Forums

Cruise control lane change issue in 8.5

Cruise control lane change issue in 8.5

Just got back from week-long trip from Morro Bay to Arizona (Sedona, Flagstaff, Grand Canyon). Halfway through the trip, I got the 8.5 update, and we noticed a problem when using TACC but not autosteer.
When changing lanes to the left to go around a slower vehicle, the car would brake/decelerate (I have no idea if the brake lights come on when it does this) for a sec and then get back up to speed. It was very aggravating. The problem did not occur when changing lanes to the right, and it did not occur with autosteer. Has anybody else noticed this problem?

By the way, a record for my Model 3: Flagstaff to Sedona energy consumption was 31 Wh/mi! Yes it was all downhill, but nice to not use any juice for 30 miles ;-)

EVRider | April 9, 2019

The recent updates seem to think other vehicles are crossing into your lane when they’re really not, causing your car to brake unnecessarily. I’m guessing that’s what you’re seeing. I’ve experienced this with Autosteer enabled.

ElectricAlex | April 9, 2019

Noted as well as some other AP and NavAP.

billlake2000 | April 9, 2019

Confirm that poopy behavior. Hope it gets "eliminated" in a future update, if you get my drift.

wildblue | April 10, 2019

thanks for the confirmation that it's not just my car being wacky. At first I thought it was my travel companion because it was happening only when she was driving, but then I realized because I was using AP (she's afraid to), it was limited to CC. And I confirmed it by testing.
Poopy indeed, billlake.