Forums

What do you know, Tesla does review the forums :)

What do you know, Tesla does review the forums :)

This forum isn't as forsaken as some folks believe. Here's an example, share your own experiences that lead you to believe Tesla cares about your opinions on this forum.

--
Just made an appointment with folks at Tysons Corner VA. As always super friendly. I was describing my issues and shared that others on the forum are having the same thing, he acknowledged. I asked him if they go through the forums - he said 'we have our spies'

I knew Tesla didn't have this forum only to ignore it.

jimglas | July 16, 2019

it would make sense for the company to be aware of what is discussed in these forums.

Magic 8 Ball | July 16, 2019

Uh, huh "we have our spies" from an SC worker is undeniable evidence.

ROTFLMAO

vmulla | July 16, 2019

@jimglas,
Yup.

howard | July 16, 2019

I always thought it was monitored. What company would not monitor their own forums? Most QMS systems require monitoring customer feedback and that would include weeding through this forum. Would not surprise me if reports are not periodically generated.

Kary993 | July 16, 2019

Tesla could scrape any forums web pages around the world if they so choose....it has little to with access to this forum it is whether or not they care to dig into this. They have other things to do i am sure of that.

Forum is a backwater that give people a place to vent and whine, not useful feedback for TESLA. It would be a complete waste of time for TESLA to come here looking for constructive feedback. Useful feedback, that they react to, is found in MSM and through focused customer feedback techniques. Surveys, focus groups, blind studies.

vmulla | July 16, 2019

I guess it's for Tesla to use the info they have (or not)

lilbean | July 16, 2019

I have received two phone calls regarding issues I mentioned on the forum.

@lilbean How long ago was the most recent and was it on the model 3 forum?

vmulla | July 16, 2019

lilbean | July 16, 2019
I have received two phone calls regarding issues I mentioned on the forum.

----

That's one more confirmation data point.

lilbean | July 16, 2019

One was on the X forum and another on the 3 forum, I think. The most recent was last year.

Cool, can I ask what were the details surrounding the contact? Did you mention something about your car and they contacted you to make good, or what? You are the one and only report I have read where they reached out to someone because of an issue?

They did contact me once only because someone complained about profanity. I have seen plenty of profanity used by others, since that time, and have seen no action taken against it by TESLA.

dmastro | July 16, 2019

Most large companies monitor their forums, and I'd be surprised if Tesla doesn't. Forum feedback is every bit as relevant as phone, chat, tweets, email, etc contact.

Just because Tesla doesn't have a heavy mod presence here doesn't mean someone isn't reviewing and mining the forum.

lilbean | July 16, 2019

Yes, it was regarding the car and they took care of it. I don’t remember what it was. I think it was regarding the sunshade for the X.

M3BlueGeorgia | July 16, 2019

Yes, but will they fix the website bug that is trying to sell me AP for $2K despite that a different part of the website knows that the car already has EAP.

Sorry, couldn't help noting this.

EVRider | July 16, 2019

There might be some Tesla staff that monitor the forum, but it's not a priority for them and I don't think it's anyone's "job" to do that. If you want to get Tesla's attention, use one of the support options -- this is not a support channel.

Yeah, I would think the most TESLA would "monitor" would be to laugh at all the stuff that goes on here.

vmulla | July 16, 2019

EVRider | July 16, 2019
There might be some Tesla staff that monitor the forum, but it's not a priority for them and I don't think it's anyone's "job" to do that. If you want to get Tesla's attention, use one of the support options -- this is not a support channel.

----

Actually, I reached out to support today and they emailed me back, and no it's not an automated response. So, there is someone with a real job dealing with the Tesla forum.

Not everything that is shared here is looking for support. Sounding off ideas/thought/concerns is what communities do.

I'm just glad that Tesla is having paid personnel on the job for the forums. For what it's worth your opinion matters and you can share it here.

rxlawdude | July 16, 2019

Back in 2015, I remember getting a follow-up from Tesla regarding a post, so they (the local SvC) were definitely monitoring then.

vmulla | July 16, 2019

rxlawdude | July 16, 2019
Back in 2015, I remember getting a follow-up from Tesla regarding a post, so they (the local SvC) were definitely monitoring then.

--
Yet another confirmation

calvin940 | July 16, 2019

That last one might be a tad stale though. Just saying... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

vmulla | July 16, 2019

@calvin940,
True, but when put together with other data points it just reinforces Tesla's interest in the forum all the same.
That's a good thing!

Not one reply from anyone from TESLA on this forum ever, just sayn'. Anecdotes are not evidence of anything.

lilbean | July 16, 2019

Or maybe Tesla just likes me and @rxlawdude because we aren't whiney. :)

calvin940 | July 16, 2019

I totally want them to pay attention to the forums. Definitely a good thing. I am kinda glad they aren't participating at this point. I'd rather them change the forum software first then they can properly participate.

Trigger words: AM radio

Let the fun begin.

vmulla | July 16, 2019

lilbean | July 16, 2019
Or maybe Tesla just likes me and @rxlawdude because we aren't whiney. :)

----

:)) But you both shared something on the forum. If you didn't share they wouldn't have responded.

Maybe someone called TESLA on their behalf and it got brought to TESLA's attention that way. Bottom line is there is no validated evidence of TESLA participating here despite the desperate attempts to make it look that way.

Despite my many outrageous, vulgar, profane, etc. posts, TESLA never contacted me until someone called them with a complaint. There is your evidence they have not monitored these forums for well over a year now.

Of course all anecdotal so no real evidence from anyone. ; ). No data no nutin.

lilbean | July 16, 2019

I received a voice message saying, "Hi, this is is --- from Tesla, calling in regard to your forum post. Please call us back at your earliest convenience."

RedShift | July 16, 2019

@magic8

“You are the one and only report I have read where they reached out to someone because of an issue?”

I received 3 calls for my S between 2-5 years back due to my complaints here on the forum. I’ve never complained about my 3 here, so no chance for them to call me.

@RedShift I think they were active more on the S and X forum and when the three forum went live I was here fairly early on. I spent a few weeks here and then did not come back for months until I decided we were in and going to buy for sure.

All this time I have not read one report where someone got called by TESLA with in issue they have with the car that they posted here. The forum was constantly bombarded with spam bot attacks and very nasty stock shorting trolls (a few still here).

To give people hope that waging a complaint here will be noticed is what @vmulla does. He/she encourages people to share negativity here and this latest attempt to encourage people they will get noticed here is more of the nefarious agenda they have.

dmastro | July 16, 2019

@RedShift: Obviously since you failed to record your conversations with Tesla, this is not permissible evidence to be introduced in Forum Court. Hearsay!!

vmulla | July 16, 2019

Evidence that Tesla monitors the forum - Available / Some
Evidence that they are not monitoring the forum - None / Opinion at best

What evidence? Anecdotes are not evidence of anything (including mine).

Stop trolling for complaints.

charles.a.braun | July 16, 2019

Yet M8B is of the belief that every single Tesla owner, past and present do post on this forum. As evidenced by his declarations that because he only occasionally reads on this forum about problems that people have with their cars that only that number of people are actually having whatever problem it is.

Any Forum Poster: "My battery only charges to 220 miles today whereas yesterday it was charging to 310."

Typical M8B Reply: "That is FUD because you I have only read posts from you and 1 or 2 others out of 100's of 1000's of owners about such a problem."

Creating false hope that TESLA will notice them here is hurtful to everyone.

@C.A.B Truth is not made from strawmen.

dmastro | July 16, 2019

The bench rules that across the forum, unless evidence beyond the preponderance of a doubt is presented, all statements are conjecture. I expect fully categorized and uncatalogued documentation for any further statements or the poster will be held in contempt.

dmastro | July 16, 2019

*catalogued*

vmulla | July 16, 2019

We have well known, well-regarded forum members, saying they got responses to the info they posted on the forum. Is that not true?

That's as first hand as it can be.

billlake2000 | July 16, 2019

I am not well know, nor am I well regarded, nor did they contact me about my insightful posts. Go figure.

All anecdotal. My first hand experience is they have not contacted me until someone called them about me. They are not monitoring the forum proactively. I was informed they do not monitor the forums.

You are hurting people by creating false hope their complaints will be noticed here. If you want to complain call TESLA directly, otherwise you are just standing on a box in public airing out grievances in hopes someone will notice while most are annoyed by having to read the whiny complaints.

People that attempt to use anecdotes as evidence and or data are trying to hurt people.

billlake2000 | July 16, 2019

Necdotes are fine. Looking in my closet right now I see I have a necdote.

RedShift | July 16, 2019

@m8b

You were asking lilbean whether anyone else received calls. I responded with my reply.

It’s probably very difficult for Tesla to monitor this forum now, and proactively schedule service like they used to. That model cannot scale without putting more resources.
If you are saying the above, I’d agree with you.
If you say it is improbable Tesla has ever monitored and made proactive service appointments, I disagree strongly.

@Redshift I thought I explained my position on that in an earlier reply.

I have no doubt they were active on the forums, based on stories from trusted members, in the past. I believe it would be easy for them to be more proactive (all it takes is money and resources). I believe, and it should be obvious, that if someone has an issue on their car, that needs to be addressed, the most efficient way to get it taken care of is to contact TESLA directly. If someone comes here and says: "Hey TESLA my car needs to be fixed", these days, I will say they will never get a response from TESLA unless someone reaches out to TESLA on their behalf in another way.

TESLA had many volunteer ambassadors and it would not surprise me that they were contacting TESLA on behalf of people posting on the forum in the past with messages like: "Hey TESLA there is a customer that needs help please contact them". Those days are long gone IMO.

I have been on this forum as one of the most active posters (TESLA knows this and we conversed about this) for over a year now. Based on my conversation with TESLA I believe they have some automated metrics on this forum that they do tap into but nothing to do with post content. It should be obvious from the many many troll posts that still exist here that they do not care about what goes on here. I have read many complaints about cars here, over the past year, and not one person that has complained has come back and said TESLA reached out to them and helped them.

Mike UpNorth | July 16, 2019

From the time of dan - I thought we learned no one from Tesla had looked here in months-years.
I don't think anyone from Tesla actively reads this forum. IMO.

Mike UpNorth | July 16, 2019

***no one in a high position at T reads this forum.....but I'll bet front line sales floor people do, just enthusiastic T fans. But no real pull.

Could you image having the job of reading through all the nonsense here and performing triage on what is important and what is not. Just not feasible with what is posted here.

The dan thing was exciting. For the first time ever I thought a TESLA employee was posting here (the username in red was something else). Nope

Pages