Forums

FUD Is Getting Hilarious

FUD Is Getting Hilarious

Some headlines from today:

Former Tesla Employee Claims Gigafactory 1 Involved In Drug Trafficking Activities, Spies on employees
(They're also stealing copper by the truckload)

Martin Tripp Releases VIN numbers of Model 3s He Claims Were Equipped With Punctured Battery Packs
Could Elon Musk Lose Control of Tesla? - CNN Money
It's Time for Tesla To Call In A Grown-Up To Keep Elon Musk In Check - CNN Money
Tesla Will Lose Money On A Cheaper Model 3, Analyst Says - Marketwatch (Have they talked to Sandy Munro?)
SEC Pressing Tesla Directors On What Elon Musk Told Them About Potential Deal

Most of the above is garbage. Tripp released some VIN numbers. The fired employee, come on, what's next a sex trafficking subsidiary? What grown up would that be? Yet another stuffed shirt "professional"? Ask Apple how that worked out with John Scully brought in to make Steve Jobs grow up. These guys just don't get it -- Silicon Valley CEOs aren't your daddy's CEOs. These guys are visionary entrepreneurs, not country club types.

Meanwhile...
Tesla gave analysts a tour of the Fremont factory to see the Model 3 Line at Work. They came away impressed.

They now believe 8,000 by the end of the year will happen. This is what is important. The rest of it is FUD floated by desperate shorts, oil company fronts, etc.

Madatgascar | August 16, 2018

You forgot Azealia Banks’ sordid story....

carlk | August 16, 2018

Only shorts want Elon out. I guess they all have Tesla and its stock's welfare in mind. Good that only stock holders can vote not shorts.

RadOne | August 16, 2018

The Board can fire the CEO at any time. They do not need shareholder approval.

quinney | August 16, 2018

More hysterical than hilarious.

dmm1240 | August 17, 2018

Doesn't sound like the board is considering dumping Musk to me. Here is the third from last paragraph in the NYT article published tonight:

In response to questions for this article, Tesla provided a statement that it attributed to its board, excluding Elon Musk. “There have been many false and irresponsible rumors in the press about the discussions of the Tesla board,” the statement said. “We would like to make clear that Elon’s commitment and dedication to Tesla is obvious. Over the past 15 years, Elon’s leadership of the Tesla team has caused Tesla to grow from a small start-up to having hundreds of thousands of cars on the road that customers love, employing tens of thousands of people around the world, and creating significant shareholder value in the process.”

They sound more pissed with the press than with Musk.

dmm1240 | August 17, 2018

Quinney:

Hysterical might be the better word indeed.

I haven't seen an all out assault on a company like this since Enron. Enron deserved it; Tesla doesn't.

Tesla-David | August 17, 2018

I am sick of all the anti Tesla, especially the anti EM hit pieces. It must be very stressful for EM right now. I despise these worthless scumbags parading as so called journalists.

carlk | August 17, 2018

Media just sell to their audiences. A lot of idiots out there hate Elon. Even Einstein was ridiculed by many people at his time. If you can not create relativity theory at least you can ridicule it.

Madatgascar | August 17, 2018

Elon, hope you keep your sense of humor through all this. Just tune it out and know that most of us see through it.

RedShift | August 17, 2018

The board won’t fire Elon. Elon is too important, I think they might find him a capable lieutenant or two to take some of the immediate pressure off.

RedShift | August 17, 2018

The deal, though will trigger close scrutiny from the US government. As with the other decisions, Trump will be fair, balanced, and not let personal feelings get in the way. Heh.

Tesla-David | August 17, 2018

Who in the hell are you @mos6507? EM has done more in his life than scumbags like you will never come close to doing even if you had 20 lifetimes.

SCCRENDO | August 17, 2018

Mos is apparently a troll who frequents the Model 3 boards. He apparently tries to short Tesla. Someone suggested he has a half assed column for some rag in a one horse town.

Mike83 | August 18, 2018

Elon's success is the best revenge. The losers only know how to gossip and lie. But their ill gained money will never satisfy them. They are lost.

Tesla-David | August 18, 2018

@mos should be permanently banned. I am sick of seeing his rants against Tesla/EM. He is definitely a troll.

Mike83 | August 18, 2018

The FUDsters have convinced me to vote to go Private. We owners know they are so full of BS usually ignore them. But it would make the Forums more useful without all the phony owners and anti-Tesla comments.
But I agree those posters who take up space and contribute nothing concrete should be permanently banned.

i would vote all my shares to go private in a heart beat. The level of civil discourse on Tesla forums lately has gone south and would be much improved if it was limited to owners or those who have deposit down on Tesla products.

Mike83 | August 18, 2018

mos flagged

Orthopod | August 18, 2018

mos6507
What is your purpose in life

Flagged, I will be flagging this scumbags posts every time I see them.

SamO | August 18, 2018

Bought TSLA.
Then bought Model S.
Then bought Model 3.

Now, most of my friends and family have seen the light. Nobody is buying oil and gas EVER AGAIN. Within my immediate circle, I have more than a dozen friends with either active Model 3 reservations or who have already taken delivery of their new car.

Many thanks to the bullshit artists and liars on these boards and in the mainstream media . . . your lies have proven to them that they have to vote with their dollars and take action by buying the car and the company.

They used to be on the fence, but when it was clear the forces arrayed against Tesla, they stood up to take action. My dad just replaced his 2013 S85 with a S100D. My friend in Atlanta is taking delivery of his Model 3 on Monday. My old CEO has six Model 3 reservation (1 for each executive employee) and those cars will be delivered over the next 3-6 months.

You cannot jawbone Tesla and make them fail. We owners will continue to give test rides, talk about Tesla and help accelerate the advent of sustainable energy.

SCCRENDO | August 18, 2018

Mos has the right to post so give the schmuck a break. It looks like we flagged his crap anyway. He has been outed on the Model 3 forum so I guess he is phishing. Perhaps he should be change his handle to ass.

Remnant | August 19, 2018

@mos6507 (August 17, 2018)

<< He's not God's gift to mankind.>>

Well, if not, he's the best icon of one, even if he doesn't always behave or write that way.

Nor are his admirers blind sycophants.

Many of us on these fora have been critically discussing his achievements or proposing corrections or additions to them.

RedShift | August 19, 2018

@rennant

Mos is an armchair quarterback.
He has short interest in TSLA, so choose to ignore and flag, as you see fit.

silverslim1 | August 19, 2018

Bought 20 more shares of TSLA. Elon doesn't lose. One day the shorts will figure that out.

mos6507 | August 20, 2018

I am an armchair quarterback but have no vested interest in Tesla other than a teetering Model 3 reservation.