Forums

Suggestion for Forum, Separate owners from non-owners

Suggestion for Forum, Separate owners from non-owners

Set up the Forum so when you log in you see only the owners posts.
Then one could have a public link.
Just an idea. The repetitious FUD posts are taking up too much forum real estate. It would save time for some actual factual information from owners.

Mike83 | April 16, 2018

We have enough owners now to make the forum more intelligent.

Mike83 | April 16, 2018

Russian Trolls are busy

EVRider | April 16, 2018

This has been discussed before, but plenty of owners don't know what they're talking about, and plenty of non-owners do. A lot of the FUD posts come from dissatisfied owners.

SCCRENDO | April 16, 2018

No IQ or knowledge test to buy a Tesla. Just look at some of the posts from owners such as our weatherman Mitch and Remnant. The forum works well overall. They just need to address our cyber attacks.

Mike83 | April 16, 2018

I don't believe what I mean is understood.
When I log in I would like to just see owners posts; instead of having to view other posts. Then a link to all posts. Reverse the priority. Of course there are misinformed owners but they would be easier to spot and attempt to enlighten or ignore.

lilbean | April 16, 2018

That's a great idea!

EVRider | April 16, 2018

I still prefer the current setup. Besides, there’s no chance of Tesla making changes to how the forum works, especially if it’s not a change everyone wants. We all want a search feature, but we’re still waiting...

SCCRENDO | April 17, 2018

Spam Bump

Mike83 | April 17, 2018

Thanks lilbean. I need more consensus.

Does America have any plans to unite and stop the BS?
The Russians who love fossil fuels are taking over the US covertly. When are Americans going to wake up?

Remnant | April 17, 2018

@Mike83 (April 16, 2018)

<< When I log in I would like to just see owners posts; instead of having to view other posts. ... Of course there are misinformed owners but they would be easier to spot and attempt to enlighten or ignore. >>

Instead, though, when I log in, I'd like to just see owners posts by Americans who respect and support the US Constitution, especially the Bill of Rights.

SaSoTs and AGW/ACC bigots along with their fake news and Apocalyptic FUD should quit infesting our Forums.

Mike83 | April 17, 2018
Remnant | April 17, 2018

@Remnant (April 17, 2018)

In addition, any belief that @Mike83 might enlighten anyone would be a delusion, 'cause he ain't havin' no lights.

@Brain_Remnant. Mike is a very knowledgeable guy. He is also a retired marine biologist who cares about the environment and posts great links. You on the other hand are rude, ignorant, bigoted and seem to be confused about most facts. You have never commented on having any credentials or expertise in anything and by the nature of your posts I would doubt you are very educated. So forgive us for not taking you too seriously.

lilbean | April 17, 2018

@Mike83 I am growing tired of the advice, comments, and outrageous speculation by people who want to hurt the brand or have no skin in the game.

Mike83 | April 17, 2018

SCCRENDO Thanks for the Kudos but I studied Marine Biology and SCUBA as a sideline. I was working in Physical Biochemistry in various fields. Then also changed careers a few times enjoying all the opportunites available for those people willing to WORK for a living unlike the lazy bums who seem to have a pHd in Gossip.
Having the rembrain not agree with me is an honor.

Mike83 | April 17, 2018

lilbean. Agree. Less BS to have to skim over.

lilbean | April 17, 2018

And it would very useful when there are 365 plus spam threads.

Remnant | April 17, 2018

@Mike83 (April 17, 2018)

<< ... I studied Marine Biology and SCUBA ... Then also changed careers a few times ...>> know

You know what the vernacular says about that kind of story, "Jack of all trades and master of none", except, perhaps, for that capitalized "sideline", SCUBA, as you often seem to be snorkeling while typing your posts.

Your flag count has been incremented.

@Brain_Remnant. Do you have any knowledge of marine biology? I bet not. I doubt you find too many climate change deniers among marine biologists. I guess you missed the part that he was a physical biochemist and only did marine biology as a sideline. And he loves to SCUBA. Most would suggest Mike is a smart guy. So what qualifications do you have beyond rudeness, bigotry and lack of comprehension of most topics???

Mike83 | April 18, 2018

I don't he is a owner but just a common troll

Mike83 | April 18, 2018

believe

SCCRENDO | April 18, 2018

Mike I believe he is an owner but also a common troll of the worst degree. Unfortunately we have them among us.

jordanrichard | April 18, 2018

Remnant, what car do you have and what is its VIN?

Tesla-David | April 18, 2018

@SCCRENDO, actually I am the retired marine biologist you were referring to as being @Mike83. I have a PhD from Emory University, and spent my professional life studying and working to protect the marine environment..

Tesla-David | April 18, 2018

I would also support @Mike83's proposal. Too much FUD and troll posting!

SUN 2 DRV | April 18, 2018

You are assuming that the spam threads can't infiltrate the owner's category. Owner flag is the wrong tool to solve the spam problem.

I agree. Removing non owners would improve the quality overall but as per the nature of some of our owners I not sure it would make that much difference. Also there are smart non-owners that add value to the discussions.

@jordanrichard. Remnant is too paranoid to divulge whether he is human versus high functioning primate. Good luck in getting his Vin.
@Tesla-David. Sorry about the confusion. I knew you were both smart folk who care about the environment. And I bet you knew your profession better than the weathermoron knows his. I bet they even taught you science and you showed up for classes and learned a whole lot. Of course being a marine biologist would not impress the brain_remnant.

TabascoGuy | April 18, 2018

I really hope you folks don't vote me off the island as I appreciate your insight.

As for the trolls, us non-owner enthusiasts don't much care for them either.

@tabascoGuy.. That is exactly my point. I was not aware you are a non owner and frankly there is a limited need for me to know it. I judge people by the merits of their posts. The only issue with non-owners are those who offer advice on a car that they have no experience with. I would like to see people showing supporting credentials on topics where they offer advice or strong opinions so we could all judge the merits of the advice or opinion. I vote to keep you on the island until you spill Tabasco on my pants. LOL. Just kidding.

TabascoGuy | April 18, 2018

Heh heh, thanks SCC.

Mike83 | April 19, 2018

The idea is not to stop non-owners but only to have a visible owners forum. Posts could then be made public instead of having to make it private upon logging in. Don't want to view everyone's posts since I may have an owners advice.
Easier to navigate saving to time getting information faster

jordanrichard | April 19, 2018

I too don't agree with the idea of kicking non owners off the island if you will. I first came to these forums in Nov 2013 after driving a Model S for the first time. It wasn't until late January 2014 that I placed my order and another 2 months for my car to show up. So for 4-4 1/2 months I came here to learn.

I do agree that to help new people identify owners from non owners, there be an identifier. Perhaps a small Tesla "T" next to our names.

lilbean | April 19, 2018

Someone started a thread on the Model 3 forum about how disappointing it was that the steering wheel didn't tilt and only moved forward and back. This person was not an owner and never read the manual. When ignorant people start threads like this and state false information as fact, it causes an unnecessary stir. This is why I would like to only read posts from owners.

Mike83 | April 19, 2018

Years ago the forum had some great advice, information and solutions. Many of these older posters have left as I had for a year also. The fudsters only need a few phony threads to disrupt the forum and make it worthless.
Just my opinion and no expectations.

lilbean | April 19, 2018

Unfortunately, there are a few creepy fudsters who have slipped through the cracks and are able to view private threads.

Mike83 | April 19, 2018

lilbean. No surprise but we can tell easily who they are. Ownership of a Tesla or putting down a deposit by competitors is a tactic used by anti-Tesla types. They have even purchased some Teslas to try to reverse engineer them. So even with wolves in sheeps clothing they come out in noticable ways. Still the forum would be more readable I think.

Mike83 | April 19, 2018

Forgot to add that the FUD coming from one poster is often times ASTROTURFED which takes up a lot of space.This might eliminate this type of scam.

lilbean | April 19, 2018

Those fudsters are relentless.

Ross1 | April 20, 2018

Thank you all.
And disappointed in you lilbean.

Mike83 | April 24, 2018

Still think my idea is a good one.

SCCRENDO | April 24, 2018

I usually always agree with you Mike but I am not with you on this one. I would be okay with a symbol stating ownership and length of, reservation holder vs non owner. But I am anti censorship,.

Mike83 | April 28, 2018

No censorship just owners rights to see what they want to see. Prefer some real info on all of Tesla products and real stories on SOLUTIONs. Make the forum useful and get rid of the BS

lilbean | April 28, 2018

This would be an easy solution to all the mess right now.

Tesla2018 | April 28, 2018

Cant owners flag spam posts so they get deleted? Or does a moderator or program delete posts or threads after a certakn number of owners flag a post.
I stay off the general thread because of all the climate change arguing but see that some owners flag anyone that disagrees with them. Sccrendo seems to be someone who has a meltdown and starts calling people names if they have an opposing viewpoint. But i think owners should have a way to delete obvious spam from the slimeball poster that clogging up the general forum with posts from some foreign country that make no sense.

SCCRENDO | April 28, 2018

@Tesla2018. You do not know me. I do not not have meltdowns. I prefer to deal in facts. And I enjoy good debates with people with opposing opinions who know what they are talking about, Unfiortunately you are one of those with opposing opinions who does not have too many facts at your disposal. So I guess that is why I upset you.

Mike83 | April 29, 2018

@SCCRENDO Don't concern yourself with the Climate Change deniers comments. They don't have a balanced view and try to butt in late in the conversation. What the caveman and other hacks have called you is very mean and uncalled for. Of course dealing in facts is very foreign to them. The scientific method is ignored in favor of politics.
Back to the topic. I still think my idea could save owners time and the fudsters could post all the BS they want but we don't need to even see any of it.

Tesla2018 | April 29, 2018

Sccrendo: You seem to get upset if people dont agree with you and mark them as flagged. It would be like flagging a person based on political party. I couldnt care less about climate change so I dont really care or want to waste my time reading the endless dribble between you and Mitch so I stay off the general forum. I am mainly interested in learning about Model3 but occasionally check the general forum since it has topics related to things about Tesla cars, superchargers, etc.
Tesla is a car company first, with interests in solar panels and energy savings second.
Going off on tangents like global warming is acceptable since cars generate pollution and electric cars tend to offset that. But then I dont want want to read in a year from now about the torque of a Tesla semi as compared to a Peterbuilt or Kenworth but Im sure truckers will start threads about giant trucks that people who are only interested in cars dont want to read about.

I wish this site would allow more sub categories since basically anything can go in the general category. It would be nice if it had other areas for climate change, Tesla aftermarket accessories, how to sections, etc.
This way we could only look in the categories than interest us.

Sccrendo: You seem to get upset if people dont agree with you and mark them as flagged. It would be like flagging a person based on political party. I couldnt care less about climate change so I dont really care or want to waste my time reading the endless dribble between you and Mitch so I stay off the general forum. I am mainly interested in learning about Model3 but occasionally check the general forum since it has topics related to things about Tesla cars, superchargers, etc.
Tesla is a car company first, with interests in solar panels and energy savings second.
Going off on tangents like global warming is acceptable since cars generate pollution and electric cars tend to offset that. But then I dont want want to read in a year from now about the torque of a Tesla semi as compared to a Peterbuilt or Kenworth but Im sure truckers will start threads about giant trucks that people who are only interested in cars dont want to read about.

I wish this site would allow more sub categories since basically anything can go in the general category. It would be nice if it had other areas for climate change, Tesla aftermarket accessories, how to sections, etc.
This way we could only look in the categories than interest us.

sorry for the double post. This site needs to let us erase and modify things.

SCCRENDO | April 29, 2018

@Tesla2018. You have appeared on these forums in the past with idiotic climate denier statements. I guess your first lesson would be that climate change is the crux of the Tesla mission and thus it occupies prime position on the Tesla General forum. If you appeared on these forums with serious questions many of us old timers would love to share our experiences with you. I have close to 150000 miles of Tesla experience in 5 years on a Model S and 3. Let’s get this straight. I could care less about idiots like you. You are totally ignorant and that is why you are not well tolerated. The problem is that you troll forums with interjections that are totally BS and interupt the free flow of information. If you had any knowledge and could discuss a few facts you would be well tolerated and indeed welcomed. I am very patient with little children. However none of us here wish to be your nanny. And please don’t pride your self that you are even worthy of a meltdown. You are just being reminded that you don’t know what you are talking about and to return when you learn something.

Pages