Forums

"Your selection allows us to inform you when new options become available."

Noticed this text on the Model 3 Delivery Estimate page, under the Save button when selecting either First Production, Standard Battery or Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive:

(SAVE BUTTON)

If I remember correctly, it used to say something to the effect of "Your selection does not affect your place in line"

weluvm3 | August 15, 2017

Does this mean that if I don't make the "right" selection, I won't be informed about certain options?

I don't like that....

KP in NPT | August 15, 2017

It definitely changed.

andy.connor.e | August 15, 2017

Im forgoing the AWD for premium interior. 9 times out of 10, if the snow is bad enough outside that i will NEED AWD to get through it, that will typically be a day that no one goes into work... And like its been mentioned before, is also a time when you dont want to be on the road with other people who dont have AWD, and having to watch out for their driving.

Its probably just ultimately a smarter choice not to drive on a day like that. Acceleration is irrelevant to me. Money well invested i'd say.

stevenmaifert | August 16, 2017

@Fiddlesticks - Tesla could have said it better. I think what they mean is by selecting one of the three configurations, they will inform you when your selected configuration becomes available.