Forums

2017 - Tesla Model X - Aug 28th Production Vehicle - Unable to update new Firmware's

2017 - Tesla Model X - Aug 28th Production Vehicle - Unable to update new Firmware's

My Tesla Model X Production date was Aug 28th with AP 2.5 version. Took delivery on Sep 30th. After the delivery I got several Firmware updates, But Could not install any one. Called Tesla Customer Service and My Service Station. They are saying Vehicles with AP 2.5 had issues during that time and they had to replace Clutter in FWD. The guy I spoke in Service Center told me he will order new Clutter for me but could not predict when it will arrive. Its been more than week and no update so far.

Has any one had this similar situation. Please reply. Do you know how long it takes to get the new parts to the Service Station.

nutner | October 29, 2017

Not sure what clutter is, but I am also unable to update to 2017.42.1. Prior updates did work though. Contacting the SC tomorrow for suggestions.

chuckgrim | October 29, 2017

I have the same problem. I am on 17-34 software and have failed several software updates. I am waiting for falcon wing doors sensors on the bottom of each door. My model x has been in the service center for over a week for this. Be careful when opening the falcon wing doors next to close objects. The sensors that prevent the doors from hitting objects do not work any more on mine. It is supposed to be a software problem that prevents the sensors from talking to the computer. I have autopilot 2.5 also.