Forums

Model S 85D loaner

Model S 85D loaner

I took my car in today and they gave me a non-P 85D loaner. 25k miles, nice car, very similar DNA to my Model 3 but it's like driving a bus! So long and has the kid seats in the back, tiny little rear window.

Makes me happy I waited for the M3D LR.

gballant4570 | June 12, 2019

Your wallet thanks you for waiting as well.

JAD | June 13, 2019

Hard to tell that is a four year old car though, they do age well.

gballant4570 | June 13, 2019

We ran into a couple on the OBX a couple of weeks ago who were driving a Model X. They told us that bought the 16th Model X that Tesla made for the commercial market. It looked great - but is was about 3 years old, which is quite new to my perspective. The Model 3 is only the 3rd vehicle I bought that was a new car.....

stevenmaifert | June 13, 2019

To each his own. When I go from my 2012 Model S with air suspension, to my wife's 2018 Model 3, I feel like I've gone from the ride and comfort of a luxury sedan to that of a Go Kart. When we travel in the Model S, my wife shares the freeway driving duty, but she refuses to drive it in-town because it is so big. She loves her Model 3.

coleAK | June 13, 2019

I guess that showed you why S sales have plummeted. We had an S before the 3. If the 3 had been available when we got the S there is no way we would have goten the S.

Firaz.ashraf | June 13, 2019

S has better ride quality and room, but its not nimble and the feel of the steering is not crisp.
First time i drove S after the 3, i felt like there was too much "noise' from all the unnecessary buttons and stalks...
3 is clean and once you get used to it its amazing how even the S feels sloppy and distracting...I think Elon got it right.
I have debated many times if want to update family ICE SUV to X, but i cant accept the "noise". Reserved a Y, but may be tempted by the pickup if it can actually seat 6

Neomaxizoomdweebie | June 13, 2019

There’s an entitled whiner on a different thread who wants to borrow your loaner.

Firaz.ashraf | June 13, 2019

LOL @Neomaxizoomdweebie

lupejerry | June 13, 2019

I have a 75D loaner right now. I like my Model 3 better.
I do like the adjustable suspension on the S though.

electricBear | June 13, 2019

I have an S 85D and a 3 LR AWD. Love them both for different reasons. S obviously was first and is a great highway car. The 3 isn't that much smaller but it is significant when on rural roads. The difference between having one wheel nudging the center line and the other edging a ditch vs. a few inches grace in case you blink

ODWms | June 14, 2019

“If the 3 had been available when we got the S there is no way we would have gotten the S.”
——————————

My sentiment exactly. I would have owned a Tesla on day one if they had a mid sized sedan available at all, let alone one with all the features, driving experience and fun factor as the Model 3. The S is much larger on the outside, but marginally, almost undetectably so in the passenger compartment.

M3phan | June 14, 2019

Had my model 3 in today for minor service and two new rear tires, got a model S 85D loaner, didn’t enjoy it compared to the 3. Main dislikes: big and floaty and “loose” sounding. And the bigger wheels with low profile tires, road noise and harsh ride feedback. So glad to get back into my 3 end of day.