Forums

Glass roof misaligned

Glass roof misaligned

Anyone else have this issue? Noticed while cleaning my model 3 that the passenger side glass is pretty far out of line with the others. What’s weird is the other side is perfectly in line so it seems like this portion of glass is substantially smaller than the others? If anyone had the service center fix something like this how long did it take?

Link to pics

https://photos.app.goo.gl/m9xbf3mt1soXVVvNA

Lonestar10_1999 | July 7, 2019

This should have been a Due Bill item.

Magic 8 Ball | July 7, 2019

Ours is similar, it looks much worse when you zoom in on it. Stand back without getting your nose right in it and you don't notice it (of course what has been seen cannot be unseen).

It is a cosmetic issue if it is not leaking. If it bothers you go to the Service Center and see what they have to say. Keep in mind if they agree to replace they will cut the old one out and put a new one in and it probably will not be perfect and your car will be in a shop rework environment while it is being done.

sl7vk | July 7, 2019

The glass roof panel is smaller than the trunk piece of glass. I noticed this while cleaning mine 2 weeks ago. Since then I’ve observed every model 3 at my work has the same condition.
All the ones I’ve seen have been centered though.

chetangandotra15 | February 10, 2020

Did anyone get it fixed? If so, how much were the charges?