Submitted by JIWONY on March 13, 2019
I purchased the Sandisk iXpand USB stick (128GB) because it has a Lightning adapter integrated right into the USB stick, so if there's a fender bender accident, I can immediately copy the dashcam footage to the iPhone and upload to the cloud.
- you need to reformat the USB drive from the NTFS format to the FAT32 format
- if you are formatting from a Mac, make sure you keep the scheme to be "Master Boot Record," not GUID. If you set it to GUID, you won't be able to access the files from your iPhone.
- don't forget to create a folder called "TeslaCam."
- you need to access the USB files from the iPhone using the Sandisk iXpand app.
- with the new Sentry Mode, you need a USB stick that is at least 8 GB, because the Sentry Mode requires at least 6GB of buffer space. But keep in mind every "save" will cost you 1GB. So having a somewhat large USB is a good idea.