Forums

Why Tesla is not doomed

Why Tesla is not doomed

While many may watch this particular ‘Tuber a lot, on the chance that many others do not, I thought this YouTube link would be an encouragement. Ben Sullins (Teslanomics) latest vid does a clean and clear job explaining why Tesla is not doomed, using data the media, big oil, big auto, and the Shorts all avoid. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7j0iaVmQKlQ
Well worth your 15 minutes.

lilbean | May 22, 2019

Can’t stand that guy.

M3phan | May 22, 2019

I get it. He has his moments though, and this is one of them. If you can, push past your dislike of him and catch the financial data he shares. It’s good stuff.

M3phan | May 22, 2019

(I can’t stand Clooney or Damon, to name two, but even they can make a decent film every now and then!)
; )

Firaz.ashraf | May 22, 2019

There is risk. Dont be blind to it and read the call summary from Morgan Stanley. I am also an optimist, but Tesla has significant cash burn that can not be denied.

aasandsas | May 22, 2019

Tesla needs a minority partner who can put cash and pay off some of the debt.

Please stop being naive if you don’t understand how finance works.

jjgunn | May 22, 2019

They have to stop burning through cash. Need to show profit for 4 straight quarters.

I already bought 2 cars. I'm not buying a third.

When did Amazon stop the cash burn?

Tropopause | May 23, 2019

Jonas is an idiot.

Tropopause | May 23, 2019

Beaner,

If you don't like Ben, try this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti2tZlhAlck

He's very good!

M3phan | May 23, 2019

Optimism and naïveté are not necessarily bedfellows. ; )

ReD eXiLe ms us | May 23, 2019

Morgan Stanley is just as evil and untrustworthy as the bums over at Goldman Sachs. Interesting how the SEC has had nothing to say about their predictions of TSLA dropping by anything from 30% to 99%, but is all over Elon Musk's ass for anything posted via twitter.

Hey, look! Tesla still hasn't run out of money, gone out of business, or filed for bankruptcy. After over a decade of predicting Tesla would go out of business 'any day now'... But people are supposed to be concerned with new revelations of 'cash burn', even though the last predictions, premonitions, and prophecies from about twenty months ago saying their demise would take place immediately upon a nearly $1,000,000,000 bond payment coming due, didn't take place. Only ten months left, hunh? OK. So now Tesla will go out of business by the end of March 2020? Cool. I'll take that bet.

I think it more likely Tesla will continue to expand, continue to outsell multiple competitors, continue to achieve many goals, and continue to utterly flabbergast traditional ANALyst theories.

M3phan | May 23, 2019

@ReD eXiLe ms us, your predilection for precise prose is practically persuasive.

bpaul | May 24, 2019

First comment being "can't stand that guy" helps restore, even if just a little bit, my faith in humanity. I endorse this viewpoint.

People who don't like George Clooney should watch him in "Return of the Killer Tomatoes."

Electric_Sheeple | May 24, 2019

@JJGUNN .... Amazon took: 14 years—58 quarters to turn its first profit (according to the interwebs)

efuseakay | May 24, 2019

A guy who relies on Tesla to make a livelyhood on YouTube says Tesla isn't doomed. lol

efuseakay | May 24, 2019

Make that "livelihood".

M3phan | May 24, 2019

@efuseakay, understood, but self-defense can still be a viable defense in light of the data or info presented. I happen to think it was some helpful, positive and legitimate content, in spite of the source.

ReD eXiLe ms us | May 24, 2019

M3phan: Correct. Most often, when someone complains that someone else is being 'defensive', they ignore both that they were attacked and seem peeved that their position can actually be defended. Always amazes me when people say that being 'passive aggressive' is a bad thing somehow, yet never express a preference for someone being either 'active aggressive' or 'passive submissive' instead.

hainesy | May 24, 2019

Tesla will absolutely run out of money and hit Chapter 11. One of the major automakers will buy it, turf Musk and ruin the company by stopping software upgrades, etc. It doesn't have to be this way, but it will because Musk is a terrible businessman. Brilliant engineer. Absolute visionary. But terrible at running a company.

hainesy: Thanks for removing all doubt by presenting such evidence of your terminal stupidity for the record.

Kary993 | May 24, 2019

As long as Tesla con continue to secure financing it doesn't matter what wall street or shorter's think or do. Tesla will succeed if they can continue.....and then the idea of the $4000 a share stock price is possible.

efuseakay | May 24, 2019

That's a big "if", Kary.

efuseakay: 'IF' a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt on the ground when hopping about all the time.

Please explain why Tesla will not gain any revenue from the sale of cars in the next nine-to-ten months.

Kary993 | May 24, 2019

@efuseakay - there are plenty of financing sources that Tesla can use. presently everyone is focusing on the fact that Tesla will run out of cash in less than a year as though they will be unable to make any money between now and the end. The end never comes as the past has proven. There are plenty of investors that see the real end game here, not just the shorter's that are in it for themselves. I do not worry that Tesla will prevail.

Kary993: Agreed. NaySayers always attempt to enlist 'IF' as an agent of doubt, when it is actually an ally of hope.

Magic 8 Ball | May 24, 2019

Red Red Red for the win!

Kenz | May 25, 2019

Tesla shorts are doomed.
I do not see why they are rooting against an American company making a car in America.
Tesla is outselling the competition, gas or electric and should be applauded.
Wall Street is short sighted and only looks to the next quarter. Elon thinks long term, years or a decade.
Just like with Amazon the shorts will be wrong. They complained for years how Amazon was not making any money while they were growing like crazy.

apodbdrs | May 25, 2019

I don;t know, but everyday in southern California, I see more and more Tesla's every where. They are becoming a very normal every day car. With close to 40 million people in the state and a considerable number of drivers now choosing to go Tesla, don't be surprised with this quarter's sales.

lmorda2 | May 28, 2019

I agree with apodbdrs. There has been an explosion of model 3's in my area here in San Diego. I think it's great. There has to be at least four to five times more teslas in my area since the beginning of the year.

syclone | May 29, 2019

Have you read any of the newspaper headlines recently? We are all doomed!

Lightglass | May 29, 2019

Funny, I live near I-40 outside of Albuquerque, go into town several times a week. 3 out of 5 trips I see a load of Tesla’s being hauled East. There is an occasional load of Chevy’s, Toyota’s, etc., but what are the odds of seeing a load of Teslas 60% of my trips? Different times of day too, so not the same schedule.....I surmise a huge output of cars being delivered!

Kary993 | May 29, 2019

Yes here in San Diego the number of Model 3's is incredible. Until recently, I never saw many Model 3 Performance cars as I do now. Three of them in my parking garage and all are pearl white with the spoiler and tinted window, just like mine. Normally I would hate everyone having the same car as mine, but I really like it! Often now, particularly in the morning commute, I can be surrounded by model 3's. Most I have been around at a stop light is 6 model 3's!

Neomaxizoomdweebie | May 29, 2019

Shorts are about to lose their scalps. I saw multiple positive Tesla headlines today.

Bighorn | May 29, 2019

Running out of cash was predicated on extrapolating forward Q1 burn which included the $900M bond payment. JFC

ReD eXiLe ms us | May 29, 2019

Bighorn: Yes. NaySayers never seem to point out such details, like bills they said would bankrupt Tesla being paid in full without a hitch. It is astounding that they don't realize it is their own formulas and models that are incorrect. They will never fit the reality that is Tesla.

chris.pribe | May 30, 2019

ReD, I suspect the models and formulas of the legacy auto and fossil fuel folks correctly point towards major swathes of their industries being doomed. And that is why we hear this constant public chorus about Tesla’s doom.

ReD eXiLe ms us | June 2, 2019

chris.pribe: Yeah. Nothing showed how ridiculous their models were when applied to Tesla more than their reaction during the Chinese Crisis of February 2016. Raising prices for crude oil in Asia and banking issues in China each had nothing to do with Tesla's business, Yet their stock tumbled to around $150 per share anyway.