Forums

No sound when using radio.

No sound when using radio.

My Model S 75D is brand new, collected it yesterday.
There is no sound coming from the speakers when I try to use dab-radio, even if the screen shows that the stations are found.
Can anyone help?

Temo75D | September 21, 2018

Temo

rednairb | September 21, 2018

reboot. It happens to me every so often, and a reboot fixes it.

akikiki | September 22, 2018

Two things it might be. As silly as this sounds, have you used the left scroll wheel to increase the volume?

Next, my three S's have lost the signal each time I drive away from the house transitioning from wifi to 3G/LTE.
Easy way to fix this (each time) is use the left side buttons to move up or down to another station. You can even move up/down and back to same station if you wish.

Temo75D | September 22, 2018

How do I reboot?

EVRider | September 22, 2018

Press and hold the two scroll wheels on the steering wheel until the touchscreen turns off.

kerryglittle | September 23, 2018

The odd time my UBS stalls too. Simple reboot fixes it.

Anthony J. Parisio | September 23, 2018

A full reboot is:
While pressing the brake, press both scroll wheels until the big screen reboots.
Still pressing the brake, press both buttons above the scroll wheels until the driver screen reboots.
(This takes much longer.)
Once all is restarted (including WiFi or LTE is resorted) if problem still persists, Go to the E-brake screen in the center screen and power down the car for 3 minutes. Use the brake pedal to restart the car.

DHrivnak | December 13, 2018

It happened to me today. 100 miles in silence as nothing, not even the microphone would work. This happened a couple of times and a simple reboot took care of it. But not today as even after 4 reboots we were still quiet. I finally get home and in a few minutes go back and all works. Aggravating.

BPSoCal | December 13, 2018

You can reboot the screens while driving. I’ve done it. A little weird because the turn signals don’t make noise, but the car runs and everything needed to drive works.

Daryl | January 24, 2019

This has happened to me a couple of times, no sound at all, even turn signals. No microphone. A reboot didn't fix it.

I read on this forum that if you open and close the charge port, it will fix it. I tried it the last time this happened, and it worked.

Something about opening the charge port forces the car to reset some things.

sbchroman | July 24, 2019

Thank you everyone for all the above suggestions, nothing worked, absolutely nothing. Tried everything above, even opening and closing the charge port. Then I decided to see if anything had sound. Yes, navigation had sound. Yes, turn signals made that obnoxious noise. No, I could not stream anything from my phone to the radio either. Then I called myself from the screen. It went immediately to voicemail, I turned it off..... Then lo and behold, the radio sound came back. Maybe another one of those quirky fixes. Try it out.

akikiki | July 24, 2019

... I turned it off. What did you turn off, the phone or the car?

jtsanders | October 21, 2019

Thanks sbchroman!!

I have had this "no music" problem all day and tried all the reboots and power off ideas with no luck, so I just decided to try your "call myself from the screen" idea...as you said, it went directly to voicemail (which makes sense because since I was Bluetooth connected I was calling TO the same number I was calling FROM). Anyways, after VM picked up (which I heard over the car speakers) I just hung up the call and then tried the music again and it was working fine. Crazy, but it worked! So relieved.

welajust3d1 | October 21, 2019

I find that I am rebooting my model S every two days due to something not working correctly. What kind of interval on reboot do you guys have?

gridley1950 | October 21, 2019

My MS wouldn't start a couple of times after the last update, (10). It wouldn't come to life with my foot on the brake like usual, for about 30 seconds each time. It was very weird! But REBOOT! Everything is good! Of course I DID have people with me to witness it. :(

dsteal | October 21, 2019

I had a few "system not ready" messages too where the car didn't start. It's funny to have to reboot your car. As long as you have the time and it's not a bad place for that kind of stuff, of course.

kawdennis | October 22, 2019

This happened to my music a few years ago, somewhere on the touchscreen is a little icon with a line going through it, it was on mute, I could hardy see it, but when I pressed it the music started again