Submitted by vishious911 on April 8, 2019
Just contacted support for this request
* Ability to play music from my phone's "USB" port (USB-C or thunderbolt etc) connected to Tesla's USB
* I can use my own app - spotify or pandora or google/apple music. We have a life built around these apps - playlists etc that we can't just "import" or recreate.
* I can control my own bitrate, and not rely on Slacker's intermittent lower quality audio (I suspect it's throttled in "urban/dense" areas to ease the stress). The same song on my "favorites" radio sounds arguably different the next time.
* I can take advantage of the premium speakers that come with the car!
* Tesla can save some money on data plans
* Concept of downloading songs on to a USB (which more often is a byproduct of piracy) is so OLD that it's ironic it's still on Tesla. And streaming encourages some revenue to the artists too!
So, if you like this, please reach out to Tesla support and ask them for this. Thanks!