Forums

Mobile app control shortcuts

Mobile app control shortcuts

The Tesla mobile app has three control shortcuts on the main screen, just below the color-correct representative image of the vehicle, one of which is for opening the front trunk (aka frunk). Am I the only one who wishes that the shortcut was for the rear trunk?

Teslaguy | January 15, 2019

Yes, it’s so easy to open the trunk with one finger.

VolleyballNE1 | January 15, 2019

Get a pixel 3 and the app has a shortcut for frunk, trunk, and unlock right in the notifications. I'm guessing all Android devices have that feature but can only speak for the pixel 3.

lunde | January 16, 2019

I use iOS, so it seems that there is some hope that the shortcuts will be expanded or become customizable.

EVRider | January 16, 2019

In the iOS app, if you select Controls from the main screen you can open the trunk from there.

lunde | January 16, 2019

@EVRider I know. My request is to also make it available on the main screen. I am not sure about others, but I use the trunk much more than the frunk.

EVRider | January 16, 2019

Unless you’re away from the car when you want to open the trunk, is it really easier to use the the app than to unlock and open using the trunk handle? The trunk lid doesn’t auto open, so you have to grab the lid either way.

lunde | January 16, 2019

I like to open the rear trunk as I am approaching the vehicle, so it's a personal preference thing. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the shortcuts will become configurable in a future iOS app update.

ICEMELT | January 16, 2019

@VolleyballNE1 I have Android and I seen these popup from time to time. Don't know the logic. They don't always show up

ICEMELT | January 16, 2019

I also installed the Tasker plugin. But its uses password, so disabled it. Need to figure out a better way to authenticate in the plugin. With Tasker plugin, I was able to have shortcuts to many functions right on my home screen.

mrb | June 13, 2019

I'm running 3.8.4-367 (Andriod) and the shortcuts within the ever-present notification have disappeared. They were there yesterday, gone today. Was this caused by an update to the app or is it something I did by accident? I liked the open-frunk shortcut.

mrb | June 14, 2019

Now the shortcuts are back. Same app version. Can somebody please explain?

alisse | June 14, 2019

@mrb proximity to vehicle perhaps? I have a Galaxy s9+ and I've never seen those notification shortcuts, FWIW.

styvwerx | June 15, 2019

I've installed the new struts on both Trunk and Frunk, and now I can ask Siri (with the right word sequence) to open either, as I approach the car. Might sound silly, but it makes my day at Costco.