Forums

What would Cat Mode be like?

What would Cat Mode be like?

Cat Mode...hmmm...what software would we need to keep our cats alive and non destructive in our cars?

andy.connor.e | September 19, 2019

yarn

rxlawdude | September 19, 2019

A crate.

Xerogas | September 19, 2019

Leave center console open. “If it fits, I sits”
Videos of birds on center screen

rxlawdude | September 19, 2019

To develop a cat mode, Tesla would have to have the scratch to do it.

TabascoGuy | September 19, 2019

I asked my cat which features she'd like to see in Cat Mode. She ignored me.

Tesla2018 | September 19, 2019

You would need a screen protector to avoid scratch marks of they had a mouse running back and forth on the display. Also the recessed hidden trunk area in the rear trunk would be filled with kitty litter.

lilbean | September 19, 2019

Cat mode lets the cat drive off and leave you after you walk away.

Tesla2018 | September 19, 2019

As long as it doesnt drive off a cliff like Tootles the car driving cat from Saturday Night Live back in the 80s.

TeslaTap.com | September 20, 2019

Tesla already has a cat mode - It's more commonly called a seat warmer!

blue adept | September 20, 2019

A ceiling mounted laser pointer traces increasingly more complex geometric patterns around the interior/cabin area of the car while alternating the speed of the pointer to keep your kitty entertained during your absence.

hemasiri.kalans... | September 20, 2019
Xerogas | September 21, 2019

A robotic arm, much like a bowling pin setter, places precious breakable Knick-knacks on the dashboard. Cat proceeds to systematically push them off.

blue adept | September 21, 2019
sbeggs | September 22, 2019

You guys crack me up! Points for all your creativity!

nukequazar | September 22, 2019

Best Tesla forum thread ever. #catsruledogsdrool

aaaaannestone | September 23, 2019

My cat is usually the cutest and most super friendly, but a few months ago he sometimes started where his eyes are wide open and he attacks. Even if you stop playing, biting or snapping it and you can't disappear. He is not vicious, so I think he is trying to play, but it is very annoying and in this "position" he can break the skin with the claws or blow his pieces.

Sometimes he does it when I play with him, or when I try to make him disappear (like putting him off my desk several times in a row).

So far I have picked it up (usually get a light to medium size) and put it in the bathroom and closed the door (it's the only room I can close it). After a few minutes I open the door and it is quiet again (usually), but I would really prefer it if he did not do everything at once. He walked for a year or refrained from ever entering this "location". He is a neutered male ~ 3-year-old long-haired mutt, possibly Maine Coon or Norwegian Forrest Cat's blood in him.

TeslaTap.com | September 23, 2019

@aaaaannestone - A copy and paste bot getting ready to spam (it hit many threads this morning). Flag away.

finman100 | September 23, 2019
Scarab | September 25, 2019

I imagine a cat mode would randomly re-lock the doors while you are trying to enter. Along with random typing and taps on the UI just to confuse and annoy you while driving. Maybe even random radio station and volume changes. Or seat adjustments just to get your attention. But then nothing will respond letting you fix the issues because now your Tesla-Cat has your attention it will ignore you.

cliffordsf | September 26, 2019

lol My cat rides in my car daily...she loves it and hasn't done any damage. Elon needs to rename it pet mode, or better yet, cat mode!

sbeggs | September 28, 2019

Still laughing! Thanks, guys.

blue adept | September 28, 2019

Meh, we have our moments.

sbeggs | October 5, 2019

Cat owners have a good sense of humor.

kmank2 | October 5, 2019

Wouldn’t be great if:

1. Your windows rolled up after a drop a rain automatically (when parked and you’ve engaged that feature)
2. You could turn off headlights using the headlight icon on the top of the screen (seems like you should)

blue adept | October 5, 2019

@sbeggs

I don't have any cats, but I do have a healthy sense of humor, even if a bit odd.

blue adept | October 5, 2019

@kmank2

1. In December 2017, Tesla started rolling out an OTA update (2017.52.3) enabling their AP2.x cars to utilize the onboard cameras to passively detect rain without the use of a dedicated sensor.

2. I think that it was felt that such capability could result in someone accidentally extinguishing their lights while they were accessing some other functionality, though there is a degree of headlight programmability accessible through the touchscreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Dg9Mw_5eI

Ross1 | October 8, 2019

Citroen have had that windows-up feature on the C5 since '01

blue adept | October 8, 2019

'...F*ck this thing in particular...'

sbeggs | October 22, 2019

Spent past week in Alexandria with sister Gail watching cat videos!

rxlawdude | October 22, 2019

@vik, you're a shith head.