Forums

Chicago Westmont Delivery Delayed

Chicago Westmont Delivery Delayed

I was slated for pickup 9/24, got all my financing stuff done today. I get a call saying im delayed till 9/29. Anyone else from Chi have this issue?

jcjoseph | September 29, 2018

Congrats DD.

Marion - take a deep breath. Who knows what type of ride you’re in for.

grahamcrackerscomics | September 29, 2018

@jcjoseph - sorry to hear how everything went - so glad they are taking care of you!

@ddnewcomb - Congratulations - so glad it went well (finally) - all the disappointments start becoming distant memories now.

@MarionJack - my biggest problem with all of this was the LACK OF COMMUNICATION, I'm fairly easy going if someone TELLS me what's going on. There's a very good chance they will get you taken care of in the coming week. My first cancellation said they would get a hold of me with a new delivery date in 'a few weeks' - turned out to be a few days.

RedScooter | September 29, 2018

It is happening... I just checked in and waiting for documentation folks to free up. It is getting busy and lot of folks here to help.

Paperwork done in less than 5 minutes. They have me waiting for the car to be detailed - 30 minutes with already. At this time the are more Tesla employees than customers (2:1). My mobile app start showing the car but mobile access is disabled.

multimediawill | September 29, 2018

Anyone have success today at Westmont?

MrMumbles | September 29, 2018

Just got a message saying that my car is not at the Westmont dealership but it is in the Chicagoland area. I called the dealership, no answer v-mail was full. I called back and was directed to Tesla HQ where they read the text messages back to me and that they will reach out once they know better. We live in a world with GPS and ETAs. How can they not know if the car is going to be in Westmont today if it is already in "Chicagoland?"

MrMumbles | September 29, 2018

Delivery just pushed from 5 to 7...

cameronwmcrae | September 29, 2018

I had a highland park 11:30am pickup. Got a message at 11:15 coming in from the city, while I was almost there that the car was delayed 3.5- 4.5 hours.
I then got a text an hr later telling me my car was going to be delivered to me at home. I was waiting in highland park already and then had got no response as to where I was actually getting the car, at my house or highland park.
I Called close to 10 times rarely anyone answered. I just wanted to know where i should be as I didn't want to wait around all day. They couldn't answer any questions and kept telling me they'd call me back and barely ever actually did.

4pm finally get through at the highland park store, they tell me my car will be delivered to my house, no estimate on time, but will give me free service and super charging for a year for my troubles, and a Lyft ride home to the city.
A really big pain as it's wasted 6 hours of my time on a Saturday, and no one could answer a basic question. We will see if I actually get my car tonight, but I've already paid for the car through financing, so I'm sure I'm on the backburner now since they have my money.
Communication has been terrible, really awful experience, but at least I have free super charging for a year...

Brought mine("Tiger Cub") home today - it is a beauty and drives like a dream. AWD, OBM, White Interior, 19"; I'm coming from a Audi S series. Took about two hours for them to get my car out - this I believe was due to the schedule change I made two days ago (from 6pm to 10am). The car was apparently marked as 6pm schedule and there was a confusion. Tried charging mine at Bollingbrook supercharger on my way home.

Hang in folks - worth a wait.

Naudi123 | September 29, 2018

My appointment was at 3:30pm today. Luckily it was so busy that I had ample time to inspect my car in the back lot. Once again I was disappointed. I rejected my first multicoat red vehicle due to paint quality and this 2nd vehicle had more issues than the first. The amount of paint contaminants was shocking and in my personal opinion would need a total repaint. On top of that there was a decent chip in the paint on the driver front and rear door. It looks like something was wedged inbetwen and the doors closed in on it. I ending up finding a Tesla employee and said that I’m not taking the car in this condition and left. Westmont was packed today! I’ve been pretty patient and will try one last time with another vehicle.

Happened to be driving by the Westmont Tesla dealership at 8:50 pm tonight and holy cow was it packed - employees - customers everywhere. Tried to pull in to see if I could help some of the people waiting around with questions about their cars but couldn't find ANYWHERE to park.

Lots of anxious people - I hope some of the boards regular posters got their cars tonight!
Please tell us your stories tomorrow when you've had a chance to breathe!

Happened to be driving by the Westmont Tesla dealership at 8:50 pm tonight and holy cow was it packed - employees - customers everywhere. Tried to pull in to see if I could help some of the people waiting around with questions about their cars but couldn't find ANYWHERE to park.

Lots of anxious people - I hope some of the boards regular posters got their cars tonight!
Please tell us your stories tomorrow when you've had a chance to breathe!

jcjoseph | September 30, 2018

Congrats Red!

I’m enjoying my Cadillac courtesy of Tesla! I had a dream last night that it was snowing and I was still driving the Cadillac. Noooooooo.

Grapplingarts | September 30, 2018

Naudi123
Any information as to which vin it was that you declined?

Naudi123 | September 30, 2018

VIN: 97495, MCR with white interior and 19” wheels. It was parked in spot B13 when I left last night. There were tons of people just hanging around waiting for their car. I believe some were waiting 4+ hours.

cameronwmcrae | September 30, 2018

Got my baby yesterday at 615, it was dropped off to my house in bucktown. No issues at all with the car. It mint condition, paint looks great, drives like a dream.
Obs black metallic, AWD LR, non-p 19" wheels, EAP.

Very easy process for drop off, but waiting on title, registration and plates...

MrMumbles | September 30, 2018

@cameronwmcrae, that's awesome. I had a fairly similar car build but throughout the day I was told that my car wasn't at the dealership but in "Chicagoland." The dealership scheduled me for a delivery for today. I didn't receive a call or text, nothing. I have no clue where the car is. I signed the paperwork for the Tesla yesterday and my loan started; now i have no Telsa, no title for my Audi and will have to make a payment before they start to answer phones again...

MrMumbles | October 1, 2018

Delivery schedule was removed from my account. It went back to saying that I should expect my car between Sept and Nov. WTF!?!?!

Tgarvey284 | October 1, 2018

I was originally scheduled for Sept. 25 and got a call on Sept. 19 to reschedule to Oct. 3 because the car was still "in transit." As of now I'm still on the schedule for Wednesday at 11:30, and today I got the link to my MVPA with my original VIN (103XXX) and an active "Make a Payment" button, which I take as good signs. I'll be waiting to make payment after I've inspected & accepted.

We haven't heard much from posters scheduled for Westmont over the last few days, so I'm also considering that as a good sign.

I'll update as things progress.

I'm actually allowing myself to get excited now!

jcjoseph | October 1, 2018

I am so envious of you guys and your new Model 3s. All I can say is I am enjoying my free Cadilac rental courtesy of Tesla. I would like for nothing more than a date of delivery but I am now back to sometime between now and November. Maybe I should just forgo the Tesla and put my money on the Audi electric car. I’m not frustrated. No not at all…

cameronwmcrae | October 1, 2018

Did anyone receive there car and actually get a front license plate?
62,000 $ for the damn car, and it's not even street legal in IL. Wtf?

ddnewcomb | October 2, 2018

@cameronwmcrae; I never put plates on the front of any of my IL cars. Only time in the last 15 + years that I got a ticket was when I was parked in the Ohare parking lot, and that was probably 13-14 years ago. Please, please don't put your front plate on your Tesla. It's such a beauty of a car and that front plate destroys that look. haha (I'm not kidding though).

@jcjoseph: do not give up the dream...it will come and the wait will be worth it; I went thru 4 delivery dates before I got it and this car rocks.

RedScooter | October 2, 2018

@Tgarvey284- good luck, I'm optimistic for you as well. Hope everything goes smoothly.

SION1771 | October 2, 2018

In the early '00s I was in the city a lot and have many fistfuls of tickets for no front plate. I'd love to not put one on but I'll really hear it from the missus when we get that first ticket.

OTOH, once I got pulled over for speeding 20+ and talked my way down to a ticket for no front plate. Well worth the other tickets I got in the big picture.

I feel they go easy on Corvettes, who have a similar front end (hard to plate) design.

SION1771 | October 2, 2018

In the early '00s I was in the city a lot and have many fistfuls of tickets for no front plate. I'd love to not put one on but I'll really hear it from the missus when we get that first ticket.

OTOH, once I got pulled over for speeding 20+ and talked my way down to a ticket for no front plate. Well worth the other tickets I got in the big picture.

I feel they go easy on Corvettes, who have a similar front end (hard to plate) design.

Tgarvey284 | October 2, 2018

Thanks, RedScooter. My enthusiasm was a bit premature. I found out today that my car is “in Chicago” but not at Westmont, so now I’m scheduled for Friday. Here’s hoping. At least I got two calls from my DA, who has been as helpful as possible given things beyond her control.

multimediawill | October 2, 2018

I was supposed to have a delivery today 10/2, but I called and they said my car is in a lot somewhere in West Chicago and that I won’t be able to take delivery today. Rescheduled for Thursday 10/4. Annoyed but trying to be as patient as possible. Really hoping Thursday doesn’t fall through as well.

sinixter | October 2, 2018

Be strong all, well worth the wait :)

sdjcne | October 3, 2018

Got my financing all set. Check in hand. Signed MVPA and all financing is tied to the VIN. Get a call the day before delivery that it's cancelled as a control unit needs to be replaceed. That's fine as long as they don't change the vehicle. Two days before the due date the VIN gets changed. I spend fours hours at the bank yesterday closing out the loan, handing back the check, and processing a new loan with the new VIN. I get home and receive the new MVPA and sign it electronically. Thirty minutes later I get an email that the delivery for the 3rd (today) is rescheduled and the VIN disappears from my account. The bank is completely bewildered as they've never had to reverse a loan like this. If they change the VIN again I'm done.

gyarmp | October 3, 2018

Rescheduled for the 3rd time, now to 10/6 with a new VIN. One can hope...

multimediawill | October 3, 2018

Called today and they said my car will arrive today and I’m on schedule for tomorrow delivery. Hoping this sticks! Round 2 delivery attempt.

jcjoseph | October 5, 2018

It's beyond bewildering that Tesla representatives do not return phone calls. Out of frustration, I went to the Westmont showroom to get an update on my Model 3. They were able to show me my new VIN with a slated train arrival in Chicago of 10/13. Sharing that information must have been too difficult for someone to tell me over the phone ... I'm hoping that 10/13 translates into Westmont pick-up of 10/15-16. In the meantime, I continue to enjoy my top of the line Cadillac rental courtesy of Tesla.

jcjoseph | October 5, 2018

@ multimedia and @gyarmp -- good luck. I'm on Round 4 delivery attempt.

Tgarvey284 | October 5, 2018

Third time was the charm! Picked up at 1:00 today. Car was charged to 279 miles/90%, fit & finish are perfect. My DA Vivian was very responsive over the last week and CJ did a great job of walking me through everything. There were only a couple of other buyers there, though plenty of M3s on site. CJ said they delivered 200 cars last Saturday and that it was a madhouse.

The car (LR AWD MSM) is a true pleasure to drive and acceleration is crazy. My daughter said it felt like being on an amusement park ride. For those of you still waiting, I hope you have as good of an experience as I did. It will be worth the wait.

gyarmp | October 6, 2018

Success, at last. Westmont was very quiet today around noon, according to the delivery guys they're more organized now after the last weeks of chaos. Despite the low VIN (49xxx) my car is perfect, no major misalignment, no paint issues. The car (after a Kia it feels more like a spaceship) is a joy to drive. There is a parking lot behind the delivery center where the cars are stored, found my car before the appointment and had plenty of time to check it. Delivery took an hour from check in to departure, and didn't feel rushed at all. Everybody was super helpful. Good luck to those who are still waiting!

cameronwmcrae | October 8, 2018

Glad people are starting to finally get their cars.

I just noticed one of the big paint flaws on my car (didnt see it first day when i received the car as it was gloomy and was so damn excited) Looks like someone tried to use an electric buffer and f*cked up the paint on the hood. Really annoying. I've also had a couple of issues where my car is locking up when i go to turn it on after not driving... No updates have been made, so not sure why it is locking up on me.

Also havent actually received my "Free Year of Super Charging or service" posting to my account as promised...

Love the car, but not happy that the software is being a bit glitchy in the car and CS is still not responding to me about my free charging. Wondering when my car will get pushed the new V9 software...

jcjoseph | October 9, 2018

I have a date of this Saturday to pick up my car. Well it says that on my reservation. But I've been to this movie before. 3 times as a matter of fact. I'm currently 0 for 3 in deliveries. Today, I called Westmont to see if this date is for real or if it's a Tesla placeholder. The woman in Delivery said she'd look into it and call me back. Think they returned my call? HA!. I called the Delivery Agent first assigned to me -- Maureen Pawlicki. I don't know what I was thinking. She's never returned one of my calls. And her record remains in tack. The only way I get a response from Tesla is to go to the Westmont showroom. That's the game plan tomorrow. At least they've rented me a Cadillac. But I'd much rather have my M3.

Naudi123 | October 9, 2018

Jcjoseph: I’m in a similar situation with Westmont where I was promised a follow up and nothing happens. Recently rejected my vehicle because of extensive paint imperfections and damage to the car. How this was ever overlooked is beyond me. What’s more shocking is that I’ve told 3 separate Tesla employees that I’m rejecting the current vehicle and somehow I still get calls that my vehicle is ready for pickup. I’m starting to get a bit nervous that they won’t deliver me a vehicle before the end of the year.

Here’s a slideshow of the damages I found on the recent delivery attempt:

https://youtu.be/W0POXN7Efxw

Jcjoseph: I’m in a similar situation with Westmont where I was promised a follow up and nothing happens. Recently rejected my vehicle because of extensive paint imperfections and damage to the car. How this was ever overlooked is beyond me. What’s more shocking is that I’ve told 3 separate Tesla employees that I’m rejecting the current vehicle and somehow I still get calls that my vehicle is ready for pickup. I’m starting to get a bit nervous that they won’t deliver me a vehicle before the end of the year.

Here’s a slideshow of the damages I found on the recent delivery attempt:

https://youtu.be/W0POXN7Efxw

jcjoseph | October 9, 2018

@naudi - Those chips are unacceptable. Good luck!

It’s just beyond the chips. The front fender has what looks like small little craters and the door sill areas has bubbles/sand or whatever it is in the clear coat. Sad to say but I’m pretty fed up with this whole experience. Between obtaining and cancelling bank checks from my credit union due to unacceptable cars and the non-communication, I’m about to actually call it quits. First day reservation holder and still have no idea if I’m going to get an actual car this year that doesn’t have damage on multiple panels.

jcjoseph | October 10, 2018

I share in your pain. Because no one returned a phone call, I had to go to Westmont today just to hear that "We think your car will be here Saturday. We will call you on Friday." Sad thing is, I don't believe them. The Delivery folks are well-intentioned but poorly trained. They are overwhelmed with a problem not of their making and apparently the concept of returning a phone call is foreign to them. It defies the imagination.

cmg.shs | October 10, 2018

Received a call from the delivery team that my car will arrive on the 21st so I am scheduled to take delivery on the 22nd at Westmont, hope thats actually true.

jcjoseph | October 10, 2018

@cmg -- I wonder why your delivery time frame is nearly two weeks out. I'm glad you got a call from your DA. It's amazing they're calling you about a delivery in 11 days but I hear nothing about my delivery in three days.

cmg.shs | October 10, 2018

I received the MVPA tonight as well and it shows a vin 038, seems low. I know VIN shouldn't matter, but it also says that its new but a service/demo unit so that also scares me a little bit.

jcjoseph | October 11, 2018

I have not received my new MVPA yet. Can you elaborate on your Vin 038? What three numbers from your Vin are these and what is the significance?

gyarmp | October 11, 2018

https://electrek.co/2017/07/18/tesla-model-3-vin-decoder/

The last six digits are perfectly sequential for Model S and X, and sometimes for Model 3, so one can use this to decipher whether it was an early make or more recent. The problem with this for Model 3 is that Tesla left stretches of VINs unused, supposedly to block this process. My VIN is also relatively low (049xxx), but was made in August. Here is a tracker: https://twitter.com/model3vins?lang=en

jcjoseph | October 11, 2018

The first three of my VIN are 094

jcjoseph | October 12, 2018

Finally got the call today. I just told my car was on a truck in Iowa and should be in Westmont tomorrow. They have confirmed a 5:30 PM delivery in Westmont. All signs are good. May the 4th delivery attempt be the one that works!

jcjoseph | October 12, 2018

Finally got the call today. I just told my car was on a truck in Iowa and should be in Westmont tomorrow. They have confirmed a 5:30 PM delivery in Westmont. All signs are good. May the 4th delivery attempt be the one that works!

Pages