacier speed with which they're able to transition a 100+ year industry down a completely different path.

stevenroglen | July 28, 2017

Every.Single.One.

SamO | July 28, 2017

Bad news for car companies. Beyond the cartel formed in Germany to cheat on diesel emissions, other carmakers are implicated. Forget fines, but look at the write-offs of production capacity.

Rocky_H | July 28, 2017

I concur with @LostInTx. They will get the information they need from it, but they probably won't be spending their actual time to watch it themselves.

Ross1 | July 28, 2017

Also the shorts have already written their negative articles and Car Companies have ordered some for tear down analysis.
After hours stock price all over the place until Monday?
Elon makes or loses $5 billion over the weekend?

PhillyGal | July 28, 2017

All of them!

Ross1 | July 28, 2017

And many journalists will be sifting thru forums like this looking for fan/buyer comments

ReD eXiLe ms us | July 28, 2017

They will all be watching. They have been in 'Wait and See' mode for the past four or five years in regard to Tesla. At some point within the next 18 months or so, they'll begin to see that Tesla is eating their breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, supper, and nightly repast. Some will run to politicians who are in their back pocket to 'do something to stop this' while others will roll up their sleeves and get to work creating EVs of their own.

David N | July 28, 2017

"How many competitor CEOs will be watching tonight"
very few, if any.
the ones that do, probably more out of intrigue than competition.

engwicht | July 28, 2017

I know that all German car manufacturer are very alert about Tesla. They even use fear of TESLA it to rally it's staff. They will watch it tomorrow morning latest on Monday. Not sure they gonna watch 6am tonight. But it's a HUGE deal for them. I know it.

noleaf4me | July 28, 2017

ALL OF THEM.....maybe while sitting on the toilet....

Tesla2018 | July 28, 2017

Wonder how many of them sent their employees to stand in line the first day so that they would be the first ones to get them in order to do reverse engineering on them. Also wonder how many used car stealerships sent their employees to stand on line to place orders with $1000 telling them to register the cars in their personal names and then the dealership would pay for the car and have the employee "sell " the car to the dealership so they could resell it over list.

elephant in a bottle | July 28, 2017

And how many among them secretly love a Tesla car..

rbortins | July 28, 2017

None