Forums

Post April 23rd announcement VIN

Post April 23rd announcement VIN

Has anyone that placed an order after the April 23rd Tesla Blog announcement received their VIN # yet? The order page still says "May" delivery but I haven't gotten any updates to my order page re: VIN or Production or Delivery or anything.

https://www.tesla.com/blog/longest-range-electric-vehicle-now-goes-even-...

JChun | May 8, 2019

no, same here, ordered April 25th. I was told average of 2 weeks.

richard_lawson | May 8, 2019

I ordered 4-24 and no VIN. In the past I received a VIN within a week

Boonedocks | May 8, 2019

Good news is we are all in the same boat.....bad news is
What Is Going On!!!

I have a buyer flying to Atlanta from Michigan to buy my car Monday 5/13 thinking I wouldn’t be without a car for more than a few weeks...with no updates it’s s little concerning how long it may be for my new car to be delivered. Oh well at least it’s (re) FRESH one lol lol.

KenR | May 8, 2019

April 29th with no VIN yet. I was told it typically runs about a week so I wasn’t concerned (until I read this post) ;)

PPower | May 8, 2019

Same here, no VIN yet.

I noticed that Tesla has made an update to the My Tesla Account - they now have a completely new way to show information. So maybe they have also change when/how the VIN is showing?

Boonedocks | May 11, 2019

Finally had the “cancelled” order drop off of My Tesla Account page but still just an RN# on my 4-29 order.

Still no VIN’s on the refreshed S or X?

KenR | May 14, 2019

Still only have an RN listed on the site, but just got a text message that my "tentatively scheduled" delivery time is "5/15 at 11 AM". Since that is tomorrow, and I have heard nothing from any other communication method (email/phone) I am assuming that was sent in error?

Boonedocks | May 14, 2019

@KenR that is just insane. Please post back if you hear anything!!

KenR | May 14, 2019

Just spoke to my rep and delivery manager - VIN is now on my page, Tesla is at the Service Center and I'm picking up tomorrow!! Not the cleanest communication by far, but it looks like it is in. I will believe it when its in my garage.

Where are you located @KenR California?

Jimdow | May 14, 2019

Just spoke with my delivery rep and he had no news.My order was placed on 4/25. He expected that my car would enter production in about a week and be out by end of May. Another week to 10 days to ship it to South Florida.

JChun | May 14, 2019

Got my VIN today as well. Pickup scheduled for tomorrow, so I guess its there. I won't be able to pick it up until Friday w my schedule. The process has wrinkles as my insurance wouldn't cut me a policy w/o a VIN, and it was like winning a meat raffle getting the voicemail from the delivery manager, but yeah, the overall turnaround time 4/25, 19 days. Not bad.

KenR | May 14, 2019

15 day turnaround for me - I'm in the Atlanta area. Now, is anyone looking for a near-new quality 2014 Audi A6 Prestige with only 27k miles? :)

richard_lawson | May 14, 2019

In Atlanta as well. Tomorrow is 3 weeks, no VIN,

xviiixm | May 14, 2019

Ken, perhaps you ordered the right trim and colors interior and exterior. May I ask about your build? I'm wondering if mine will be delivered before end of the quarter.

I am in Atlanta as well and not a word or txt about my order. Sold my S100D Monday 5-13 to a very nice couple from Michigan that have already made it home and love their new Tesla. Down to one shared Model X for our family and can’t seem to get a peep out of anyone at Tesla local Tesla CA or even some contacts fairly high up. I also cancelled my extended warranty (tried) 2 weeks ago and it is still active on the My Tesla account page and not a word from anyone about it either. Seems the outbound communication from Tesla CA is all but shut off \i/

Forgot to add:
P100D +L
Black
Black interior
19” sonic carbon wheels upgrade
FSD

KenR | May 14, 2019

Model S Long Range
Midnight Silver Metallic
19" Sonic Carbon Slipstream Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability

Ordered 4/29, picking up 5/15

JChun | May 14, 2019

KenR we have the same build:
Model S Long Range
Midnight Silver Metallic
All Black Premium Interior
Autopilot

Ordered 4/25, pick up available 5/25

plpham123 | May 14, 2019

wow, that's reassuring
ordered mine 4/26
p100d +L
pearl white
tan
FSD
19" standard silver

Talked to sales rep today and was told car can be produced before you actually get VIN. Hoping I get call to pick up soon. I live in Southern California so delivery time should not be an issue.

ALSET | May 14, 2019

I feel like I'm the only one who didn't get the FSD. I remember talking to the Tesla Sales Rep who stated Musk initially tweeted that prices would go up 5/1 but then later said he would delay it to 5/10. I was debating whether I wanted to pay the $5000 now or wait a year and if Tesla actually delivers on FSD promises pay later, even if it was a bit more expensive. Imagine my surprise when on 5/2 the price suddenly went from $5000 to $6000...8 days before I expected it. Decided to settle on wait once that happened but it seems like I'm the only one here.

smithst | May 15, 2019

Ordered 4/29:
P100D
Grey Exterior
Black Interior
FDS

No VIN. Big sigh... but at least I get to enjoy my 2013 P85 a bit longer. Gonna miss that when it's gone.

Jimdow | May 15, 2019

Ordered 4/25
P100DL
White exterior
White interior
21” wheels
FSD
No VIN yet.... transferring my red P100DL with 12.5k miles to my brother tomorrow

PPower | May 15, 2019

Talked to a sales rep today, Tesla has changed the way they use the RN/VIN, so you will first get a VIN when they have a car produced that match your order. So it is very late in the order process that you will get the VIN.

Bill_75D | May 15, 2019

So they aren't building your car to order, but just waiting to grab the first one out of inventory that matches???

PPower | May 15, 2019

Yes. That way the can have a more effective production I assume. And with the less options to choose from, you are down to engine/range, exterior color and interior color versions to produce.

cloudphytr | May 15, 2019

Ordered 5/4
P100D + L
Midnight Silver Metallic
Black Interior
19" Carbon Wheels
FSD
No VIN yet, but not in a hurry.
Waiting to hear from Tesla re FSD cost raised being raised to $6000, despite assurances from Tesla support that it would not happen for North America until May 10th. Took a screenshot of an online chat with Tesla support where they stated this in the chat. Have appealed to get the original $5000 cost for the upgrade vice the $6000 paid. Sent them the screenshot and they're looking into it.

MrCoffee | May 15, 2019

No VIN as of yet.

Ordered 4/29:
P100D
Black Exterior
White Interior with Black Trim
19" Carbon Wheels
FDS

Sounds like i should expect it within about 2 weeks based on what others are saying here with their delivery dates. Trying to time selling my current car so hearing about how others in Atlanta are getting expected delivery dates is very helpful.

Tropopause | May 15, 2019

I wonder if the new permanent magnet front drive unit assembly will do away with the acceleration shudder (half shafts) that's affected a number of vehicles (including mine)?

Symco4 | May 16, 2019

Ordered 4/30
P100DL
White on white
Standard wheels

No Vin yet

BuckskinPony | May 16, 2019

Ordered 4/24

100D
White exterior
Tan interior
19" carbon wheels
FSD

No VIN

EdHusky | May 16, 2019

Same here. Ordered S performance on 4/26, as of 5/16, no VIN. See my post with questions.
https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/s-order-delivery-timeframes-experi...

richard_lawson | May 16, 2019

Ordered 4-24, No VIN
Model S Long Range
Pearl White Multi-Coat
Black and White Premium Interior
Autopilot

PPower | May 16, 2019

Tesla has changed their delivery process - you’ll first get the VIN when your car is ready to be delivered. Until then you will just have a RN number.

Jimdow | May 17, 2019

I suspect the delays could be due to one of these two reasons
Shortage of supply of one or more of the BOM items that are unique to the refreshed model S and X.
Could be as simple as the new wheel bearings or lower rolling resistance tires or new suspension components.
Or.... could be that a Tesla has shifted production to produce more non USA cars earlier in the quarter so it can maximize revenues. Remember, cars produced but not delivered to customers cannot be counted as revenues. Last quarter, tesla had a big increase in cars that were in transit but not billable.

plpham123 | May 17, 2019

Tesla most likely has built all our cars. They can't sell them until they get government approval because of the new changes it's considered a new car build. It's explained in this video. www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wzKWHoSm-g

JChun | May 17, 2019

Just picked mine up today. First Tesla for me. I'm absolutely shocked and amazed. Why did I wait so long? Inspiring to drive. Absolute joy.

Jimdow | May 18, 2019

@JChun...
Congratulations. Can you confirm that your new model S is the refreshed model. It probably just says dual motor for badging on the trunk.
If it is one of the refreshed models then Tesla must have received the homologation certificate and others should be delivered soon

JChun | May 18, 2019

@Jimdow, yes it is the refreshed model, new drive train w m3 front motor. 100D badging, 370m range.

JChun | May 18, 2019

I made a mistake, just checked again, badging on right hand side back only says "Dual Motor"

rdalcanto | May 19, 2019

Ordered 4/26. No VIN
P100DL
Black with black interior
19 carbon
FSD

richard_lawson | May 26, 2019

They have definitely changed when they reveal the VIN. I have a delivery date of June 4th but no VIN in my account.

aimeecoleman888 | May 26, 2019

@richard_lawson- Do you have your MVPA? The VIN is listed there.

richard_lawson | May 26, 2019

@aimeecoleman888 I am not sure what a MVPA is. I have a reservation number.

p.c.mcavoy | May 27, 2019

@richard_lawson - MVPA = Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement. This is what shows you your order configuration and detail pricing breakdown.

@aimeecoleman888 - The MVPA will only show the reservation number initially and will not be updated to the VIN until the final version is created around the time of delivery.

richard_lawson | May 27, 2019

@p.c.mcavoy thank you.

jeremyinthebay | May 27, 2019

The good news is a few of the new units (“Ravens”) are out on the road, the most prominent being Eli Burton’s (https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-s-p100d-performance-sets-quarter-m...).

The bad news is it seems like very few have made it out, the advisors don’t seem to have any insight, and no communication is coming out of any other part of Tesla.

Good News / Bad News - They’ve reduced the price (which they’ll give you if you ask) and they’ve introduced two new interiors, including carbon fiber. They’ll change it for you, but I was warned it would delay the order.

Order 4th of May: Model S (Midnight Grey/Silver), P100D, Ludicrous, 21” Wheels, Black Interior, Full Self-Driving

smithst | May 27, 2019

More on the good news / bad news front: got my VIN assigned this morning! Bad (ok, maybe just “less good”) news is my estimated delivery date is June 25. So much for “May Delivery” but I’ll take it!

Wow! What was your order date and what configuration?

Congrats on getting a vin, more news than many of us.

Oh, and what area of the country are you in (if you don’t mind sharing)?

Pages