Forums

V9: Slacker-Intermittently Skipping Every Song On Every Station

V9: Slacker-Intermittently Skipping Every Song On Every Station

Happening on both cars since we got V9. Every song seems to skip a few seconds every few minutes or so. Annoying.

‘17 S75 & X75D: (Uncorked AP2.5 Bio 42.2)*2. Grin on!

kcsyaktown | November 4, 2018

I have an S75 and took it to the service center. After days of trying to troubleshoot with the engineers, they said it was a problem with the combination of Slacker and the USB using dashcam. They said it should be fixed with the next software update. I got the new update, but it still isn't fixed. Turning off the recording feature does improve the situation. I seems to only happen with slacker for mine. No problems with tune-in, radio, or bluetooth. So I don't know if they really know how to fix it.

TranzNDance | November 4, 2018

I had the skipping issue before I used the dash cam function. Today, it wouldn't play music at all even though I tried different favorites which in the past would snap Slacker out of its funk.

ItI rebooted but it didn't make a difference. I'll try to remove the USB drive to see if that would help.

packpike | November 5, 2018

The TeslaCam connection makes sense. We have 2 vehicles on V9, my HW2.0 MX (no dash cam) and my wife’s HW2.5 MS (dash cam running). Slacker skips in her MS, but runs flawlessly in my MX.

Ohmster | November 6, 2018

Confirmed. Removed USB drive. No more skips.

‘17 S75 & X75D: (Uncorked AP2.5 Bio 42.2)*2. Grin on!

Ohmster | November 21, 2018

Fixed on SW 44. Might have been earlier, but certainly after 42.2.

‘17 S75 & X75D: (Uncorked AP2.5 Bio)*2, 44/42.2. Grin on!

Ohmster | November 21, 2018

Fixed on SW 44. Might have been earlier, but certainly after 42.2.

‘17 S75 & X75D: (Uncorked AP2.5 Bio)*2, 44/42.2. Grin on!

mdennick | November 21, 2018

I have a 2013 classic Model S, and since V9 I get lots of intermittent skips in Slacker. No USB drive attached (or dashcam obviously). It seems to be happening if there's spotty cell connectivity. When that would happen in the past sometimes there would be a pause in Slacker, but now it immediately skips.

I'm still on 42.2, so we'll see what happens when 44+ comes along.

Ohmster | November 28, 2018

It seems that sometimes when the red dot for recording on the dash cam goes off and the files are being saved (or something else is happening related to the dashcam/flashdrive), Slacker does skip a bit......

'17 S75 & X75D: (Uncorked AP2.5 Bio)*2, 44/42.2. Grin on!

AIA304 | November 28, 2018

Can’t utilize dash cam recording but having streaming changing to a different song during the middle of current song playback.

‘15 S85 AP1 2018.44

sean.m.kohler | October 28, 2019

I have a 2018 Model S P100D and Slacker randomly skips to the next track as well. Updated to V10, rebooted several times, etc yet issue still persists. Some of the above posts suggests removing the USB drive that I use for TeslaCam. I don't understand how that would be related in anyway but I will give it a try. Anybody experiencing the skipping phenomenon without a USB drive in place?

Bighorn | October 28, 2019

@sean
For some time, I’ve noted some particular songs won’t play past 30 seconds. Think it’s on Slacker’s end.

medawky | October 28, 2019

How are you all getting Slacker? Is that known as Streaming now? I have Streaming, Spotify and Tune In only.

TeslaTap.com | October 28, 2019

@medawky - The button "Streaming" is Slacker. Not sure why they didn't just name it Slacker.

medawky | October 28, 2019

@Telsa Tap.com Awesome, thanks for the info, I'm new here and new to my car so I'm slowly learning the vernacular.

akikiki | October 28, 2019

Lately, I experience a song jumping from one to the beginning or part way into another. And I only listen to two old 50's stations on Tune In. Nothing else. Happens more often on ABC 50's on Tune In and once in a while using American Fifties Radio.

Bighorn | October 28, 2019

I’ve also noticed several songs that start in the middle a couple months ago, though the progress bar showed it at the beginning.