Forums

Best Insurance Companies for the Model 3?

Best Insurance Companies for the Model 3?

I currently have Geico and considering I went from a 2015 Toyota Camry SE to a Tesla, I knew I was going to have a price jump but $100+ more a month has me wondering if I can find a better deal on a good insurance company.

Looking for good full coverage insurance in Texas, any suggestions would be appreciated.

jvcesare | April 17, 2019

I went with Costco/Ameriprise and saved $1000 coming from AAA for my M3 and another car. I also priced GEICO and it was competitive so I'm not sure you will do much better.

gmkellogg | April 17, 2019

I have Geico. Adding the Tesla and replacing my old car I increased about 530 a year. Not bad considering the other car was 6 years old and paid off.

vanek909 | April 17, 2019

Geico had the best rate I could find on my previous vehicle (2015 Ford Fusion), but Progressive had the best rate I was able to find for my Model 3. Car insurance rates vary widely based on drivers, vehicles, and locations (even down to specific zip codes). Your best bet is to just get new quotes every time your situation changes (e.g. getting a new car, changing residence, etc.)

WattTheFrunk | April 17, 2019

I think there are too many variables to say one company is the best, Will really depend on your personal situation. For me, i had a multiple car discount and bundled with my home insurance with Allstate, so I got a great rate. Others have said Allstate was really expensive.

alexomid83 | April 17, 2019

I appreciate the feedback everybody. I understand that there are tons of variables, just looking to see who ya'll used and I was going to get quotes on all the companies compiled to find the best deal.

RickM3 | April 17, 2019

Just Switched to Progressive, for my M3 I received a "Smart Technology Discount", and rate went back to what I had before buying the M3.

markr7 | April 17, 2019

These Insurance polls are worthless.
Insurance rates are based on so many variables: Age, # of cars insured, Location, Do you own a home, Driving record, # of miles driven, # of accidents, # of tickets, & on & on.....
While someone may be getting a great rate from Geico, or progressive or whoever, that means nothing in your situation.
You need to contact each insurance company & get a quote for YOUR situation.