Forums

Good install location for Alexa echo Auto

Good install location for Alexa echo Auto

any installed a Echo Auto in their M3? I am trying to find a place where the cables can be hidden but the unit (echo auto) is still visible ..I like the light glow coming from it when you talk to Alexa.

terminator9 | July 9, 2019

Can someone shout from an accidentally open window and ask Alexa to unlock your house door or turn off all lights? :)

terminator9 | July 9, 2019

Can someone shout from an accidentally open window and ask Alexa to unlock your house door or turn off all lights? :)

nobrien4804 | July 10, 2019

I have used the unit below in my previous car. I am in the process of getting it to work in my M3. Actually, it works fine. I purchased a 12V extension cord that can plug into the outlet in the console. It unobtrusively runs along the driver side of the console and I used adhesive velcro to attach the outlet to the side of the console, out of the way of my leg. This device works through an app on your phone. The only issue that I am having is that it seems like power doesn't cut off to the 12V outlet when the car locks, so I have to plug and unplug it each time. Supposedly, power is cut to the outlet when the screen goes black, but this Roav Viva stays lit.

https://www.anker.com/store/roav-viva/R5141113