Installation of our Tesla Energy solar panels and two Powerwalls has just been completed. We are awaiting the followup inspections, so the system is not operational at this time. I have some questions about using the Backup Gateway (BUG) that the installers could not answer, and phone calls and emails to Tesla are so far unanswered. (Phone support is always "assisting other customers," and leaving my phone number has not resulted in a callback.) So, I am posting my questions here. (My intention is to use the cellular and wired ethernet connections, and not the Wifi connection.)
1) My android Tesla application, which we were already using for our Model S, does not "see" our system, even though the BUG is powered up. The Tesla electrician says that it should work, but it is not. Instead, the app displays sales information for a solar system. How can I get the app to connect to our system?
2) The BUG is presumably a Wifi access point. Like every other access point I've ever had in our house, can I enable standard security features (e.g. hide the SSID, enable MAC filtering, encryption)?
3) Can I disable/turn off the Wifi interface completely so that it is not broadcasting anything?
4) Is there a user manual for the BUG?
5) It appears that I am able to access some kind of web interface via the wired ethernet connection via our PC web browser. The Tesla electrician was unsure, but thought that this was for service technicians only. Is this interface usable for normal system configuration and control by the user (me)?